Old 04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
HiHo_Silver350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice drop Changvi
Old 04-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Korki Buchek

Z1,

If you don't mind giving free advice, I have a question about what setup I should run. I daily drive and run mountain roads on weekends. I don't want to lose too much ride quality, but I'd also like improved cornering, etc. Cost is also somewhat of an issue.

I am thinking of running lighter 19's (or maybe 18's) with either Falken Tires or Nitto 555. Is there something better you can suggest.

Also, should I look for adjustable sways (like the Stillens). The adjustable ones I've seen don't have that much stiffness, so I wonder if that will also be a problem.

Regarding the Koni sets that you have available, do they come with springs or do you need a set of springs as well? If so, what one would you suggest? Also, do you suggest these for a daily driver or is there something else I should look into?

If I am trying to do the whole thing at once, is this bad? Is there a benefit to doing the parts one by one? Or is it better to get a whole setup so that you can be sure the parts match. For instance, I don't want to get sways and then find out that they don't work with the coilover's that are best for what I'm doing.

I guess, the overall question is what setup would you suggest for daily/weekend driving? I think this is what a lot of people here are looking for, but just doing it wrong because they jump straight into coilovers.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the first thing you need to decide is an overall budget, and from there, recommendations are easier to make.

I've got no experience with either Falken or Nitto tires in a 19 inch, so I'm afraid I cannot be of much help there

As far as sways, its about getting a sway bar set that can play well with the rest of your set. More adjustable is not always better (for example I have Cusco sways, which are "only" 2 way adjustable up front, and not adjustable at all out back, and I could not ask for anything more as the car does exactly what I want). They are also incredibly stiff, as they are solid bars.

Koni's are sold without springs - they deal well with a wide variety, so the overall drop you want has a lot to do with the ideal, on a case by case basis.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Korki Buchek

What tires would you suggest?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
MoodDude

You live in LA so it never rains, if I where you I would buy the 615's. Best dry handling tire that you can buy that is not an R-Compound. Plus, they are really inexpensive!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Korki Buchek

It rains... about once a week for a month and half. In fact, it rained yesterday. But I'll look into those definitely.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
What tires would you suggest?
tires are a very subjective thing I find

RT615's (I just took them off my car) were very nice, wet or dry, never had any issues. I would not go so far as to say they are the grippiest non R compound, but they are close, and for the price, are a great great tire. Only downside is very limited sizing. They do not come in 19 inch though

I'm currently running RE050A on my own car (19's) for the street - to date, the best tire I've run on my Z, regardless of size. They combine all the best attributes I want...great dry traction, very very quiet, excellent in the wet too. Just not cheap unfortunately. For the track, I run r compounds (18's)