Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

OE Big Brake Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
twitch579

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OE Big Brake Kit?

Are these for real? Does it really increase rotor size? I searched and couldnt find anything.

Seems to good to be true, getting a bigger rotor and better stopping power just from a bracket??

http://www.racingbrake.com/350Z_non_...2070-141-0.htm
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
ggrjr

Thy are for real. I am running a set front and rear on my G. I could definitely feel a difference when, I installed. Not a huge difference, about the same difference I saw when I went to Stainless lines. It gives a longer torque arm increasing braking affect, larger rotors will disipate heat, better. Finally you can purchase the 4 piston claipers later to use with the front rotors, thus spreading teh cost out somewhat. I will be getting the 4 pots shortly.

Last edited by ggrjr; 02-03-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
InZomniac

If anyone is considering this look at http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1108 It offers so much more for the money. I have driven it and am VERY impressed for the price.

Last edited by InZomniac; 02-03-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

for the love of god, please at least go with the willwood front kit off fastbrakes.com for $995.00 instead of that thing.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
sdoow

Racingbrake OE caliper BBK has been widely accepted in Acura/NSX, Subaru/WRX, Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 and other communities.

They represent the best value in brake upgrade with affordable pricing. Quite a few of our OE BBK customers bring their cars to race tracks with such a solid performance that can outperform some of those expensive aluminum calipers kits that cost thousands of dollars from those name brands let alone those piece together from difference sources.

Please learn how our OE caliper BBK are built different from others.
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/main/oe...it_compare.asp

Another major advantage of keeping OE calipers is that not only it retains the OE system integrity, saves your initial cost but also save you trouble and big expense in sourcing those non-stanard brake pads that come with these kits - A lot of people fail to realize these hidden gimmick until they have to replace the pads.

Please email or PM us if you have any questions about your brake upgrades.

Thank you.
info@racingbrake.com
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdoow
Racingbrake OE caliper BBK has been widely accepted in Acura/NSX, Subaru/WRX, Nissan 350Z/Infiniti G35 and other communities.

They represent the best value in brake upgrade with affordable pricing. Quite a few of our OE BBK customers bring their cars to race tracks with such a solid performance that can outperform some of those expensive aluminum calipers kits that cost thousands of dollars from those name brands let alone those piece together from difference sources.

Please learn how our OE caliper BBK are built different from others.
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/main/oe...it_compare.asp

Another major advantage of keeping OE calipers is that not only it retains the OE system integrity, saves your initial cost but also save you trouble and big expense in sourcing those non-stanard brake pads that come with these kits - A lot of people fail to realize these hidden gimmick until they have to replace the pads.

Please email or PM us if you have any questions about your brake upgrades.

Thank you.
info@racingbrake.com
You should sign up as a vendor, that way your words will be heard and it will benefit the community more. Not to mention you will probly get a lot of business.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 AM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is true that some BBK's have very limited pad selection but some of the very popular ones such as StopTech, AP, and Brembo have a wide variety of pad selection. So I wouldn't really say that is an advantage with an OE caliper BBK. The main reason people buy these kits is because of cheaper initial costs. Also, most of the time you won't have to get new wheels to clear the calipers.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by InZomniac
If anyone is considering this look at http://fastbrakes.com/shop/product_i...oducts_id=1108 It offers so much more for the money. I have driven it and am VERY impressed for the price.

Are they saying you had to have Brembos for this kit to work or that the rotors are the same size as the factory Brembos? If so they aren't even 13" are they? How big is the factory Brembo's?

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 02-05-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
na_350z

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Are they saying you had to have Brembos for this kit to work or that the rotors are the same size as the factory Brembos? If so they aren't even 13" are they? How big is the factory Brembo's?

I asked the same question and this is the response that I got from Fastbrakes.

"The 350z uses the same spindle on both Brembo and non Brembo equipped
vehicles. All parts in the Wilwood kits fit both versions."

This was my initial question.
For the 350Z brake kit for the fronts is it possible to install the wilwood
calipers if the car came without factory brembo\'s?

Or does the car have to come with the factory brembo\'s to install this kit?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM
ggrjr

Here is my G with the 4 piston caliper upgrades.

before new calipers, or paint

Painted Stock

Four pot without Wheel

Completely assembled with wheel.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:22 PM
KAZ350Z

Does anyone own the willwoods? If so please post pics and your opinion
Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by KAZ350Z
Does anyone own the willwoods? If so please post pics and your opinion
My pics are in the show your BBK thread. Opinion, just as good as an RB BBK or any other.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 AM
InZomniac

Sorry guys just saw this. WHat the fastbrakes site is trying to say is that it is a kit for all 350Zs (brembo and non alike) that makes use of brembo rotors. The kit comes with the rotors so even non brembo guys are set.

Basically another way to say it is: it is a BBK that uses brembo rotors.

I have driven Zs with this and other Fastbrakes kits and they are very impressive. On the shops old drift car we had this kit with the racing compund pads and the stopping power was insane. Definately too much for the street, so we had to downgrade the pads and it still was very impressive. Stops much faster than factory brembos even with the standard hawk street pads.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 PM
creationv2

O_O why dont they just sell the brackets....anyone know where you can get just the bracket portion? so you can use whatever rotor company you want?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,079 Likes on 971 Posts

RB makes quality products and has come out with a great design and inexpensive solution to better braking.

Not sure if you would want just the brackets as IMHO the 13.1" rotor doesn't seem standard. Don't know if they use the same rotor hat offsets of the other makers.

Position: FRONT
Size: 332x24mm (13.1" x 0.9")
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
ggrjr

RacingBrake is pretty protective over their products/ customers. In order to purchase the 4 piston upgrade for my existing OE bbk, I had to give them the original invoice number from my BBK. Also rotors can vary by company, as far as offset from the mounting flange to the center of the rotor.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:22 PM
creationv2

ah...idk jsut wanted to know about the rear setup, cuz im getting a front bbk, and wanted to see what options their were for the rear instead of just having to buy a bbk as weell for the rear. i mainly want a bigger rotor to be a little closer to size from the fronts im getting.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
gregom

This looks really good I may end up doing this... Can you get those rotors in slotted only? BWT ggrjr what size wheels you running in those pics? And where did you get the 4pots?
Old 04-26-2008, 03:43 AM
ggrjr

The OE BBK from Racing Brake comes with 13 inch rotors. Seversl peopl are runnig the OE BBK rear with some type of ront multi piston BBK. That is what I have, the RB 4 piston BBK, and rear OE BBK. Gregom the OE BBK is available is several configurations, including slotted, as well as with one and two piece rotors. I am running 18 inch 350Z track wheels, and I purchased everything directly from Racing Brake.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Default.asp

Advanced racing technology also seels RB stuff, as well as others, and has great prices on lines.

http://www.advancedracetechnology.net/
Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 AM
ZackMax99

Looking at the kit. it looks well engineered not to mention you can get 2 piece rotors which will save you a little weight

Quick Reply: OE Big Brake Kit?