Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Mad as hell at STOP TECH (flame suit on)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:52 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy Stop Tech's....does a Z good!

<< uses only Stop Tech's
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
davidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I pd. $1500 for 4 stoptech 2 pc. drilled areo rotors, pricey maybe, but purrty as hell behind them gold brembos.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to add any flame to a fire...

List price: from www.stoptech.com

Ford Mutang 2005: 355x32 BBK: $2195

NISSAN 350Z/G35: 355x32 BBK: $2595

The price difference is probably in the Hat / Mounting hardware / Brake Lines...

They do not have a 4 wheel Ford Mustang kit...

NISSAN 350Z has 13 4 pot, 14.1 4 and 6 pot kits... They are IMHO the best BBK out there for this car...

PM me and Ill take care of you MR_Q... We sell many STOP TECH BBK's...
Old 07-05-2006, 12:41 PM
hfm

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
Mr. Q, if you're going to buy anywhere, I think you'll find that Jason is the first and last place you need to look. The guys at Performance Parts are simply the best.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
what happened to the disrespectful member posting rule?
what about it? are you on crack again? Ready my reply again before biting my leg. tsk..tsk.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:32 PM
J Ritt

Thanks for the support guys. We really do try to keep our prices reasonable, and there's definitely no exception for the 350Z. Over the years, we've listened to 350Z owners, and tried to deliver what they wanted. Check my old posts from a couple of years ago. We try to do our homework and provide solutions for all needs and budgets. In fact, if you check out our catalog, we now have more products for the 350Z/G35 than any other platform. Maybe it's because I owned one for 3+ years and happened to push a little harder in those project planning meetings?

Our guys are enthusiasts just like everyone on these boards. We all track our vehicles, and live and breath cars. We aren't out to gouge anyone. In fact, if you were to ask 350Z owners that do track days what their best bang for the buck mod is, our BBK's would come up quite often. They really are a good value.

As for resellers, we try to deal only with reputable ones. You can buy our products from a lot of places, but they're not all authorized resellers of our products. You just have to research and go with a shop that has a good reputation. I HATE hearing complaints from customers about a reseller of ours jerking their chain. We are very aware of this, and we come down hard on resellers that don't play nice. We've all been there, and we know it's no fun!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
what about it? are you on crack again? Ready my reply again before biting my leg. tsk..tsk.

you originally posted
Originally Posted by Bubble
lolz..just don't buy from Stoptech. You can buy other brands at almost half price. Anything for the Z is over price
Dude.. Show me equal performing braking distances for these claimed "other brands at almost half the price" . If you can find them, buy em up cuz you'd make a killing.. Fact is.. there aren't any. All major 4 piston front and rear kits from the major brake companies are consistantly priced.

you're just posting false claims to support your Rotora-fan club.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:56 PM
MoodDude

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Please don't start talking bad about other brands out there - please. There are other good BBK out there.

And for your reference - at one track event my instructor was an ower of a large race car shop - and he was so impressed with my BBK (Rotora) that he said that he wanted to start recommending them to other customers. And he has driven other cars with all the other BBK's and he said the only other one he has seen work well is Stoptech.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
Thanks, I totally blanked on you guys selling these!!! I think it's because last time I hit the site (before the site's dark period) I saw AP Racing all over the place in the brake section.

I PM'd you...

And once again, I appologize to Stop Tech. I wish I could change the thread title as I did the subject. Hopefully people actually read the thread and not just the title. And see the real meat of the outcome.

I was *almost* burned by a local dealer and I took it out on Stop Tech.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Chebosto
you originally posted

did i mention Rotora in the thread? he starts out as "Mad as hell at Stoptech" so i just simply say: then don't buy it if you mad at them. DUHHH to both of you.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by MoodDude
Please don't start talking bad about other brands out there - please. There are other good BBK out there.

And for your reference - at one track event my instructor was an ower of a large race car shop - and he was so impressed with my BBK (Rotora) that he said that he wanted to start recommending them to other customers. And he has driven other cars with all the other BBK's and he said the only other one he has seen work well is Stoptech.
Stoptech fans are hardcore. They will kill anyone that don't go with ST..lolz..
Old 07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
J Ritt

Stoptech fans are hardcore. They will kill anyone that don't go with ST..lolz..
That's right...we put a StopTech tatoo template in with each kit. Every new owner must get the tatoo on a visible body location within 30 days. If they don't, and we see them at the track...out come the shock collars. The whole thing really does get ugly.

Mr_Q,
It's all good...you were upset. You tried to fix it but couldn't...no harm done. I've done one too many posts in anger in my day. Thanks.