Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
View Poll Results: Axxis Ultimates or Hawk HPS pads?
Axxis Ultimates
41.38%
Hawk HPS
58.62%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Axxis Ultimate or Hawk HPS pads?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:49 AM
jran76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Axxis Ultimates, Hawk HPS and HP+ pads with my Stoptech kit (ST-40 front kit). I agree with all of the above. The Ultimates and HP+'s are similar, higher dust and better performance (more noise too...). The HPS's are cleaner and quieter, but initial bite, fade, wet/rain performance, and overall stopping performance are much worse.

I have had the Stoptech kit for over 5 years (2 yrs on a Z, and almost 4 on a G sedan). I have use the above 3 pads the entire time. I am currently running the HPS's, but I am going back to the Ultimates or HP+'s in the next couple weeks (probably the Ultimates, but I have both). I would maybe like to try some other pad that is a somewhere between the two....
Old 06-04-2008, 04:36 AM
DanielW
Banned

like has been stated already, the hawk hps pads suck as far as performance is concerned. I'll never buy another set. I'm considering the axxis ultimates myself. hopefully they will give me better bite and less fade along with my new slotted rotors
Old 06-04-2008, 04:37 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by jran76
I have used Axxis Ultimates, Hawk HPS and HP+ pads with my Stoptech kit (ST-40 front kit). I agree with all of the above. The Ultimates and HP+'s are similar, higher dust and better performance (more noise too...). The HPS's are cleaner and quieter, but initial bite, fade, wet/rain performance, and overall stopping performance are much worse.

I have had the Stoptech kit for over 5 years (2 yrs on a Z, and almost 4 on a G sedan). I have use the above 3 pads the entire time. I am currently running the HPS's, but I am going back to the Ultimates or HP+'s in the next couple weeks (probably the Ultimates, but I have both). I would maybe like to try some other pad that is a somewhere between the two....
what pad is in between the ultimates/HP+ and HPS?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:38 AM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by DanielW
HP+ are supposed to be more track-oriented pads.

PS- those axxis ultimates in the market place are shipping from hawaii, $$$$.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielW
Endless SSS would give you qualities of the HP + in terms of bite, lower dust, and better wet capabilities vs the HPS. Ferodo DS2500 is another pad that would be a great one to look at - but it is a bit dusty

Ultimates are a great street pad...they are not track at all, but they do dust and they are a bit noisy
Old 06-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Jon70ProofZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Minus the rude comments, I agree with alberto 100% ... I actually felt so unsafe with my hawk hps pads that I took them out and got the stoptech stage 2 kit, complete with axxis ultimate pads.

Night and day improvement. Anyone who says hawk HPS are good, I agree, hasn't been pushing his brakes at all...
I second this, I took my hawk HPS up US 129, to see what everyone was talking about with this "amazing" pad, and felt like they were not working after about 5 mins, great pads for daily driving but not worth it at all once they got put to the test

spent 4 months now on the Axxis ultimates and have no complaints really other than alot of dust but i wash my car ever couple days so doesn't really bother me, but been to the dragon (US 129) about 5 times on these and they work beautifully no fade in the tight corners, got into some high speed stuff on Cherohala Skyway (lots of 70+ heavy breaking) and they held up great, a little vibration but i think that was from my crap ebay rotors, looking into getting some DBA rotors to pair with these and really hit them Axxis Ultimates FTW!

try http://www.importpartspro.com/axulfbrpabrn.html extremely quick shipping(im in TN and get my orders in 2 days), no hassle, great guy to order parts from!

Last edited by Jon70ProofZ; 06-04-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
I second this, I took my hawk HPS up US 129, to see what everyone was talking about with this "amazing" pad, and felt like they were not working after about 5 mins, great pads for daily driving but not worth it at all once they got put to the test

spent 4 months now on the Axxis ultimates and have no complaints really other than alot of dust but i wash my car ever couple days so doesn't really bother me, but been to the dragon (US 129) about 5 times on these and they work beautifully no fade in the tight corners, got into some high speed stuff on Cherohala Skyway (lots of 70+ heavy breaking) and they held up great, a little vibration but i think that was from my crap ebay rotors, looking into getting some DBA rotors to pair with these and really hit them Axxis Ultimates FTW!

try http://www.importpartspro.com/axulfbrpabrn.html extremely quick shipping(im in TN and get my orders in 2 days), no hassle, great guy to order parts from!

GREAT INFO!!! I didn't even push my brakes hard on the dragon this year because I had already experienced serious brake fade issues with the HPS on back roads
Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
35Z

Default Hawk vs Axxis Brake Pads

Is this thrend only about the specified two brake pads (Hawk HPS & Axxiss Ultimate) from these two manufactures?

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
I second this, I took my hawk HPS up US 129, to see what everyone was talking about with this "amazing" pad, and felt like they were not working after about 5 mins, great pads for daily driving but not worth it at all once they got put to the test. +1!

If not, why not create a post on the brake pad material, friction material, heat rating, wear longevity, design useage, price, etc.

Last edited by 35Z; 06-04-2008 at 06:31 PM.