Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 05:32 AM
Kraigman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit

In addition to having a bearing replaced (outcome of a December meeting with a curb), I had my friendly neighborhood Nissan Dealership install these springs on Thursday. After the install we took some pics of the dropped Z nose-to-nose with one of the Z's in the lot.

These pics show the subtle effects of a 1.2" front drop and a .8" rear drop. Unfortunately, the 2 Z's were parked on an incline effectively distorting the comparison a bit. Look closely, however, at the wheelwell and notice how much the space between the tire and the quarterpanel has been reduced. The illusion to me is that the car seems to have gained a few more inches of wheelbase - it looks to my eyes a bit more like the Z32 than it did prior to the drop.

One other thing - all alignment numbers (alignment performed after install) with the exception of front camber are within the Nissan specs. Both front wheels returned a camber of 1.4 (slightly above the 1.33 high limit posted by Nissan).

Let me know what you think.

First pic follows:
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit-drop-pic-1.jpg  

Last edited by Kraigman; 03-31-2003 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:34 AM
Kraigman

Pic #2:
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit-drop-pic-2.jpg  
Old 03-31-2003, 05:41 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit

Originally posted by Kraigman
In addition to having a bearing replaced (outcome of a December meeting with a curb), I had my friendly neighborhood Nissan Dealership install these springs on Thursday. After the install we took some pics of the dropped Z nose-to-nose with one of the Z's in the lot.

These pics show the subtle effects of a .8" front drop and a 1.2" rear drop. Unfortunately, the 2 Z's were parked on an incline effectively distorting the comparison a bit. Look closely, however, at the wheelwell and notice how much the space between the tire and the quarterpanel has been reduced. The illusion to me is that the car seems to have gained a few more inches of wheelbase - it looks to my eyes a bit more like the Z32 than it did prior to the drop.

One other thing - all alignment numbers (alignment performed after install) with the exception of front camber are within the Nissan specs. Both front wheels returned a camber of 1.4 (slightly above the 1.33 high limit posted by Nissan).

Let me know what you think.

First pic follows:
Looks great! What was your driving impression?
Old 03-31-2003, 05:56 AM
Kraigman

Did a bit of "spirited" driving on Thursday evening. Hard for me to do a before-after comparison as I've been driving VERY conservatively due to the vibration caused by the damaged bearing.

The car does feel a bit stiffer; however, rough roads feel much better to me. No oscillations, no rocking. It just seems to recover a bit quicker - to me it feels better. In my unprofessional opinion anyway.

On Saturday morning at about 6am, I took her out onto some curvy roads to see how she handled with the new springs, wheels, and tires, and let me tell you, I had a blast. She was taking some 60-90 degree turns as if she were on a rail. Very little perceived roll. By the way, I also installed InSaNeMine's grounding kit on Saturday - seems smoother at idle, perhaps a bit more responsive.

I really love this car - perhaps now a bit more
Old 03-31-2003, 06:42 AM
mcclaskz

Kraig-
Looks great! Did you happen to take any pics from behind for me?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:05 AM
EnthusiastZ

Did you let the springs settle for a week or two before getting the alignment done?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Kraigman

Not yet, Mcclaskz. Will do though once the weather improves - actually I'll try to take one tonight when I get home. Car is in the garage so no problem.

Re waiting for alignment - actually had the measurements taken just after the install. I was more concerned about making sure that the curb hit did not do anything beyond the damage to the bearing. I plan on having it done again soon at a different site - probably following the installation of a new exhaust system.

Actually planned on taking pics this weekend - but broke the ground wire bolt while installing InSaNeMine's grounding kit. You would not believe how long it took for me to 'fix' the problem. A dropped bolt in the engine compartment did not help things either.

My next mod will probably be a new set of thumbs - these don't work anymore.

Last edited by Kraigman; 03-31-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:24 PM
ZDreamZ

Hey Kraigman, quick question. What size tire do you have up front? Are they 245/40 or 245/35? Please get back
Old 03-31-2003, 10:03 PM
*510*350Z

Yo! that white 350Z is phat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a white 350Z myself. What do you think about gold 19's Volk TE-37 deep dishes? Nice ride!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:21 AM
z461

Originally posted by *510*350Z
Yo! that white 350Z is phat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a white 350Z myself. What do you think about gold 19's Volk TE-37 deep dishes? Nice ride!
Did you mean bronze?
Old 04-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Kraigman

zDreamz: the fronts are 245/35 (rears 275/35).

McclaskZ: Here's a couple of rear shots for you. Let me know if they do the trick.

*510*350Z: I think the bronze TE-37 looks great on a PPW Z. In my opnion, a gold 5 spoke wheel would also look pretty awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit-000_0008a.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 05:37 AM
Kraigman

Second pic.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit-000_0005a.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 11:06 AM
mcclaskz

Thanks Kraig! I was trying to see how far out the +35 offset would go. I like it a lot. Have you noticed any uneven tread wear in the rear?
Old 04-01-2003, 01:46 PM
lotus

Kraigman your car looks great.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:03 PM
Kraigman

Thanks Lotus.

Not yet, Mcclaskz. I only have about 500 miles on them though - much too early to tell.
Old 04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
redlineRED350z

I thought it was .8 FRONT and 1.2 REAR. correct me if i am wrong.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:00 PM
Stone Z

I'm a huge proponent of dropped cars, but for some reason the Z looks perfect the way it sits stock.

Your car looks nice, though.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:54 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Stone Z
I'm a huge proponent of dropped cars, but for some reason the Z looks perfect the way it sits stock.
I agree 100%
Old 04-02-2003, 06:37 AM
slaponte

Actually, I agree 100% as well, but... I can't find any progressive springs that won't drop the car. And adjustable coilovers are waaaayyy to price to fix a minor nuisance.

I have been inspeacting every single picture I can get of the Eibachs installed and have decided the drop is minimal and acceptable. I would rather go with a 0" to .5" drop, but what can you do.

If the results in handeling are as good as expressed in all the available threads, I am in. Actually, I just agreed to purchase a set next week. I'll have them installed, keep my stock springs, drive it for a few months. Worts case I put the stocks back. Not much to loose.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:16 AM
jmark

Originally posted by slaponte
Actually, I agree 100% as well, but... I can't find any progressive springs that won't drop the car. And adjustable coilovers are waaaayyy to price to fix a minor nuisance.

I have been inspeacting every single picture I can get of the Eibachs installed and have decided the drop is minimal and acceptable. I would rather go with a 0" to .5" drop, but what can you do.

If the results in handeling are as good as expressed in all the available threads, I am in. Actually, I just agreed to purchase a set next week. I'll have them installed, keep my stock springs, drive it for a few months. Worts case I put the stocks back. Not much to loose.
Except the bounce!

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro Kit Installed - Pics Next to Z w/o Kit