Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

KSPORT Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:03 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jadaniya
can anyone that actually HAS these coilovers for the 350 chime in?
sup?.....op here...

hey. your car looks nice with this drop. I just bought these coilovers for myself. I have a question for you: with these coilovers do you have to put the springs in the oem spot in the rear? or do you just take out the oem spring in the rear and slap on the shock/spring? can someone please shed some light on this for me. cuz the ksport springs for the rear look super small. help will be greatly appreciated.

rear is just ksport, yes they are short in length during shipping. Turn them to make them longer and then install, at stock length the car will be really low.... nothing goes in back in oem spring location.....remove oem rear spring.

-j

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 12-30-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Zilvia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk...???
Old 12-30-2007, 11:13 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

can anyone that actually HAS these coilovers for the 350 chime in?
Installed them on a customers 350Z and had that car around (driving it) for a while. Like I posted, I feel it is a very unbalanced spring vs. shock valving coilover, with the wrong threaded bodied lengths, and valving, rough, uncontrolled ride, etc. I could go on but I am being nice. I can not speak for their products on other cars, but for the Z it apears that they did not do enough R&D.

This is just my unbiased expert opinion. I can sell them along with any other coilover that you can think of, I just do not recomend them over most (any) other coilover readily on the market today for this aplication.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Zilvia

scott all of their kits are pretty much the same

i wouldn't recommend them to any one with a good car. ( aka only cheap *** tuners should buy these). Like i said they are a good start coilover...for a crap car. ( )
Old 12-31-2007, 01:37 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the D2 coilovers which are the same coilover stamped with a differen't brand.

One of them started leaking within a few months. The rears couldn't be set below stock ride height at their lowest setting. They had to be modified. The spring rates are 15K/13K. The ride is just about unbearable.

They do handle well on the track. When set full hard the valving is appropriate for the spring rate. But the ride is super stiff.

JET
Old 12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Zilvia

yep......

one of my friends swears up and down the D2 aren't Ksports......and that Ksports suck. He just wont believe me that they are the same.......
Old 12-31-2007, 01:27 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Installed them on a customers 350Z and had that car around (driving it) for a while. Like I posted, I feel it is a very unbalanced spring vs. shock valving coilover, with the wrong threaded bodied lengths, and valving, rough, uncontrolled ride, etc. I could go on but I am being nice. I can not speak for their products on other cars, but for the Z it apears that they did not do enough R&D.

This is just my unbiased expert opinion. I can sell them along with any other coilover that you can think of, I just do not recomend them over most (any) other coilover readily on the market today for this aplication.
What coilovers do you suggest in a simular price range ?
Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by booger
What coilovers do you suggest in a simular price range ?
Stance, BC Racing, and Megan Racing are at the top of my list (for street and track) in this price range.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Stance, BC Racing, and Megan Racing are at the top of my list (for street and track) in this price range.
THX !!!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Zilvia

idk Megans aren't to much better than Ksport....but i've never rode in a z with megans, maybe they are better than the 240 ones..
Old 12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Zilvia
idk Megans aren't to much better than Ksport....but i've never rode in a z with megans, maybe they are better than the 240 ones..
Thats cool that you don't know.

But, FYI Not a lot of people know, but the Megan Racing coilovers for the Z are made by BC Racing (the parent company). I have them on my daily driver 350Z as we speak. It realy is quality stuff at a great price. We also just got done doing a track review test on them. To my surprise (and many others) they are ALOT better than a majority of the more expensive brand name coilovers that I have tried on this same car.

Now the S-13 and S-14's are a different car, and a whole different story. I will be doing a bunch more coilover tests on the 240SX S-14 chassis here comming up (my new project car)

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 01-01-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Zilvia

yea i know on the 240sx they aren't that great, but they are better than the Ksports

but does no good to me know....from here on out each of my cars will use good coilovers the 1st time..no more cheapies.

keep us up to date on the S14 project.....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Megan coilovers for the 350Z should be avoided, as should most other cheap coilovers where underdampning is served as the receipe to give the unknowing a so called smooth or better then stock ride quality.

A couple of years ago I got a PM from someone that wanted me to test them and write a review, the importer wanted to get a set out their for review. I learned a couple of things in the whole ordeal. 1). Never accept offers for stuff where someone wants a review as repayment, they might not like it if you don't love the product. 2). I could never own a or run a store front that sold suspensions because I'm sure that the stuff that actually works doen't have good margins, I could never push garbage on other owners for the sake of making a buck. And then to add in review's by people that have no clue what good or bad behavior is and it's a fight I wouldn't want to engage in for a living. 3). I learned that my first thoughts about the product were correct. Not enough time was spent in the R&D oven or the oem maker can't deliver the right internals to deliver proper control dynamics no matter how much R&D time is spend. They were whofully underdampned and over sprung with poor low and high speed control. Running them in the last 6 clicks of their adjustment range was the only way to get some sort of decent control but this ment that low speed control ended up being too much and overall they still performed very poorly. I sold them, but not before buying softer front springs from BC. With the softer springs on the front, they did behave better at least to the point that I felt I could resell them.

Originally Posted by Glex25
Surprised no one has mentioned BC racing.

Everyone seems to be raving about them lately and only cost 1K.

Dampening and height adjustment

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I've used them a few times now, and they are certainly worthy of consideration for a budget oriented setup, but they in no way compare to the Cusco Zero 2, HKS RS and others mentioned in terms of their valving, especially when it comes to running grippier tires, where I found the BC to be underdampened.

As with anything else, it all depends on your uses for the car

Last edited by Gsedan35; 04-20-2008 at 10:52 PM.