Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

True Coilover set with Toe Bolts

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007 | 08:18 AM
Checkmate58

Default True Coilover set with Toe Bolts

I have a true coilover setup meaning that I do not have a spring in the rear stock cup. It also means that I can remove that cup since it serves no purpose.

The question is, can I leave the stock spring cup there and install a toe bolt (ie. SPC toe bolt) to adjust the toe settings? Logically I think I should be able to but what has changed is that there is no longer pressure going up and down in the area because there is no longer a spring there. Does this change the dynamics for adjusting toe?

--Sam
Old 04-20-2007 | 08:23 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto
Premier Member

Yes, it doesn't matter if the spring is there or not, it is acting as an arm, just happens to have a spring "mount" built in. Or you could get some battleversion or jic arms.
Old 04-20-2007 | 09:08 AM
Checkmate58

The battleversion rear arms and toe arms look awesome. I just can't justify spending $550+ when the same thing can be done for under 200 dollars (SPC kit). It also seems that people on this forum who have used a combo of rear camber arms+toe arms have converted over to using the SPC kit.

I have also seen that companies that offer toe arms such as kinetix have said that if you car is lowered more then 2", toe cannot be corrected without modification (batterversion does have extended toe arms). I'm thinking logically that they will give you the same instructions that SPC has to further provide toe correction. I mean this as in widening the area where the arm connects to the bolt.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--Sam
Old 04-20-2007 | 09:31 AM
daytona350z

Originally Posted by Checkmate58
The battleversion rear arms and toe arms look awesome. I just can't justify spending $550+ when the same thing can be done for under 200 dollars (SPC kit). It also seems that people on this forum who have used a combo of rear camber arms+toe arms have converted over to using the SPC kit.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--Sam
the advantage to the battleversion or jic arms is that they are solid spherical bearings. meaning that there is no slop at all in the suspension components. a very big improvement over the spc or other rear toe adjustments.
Old 04-20-2007 | 10:04 AM
Checkmate58

I appreciate all the input. This is definitely good. I've searched threads regarding the comparison of rear camber arms/toe arms to quite an extent. It seems like the answers become diluted or switched over to the discussion of front camber arms.

This is definitely a good discussion and more people with rear arms/toe arms should chime in. Also people with the SPC rear kit should share their opinions. Input should include from both users about the easiness of adjustibility for shops, how low their car is, and how close it comes to stock specs.

Thanks again everyone.

--Sam
Old 04-20-2007 | 07:15 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by daytona350z
the advantage to the battleversion or jic arms is that they are solid spherical bearings. meaning that there is no slop at all in the suspension components. a very big improvement over the spc or other rear toe adjustments.
As much as I don't care for the idea of running the springs on the rear dampners in the absense of a sperical lower shock mount bushing, I agree with the idea of killing off the bushing compliance in the lower control arm.
Old 05-17-2007 | 08:42 AM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
As much as I don't care for the idea of running the springs on the rear dampners in the absense of a sperical lower shock mount bushing, I agree with the idea of killing off the bushing compliance in the lower control arm.
will the lower shock mount handle the forces of a true coilover setup?