Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Tanabe pro seven need imput

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:16 AM
konspec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe pro seven need imput

I just installed my tanabe pro sevens (hard driving) on my 350Z. I use to have the JIC FLTA2 but purchaced these mainly because their stiffer and quality in my opinion is much better. Here's the problem, I have the perches pretty much as low as they can go, but it's still almost at stock ride height!! With my JICs halfway down on the perches I had no gap at all! Hopefully someone can chime in here because I can't figure out why this would be. Also I torqued the pillow ball mount to factory specs and am still getting crazy clunking noise from the rear stuts! I know I probly wonn't find someone else with these on their 350Z being that Tanabe told me I have the Fifth set in the country but, If someone is experience with this product I would appreciated the imput.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 AM
konspec

oh by the way the factory torque specs for the pillow nut is between 39-49N.m i did the conversion from 46N.m which, i think is 33.9 ft.lbs. Does this sound right?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 AM
xephiron

I want that exact kit, with the TEAS so I am interested to hear more about this.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:35 AM
konspec

i will say this I am super impressed with the dampning. These have the 12kg spring rates front and rear which is 2kg higher then my JICs. It's crazy but the ride quality is much smoother! stiff and smooth=goodness. I think I'm going to buy the TEAS, for conveinece and I found that the suspension is 12way adj with manual ***** and the full 16way with TEAS
Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 AM
dolemizer

sounds very interesting, keep us posted!

The seven is probably the most expensive suspension out there, but it sounds like they truly are something very different. I'm thinking about going up to something more serious like the sevens and sell my GF's. How do they feel over bumps on the road?

I've been very happy with my GF210's for almost a year now, but i'm almost ready to upgrade. Reading the specs on that suspension makes me

If you cant figure them out, i'll take them from you
Old 03-29-2006, 11:36 AM
konspec

i didn't buy them for road comfort, but that was a huge bonus!! can't say enough of the dampning and I've driven on Tein and JIC coilovers, these=sex (once I get the ride height and noise figured out).
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
IP Gthreefive

hey konspec... did you figure out your height problem? i'm really considering about these coilovers....
Old 04-24-2006, 11:51 AM
konspec

well, with my 18inch wheels the front, at it's absolute lowest setting, I have a little more then a pointer finger gap.(3/4in-1in) As for the rears I figured out how to get it even lower. The original rear spring perch setup had the locking ring below the perch ring, making the locking ring prevent about a half inch of movement. I called up tanabe (who has been very helpful so far)and they said it was safe to reverse them, but even with that I have about 1.2in wheel gap in the rear. My car has a better feel then the jic coilovers but a higher center of gravity I sent an email asking if they have different mounts for the dampners or even a shorter spring that might give me more adjustability, hopefully they get back to me soon being that I have a track event on the 12th. I know that there can always be a case of user error, but I've had and alignment shop and the shop that balanced it look things over and they confirmed that it could not go any lower. If I had about another .5inch we could get the cross weight closer to 50% as of now, with out rasing the car up even higher(almost stock height) the closest they could get was 50.7% cross weight. I still recommend these coilovers, based on their quality, these are just small things that need to be worked out with a brand new product. Depending on your goals this height problem might not concern you. Since I have the hard driving version and my main purpose for the car is to track it, that makes the lack of adjustability a problem. If you have 19s, and a body kit then you would'nt want the car any lower.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
SilverJDMCoupe

Originally Posted by konspec
I just installed my tanabe pro sevens (hard driving) on my 350Z. I use to have the JIC FLTA2 but purchaced these mainly because their stiffer and quality in my opinion is much better. Here's the problem, I have the perches pretty much as low as they can go, but it's still almost at stock ride height!! With my JICs halfway down on the perches I had no gap at all! Hopefully someone can chime in here because I can't figure out why this would be. Also I torqued the pillow ball mount to factory specs and am still getting crazy clunking noise from the rear stuts! I know I probly wonn't find someone else with these on their 350Z being that Tanabe told me I have the Fifth set in the country but, If someone is experience with this product I would appreciated the imput.
When I have my Accord and got my Tanabe Coilovers, I had the same issue, it just so happened that they packaged the wrong springs with my set. I would contact them directly and get the uncompressed measurement and Spring rates for the Front and Rear, when I did this, I told the guy how much higher my springs were, and he immediatley sent me out a new set.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
konspec

thanks for the input