Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350evo A-Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:38 AM
plastiketa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350evo A-Arms

I was looking to get these but they no longer have them on their website. Does anyone know where I can get them or even if the company is still in business???
Old 04-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Pilot_Z

ttt

I want to know as well....
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+2

I need a set of these. I WAS going to get 350evo, but if they are DC'd I'm hoping the SPL ones soon to come out are a close second.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 PM
plastiketa

Originally Posted by 21112
+2

I need a set of these. I WAS going to get 350evo, but if they are DC'd I'm hoping the SPL ones soon to come out are a close second.
SPLs!?! Any prototype specs on these?
Old 04-29-2006, 08:50 AM
MoodDude

I ordered mine about a month ago - they ran out and are building them now, that is why they took them off their website. They said they will have them done in about a month. (it takes a month just to get the material and another month to fabricate)
Old 04-29-2006, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by plastiketa
SPLs!?! Any prototype specs on these?
http://www.splparts.com/

Go under Fairlady Z (03+), suspension, multilink.

They sound like the real deal.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:38 AM
MoodDude

The SPL look like a real work of art, yet I still preferr the 350evo design since they use a camber plate design. The plate allows you to change the camber fast so you can find the right setting to make your car faster in the corners! The SPL design looks like you adjust two threaded bolts in back for camber? Man - if you screw up and adjust one more than the other - you will throw your caster off!

Last edited by MoodDude; 04-30-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:09 AM
twenzel

Originally Posted by MoodDude
The SPL look like a real work of art, yet I still preferr the 350evo design since they use a camber plate design. The plate allows you to change the camber fast so you can find the right setting to make your car faster in the corners! The SPL design looks like you adjust two threaded bolts in back for camber? Man - if you screw up and adjust one more than the other - you will throw your caster off!

Yeah that design looks a bit strange, There is no way to be sure you are adjusting the exact same amount on both sides.

I use the 350Evo arms and must say they are the best design and best quality I've seen yet. Also, they are the most expensive.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:31 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

I like the fact that the SPL A-Arms DO allow caster adjustment! I think they are the only arms that do/will allow caster adjustment. I recently got a used set of Unitech arms as I couldn't wait any longer. So far, very happy with them. Not sure if they will be making any more though.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:21 AM
kuah@splparts

Our production arms will have a threaded double adjuster on the ball joint end for straightforward camber adjustment; the prototype (as seen in the pic) did not have a double adjuster which required the ball joint be disconnected to adjust that end. Camber is not adjusted through the inside points unless you need to set the arm to the upper range of positive camber adjustment.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:45 AM
MoodDude

Great idea on the double threaded adjuster on the ball joint, I think that is Kinetix's downfall, although they make a great product.
Now if you could have your model w/ a camber plate adjustment with a guage scribed into the plate that would be the bomb!!!! That way you can adjust your Caster if you want (although all the stuff I have read is you should not screw around with the factory settings) and change your camber to a know setting (helps me when I go from the street to track and then back).
What is your plan as far as the bushing - Urathane?
Will the two back threaded adjusters come preset so I know I am at the factory caster?

(yes - I think about this stuff to much.)
Old 04-30-2006, 02:35 PM
kuah@splparts

Great idea on the double threaded adjuster on the ball joint, I think that is Kinetix's downfall, although they make a great product.
Now if you could have your model w/ a camber plate adjustment with a guage scribed into the plate that would be the bomb!!!! That way you can adjust your Caster if you want (although all the stuff I have read is you should not screw around with the factory settings) and change your camber to a know setting (helps me when I go from the street to track and then back).
What is your plan as far as the bushing - Urathane?
Will the two back threaded adjusters come preset so I know I am at the factory caster?

(yes - I think about this stuff to much.)
Since we are using a threaded double adjuster, there is no "camber plate" that can be marked. The camber setting can be quickly changed by either counting the number of turns, or by measuring the length of the threaded section (every 0.33" is 1 deg of camber).

FWIW we opted not to go with a sliding camber plate design because it is much more likely to slip (eg. when hitting a curb), since it relies on friction between two plates to hold its setting. This was a common problem with the older Stillen front camber arms for the 300ZX.

Our arms come with high strength chromoly rod ends (spherical bearings) and will come preset to factory caster...
Old 04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
zredline

kuah, I am interested in this front camber arm also, can you say when these might be available? Do you have any pictures of what the final product will look like? Thanks.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:51 PM
HokieZ

When will the SPL arms be available?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:01 PM
kuah@splparts

We are hoping to have the first few arms from production ready in about 2-3 weeks...