Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Hello MY350Z.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:59 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTSPEC, I have all your braces minus the 4 point ladder brace. I'm running the tanabe front 4 point brace as well. I have an '03 and have only put off getting the ladder brace since I've heard that its a direct bolt on only for the later years. What does it take to mount the ladder brace on an '03?
Old 03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gt Spec Parts

I run alot of GT SPEC parts on our TIME ATTACK race cars and I am looking forward to running the wing and some other upcomming GT SPEC parts in this years Redline Time Attack.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
GTSPEC, I have all your braces minus the 4 point ladder brace. I'm running the tanabe front 4 point brace as well. I have an '03 and have only put off getting the ladder brace since I've heard that its a direct bolt on only for the later years. What does it take to mount the ladder brace on an '03?
some Z's have the rear mounting holes, some don't - for those that don't, drilling is needed, but it's quite easy to do. Other than that, the brace comes with all the required hardware.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:06 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, so its just drilling holes? Lol, I thought the mounting points weren't there in the 03's, or something major.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Z33_SPL

Good to see more manufacturers sponsor this site. Is Jack Yi still working with you guys? If so, tell him Lil Rich from Jersey said what's up.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:16 AM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

Yes we have created a strut tower bar made completely out of dry carbon fiber. It weighs only 3 pounds yet 3 employees can stand on it without the bar giving any noticable signs of flex. We are aslo working on redeigning out rear lateral bar to incorporate mounting points for the AAM type 2 fuel system. By forcing some of our potential customers to choose between a fuel system or bracing for their high HP Z we know we know what the logical choice would be. Our goal is to re-release every one of our products to accomidate all of the afternmarket options available including plenums and exhausts. For G owners we are soon going to release our dry carbon strut bar that incorporates both a master cylander and engine dampener.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
some Z's have the rear mounting holes, some don't - for those that don't, drilling is needed, but it's quite easy to do. Other than that, the brace comes with all the required hardware.
Z1- didnt see any GT Spec products on your page
Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you must be looking at the wrong site

www.z1auto.com
Old 03-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
you must be looking at the wrong site

www.z1auto.com
Order placed. Looks like I cant use the lateral brace with my NISMO exhaust.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey can you guys also make a lateral bar to fit the single exhaust guys? It only fits duals right now and it would be awesome if it would fit singles as well.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 11:36 AM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

We have taken the fact that almost no two cars identical to heart and have invested quite a bit for the Version 2 bars that will be available at dealers soon. It is our goal to release our Version 2 line of braces with a truly universal fitmet in mind. Soon enough all of our bars will work with just about any(exhaust, lowering, plenum, FI and etc) MOD that can be done to our 350Zs.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSPEC
We have taken the fact that almost no two cars identical to heart and have invested quite a bit for the Version 2 bars that will be available at dealers soon. It is our goal to release our Version 2 line of braces with a truly universal fitmet in mind. Soon enough all of our bars will work with just about any(exhaust, lowering, plenum, FI and etc) MOD that can be done to our 350Zs.
Thank you.

BTW GT Spec parts are top notch, thanks again for making a quality product that performs flawlessly.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
z-u-later

Just ordered the GT SPEC mid-chassis brace from Z1. It should arrive on Monday. Once installed, I'll have all the GT SPEC braces made for the Z. Can't wait to see the difference in handling in next month's auto-x.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:58 AM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

Everybody! Thank you for your support. It is for this reason why we continue to design and implement parts for the 350Z. Without support from communities such as this one there is simply no resources available to always cater to the suggestions and design the parts YOU want. Once again Thank You, and it's spelled GTSPEC
Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Barzten1

Which one is the mid chassis brace (pics)? Can I use this with my NISMO exhaust?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

The MID-Chassis Brace will certainly work with your NISMO exhaust without any issues. The know issues we are addressing are the 1088 (rear lower brace) not fitting with dual 3" exhausts, the 1086(front lower tie brace) not fitting safely with cars with spacers added to the oil pan and the Mid-Chassis brace scraping on extremely lowered cars. We constantly support the industry by purchasing and installing various modifications to our test vehicles so that the problems will be addressed in-house rather than during your installation. With the exception of the issues listed above everything else fits and functions perfectly. Our Version 2 bars will address and be a solution to these known issues as well as others we foresee being obstacles.

Please not that the color used in the photo is our old color scheme.

Our new color is iridescent and changes from dark grey to blue depending on the angle in which it is viewed.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Barzten1

Does that basically replace the V shaped brace that comes stock in the Z? How much does it weigh or in comparison. Sorry for all the questions. I ordered the front/rear tie bar brace and want to add more if I can. I've heard nothing but good things about your product
Old 03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

Our entire set of braces (exlucing the weight savings of swapping out your stock strut tower bar for either an aluminum or dry carbon one) weigh less than 16 pounds combined. We designed the mid-chassis brace for additional reinforcement and did so with the stock brace installed. I would recommend leaving it installed unless you are participating in a motorsport that requires your car to weigh as little as possible in order to remain competitive.

Please, ask as many questions as you would like. That is exactly why we joined this board.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:14 AM
thinking

Originally Posted by GTSPEC
The MID-Chassis Brace will certainly work with your NISMO exhaust without any issues. The know issues we are addressing are the 1088 (rear lower brace) not fitting with dual 3" exhausts, the 1086(front lower tie brace) not fitting safely with cars with spacers added to the oil pan and the Mid-Chassis brace scraping on extremely lowered cars. We constantly support the industry by purchasing and installing various modifications to our test vehicles so that the problems will be addressed in-house rather than during your installation. With the exception of the issues listed above everything else fits and functions perfectly. Our Version 2 bars will address and be a solution to these known issues as well as others we foresee being obstacles.

Please not that the color used in the photo is our old color scheme.

Our new color is iridescent and changes from dark grey to blue depending on the angle in which it is viewed.
Does this use plastic tabs & plastic bolts to mount at certain locations?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

It would be awesome if the rear under body braces cleared most of the aftermarket dual exhausts. I have the FastIntentions true dual on my 04 G35 coupe and was going to go with the rear underbody and lateral braces till I found out that there is a conflict...

EDIT: Just saw post above re: version 2 of these bars. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for supporting the G/Z!

Last edited by rcdash; 09-08-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Hello MY350Z.com