Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Technafit R&D leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welp, the vendor still has yet to refund me, or send me replacement ST lines. Seems I am being put on the back burner. Even though this vendor says they are doing everything they can. I won't have them for my PCA event in 2 weeks installed by then. So it's not looking good. He told me as soon as I gave him the Tracking # of them being shipped back, he would ship me the new ones. He hasn't done so yet and this was on Saturday.

Not sure what else I can do. I have waited like 2 weeks now?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:26 AM
thinking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Vendors name?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Welp, the vendor still has yet to refund me, or send me replacement ST lines. Seems I am being put on the back burner. Even though this vendor says they are doing everything they can. I won't have them for my PCA event in 2 weeks installed by then. So it's not looking good. He told me as soon as I gave him the Tracking # of them being shipped back, he would ship me the new ones. He hasn't done so yet and this was on Saturday.

that's really suck bro..
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Axelerate

I had two set's of SS lines not work on my Brembo's from two different manufacturers. I finally went with Stop Tech and everything fit and works great.

I wish I would of went with them in the first place.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 AM
mdracer76
Banned

out the vendor.. maybe we can pressure him
Old 06-12-2008, 11:06 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

After almost 3 weeks, I finally received my replacement lines from them. I got the new Stoptechs and you can obviously tell the quality difference between them. I will have to find time to install these but just too busy this month.

I want to annouce the vendor. It was Import Image. Josh is a stand up guy and did his best to solve my problem. He was the middle man trying to get technafit to take them back and refund his money, then he could send me the stoptechs. Wish it didn't take this long since I wanted them installed for this weekends PCA event, but I will live.

Anyways, thank you Josh for all your hard work. If anyone wants a good vendor, he is the one to go with!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
1cockyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is next time let someone else work on your car. If you did any research on ss lines and brembo's for this car you would have read all the complaints about hardware not fitting correctly from almost all of the ss line manufacturers. All you needed to do to avoid the whole issue was spend less than $1 on two more copper crush washers and put them on the caliper side of the line and it would have worked perfectly fine. I had the same problem with the fitment but used a little common sense. The torque spec for brake lines is only 11-17 lb ft and you snapped the bolt.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ
I just read this whole thread and all I have to say is next time let someone else work on your car. If you did any research on ss lines and brembo's for this car you would have read all the complaints about hardware not fitting correctly from almost all of the ss line manufacturers. All you needed to do to avoid the whole issue was spend less than $1 on two more copper crush washers and put them on the caliper side of the line and it would have worked perfectly fine. I had the same problem with the fitment but used a little common sense. The torque spec for brake lines is only 11-17 lb ft and you snapped the bolt.
Hmm actually I have done a ton of research on this and have read many not having issues with technafit but obviously this was on non-brembo cars. I have installed many SS lines on cars and never had a issue regarding this. The one other car a friend had and he took it to a installer who had issues and it was on a 350z with some cheap lines (forget the brand) from Z1, the bolts were too long, and guess what, he did the double cooper washer thing and the brakes leaked! Car wasn't driveable for a few weaks till they sent the stoptech lines as a replacement. I installed those and they worked like a champ.

Sorry but I don't do cheap fixes like that especially since I track the car. The line should have been perfect from the start. Yep, the bolt snapped with a small rachet, yea a lot of force was put on it. Hardly any force was put on it. The bolts are soft metal.

Sorry but like I said, I have installed other brand SS lines and never had this issue. Stoptechs are definitely better quality lines.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 06-12-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
=Cerberus=

I hate to dig up an old thread but I had exactly the same problem. I had to put two crush washers on each side of the Banjo fitting for it to tighten up enough to stop bleeding all over the place.

These were going into Brembo Calipers.

Also they were purchased from a reputable vendor here on the site. I will be letting them know so they can check their inventory for bad product.

Last edited by =Cerberus=; 03-28-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I feel compelled to update and ensure that everyone gets their answers in their searches...

Two crush washers - though most likely may never be a problem is NOT a "correct" fix.
what you choose to do with your car, is your choice, but definitely not common practice .

The banjo bolt length is critical and stoptech distributers sell banjo bolt p/n 41.699.2331S for about 6.50 each.

its a banjo bolt that is M10x1.0x18.75mm length.
The 18.75 MM length is what is critical. so it doesn't bottom.

-J
Old 09-22-2010, 05:13 AM
idrive_MD

I went through TH-Motorsports and they steered me away from the technafits and Russel lines. They instead told me about the fluid transfer lines and how great they were for the price. Decided to go with them and the shop had a similar problem, but the leak was at the hardline mount and not the caliper. The shop had to really torque them down to stop the leak. I haven't had any issues with them since install or my lapping sessions from the summer, so fingers are crossed.

Last edited by idrive_MD; 09-24-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Chris_B

Originally Posted by idrive_MD
I went through TH-Motorsports and they steered me away from the technafits and goodridge lines. They instead told me about the fluid transfer lines and how great they were for the price. Decided to go with them and the shop had a similar problem, but the leak was at the hardline mount and not the caliper. The shop had to really torque them down to stop the leak. I haven't had any issues with them since install or my lapping sessions from the summer, so fingers are crossed.
I can't think of a single technical reason why anyone would steer a person away from Goodridge lines, the world's leading manufacturer of such equipment. TÜV-certified, DOT-compliant and with many OE contracts (very high quality standards), I don't know of anyone making better equipment as a factory upgrade. While no one company is ever perfect, there are very few customer complaints on Goodridge products. The few I have seen have been handled in a remarkably swift and smooth fashion.

They may cost slightly more than some other stuff out there, but the engineering and testing that goes into them is category-leading. Be very careful of some of the copycat import stuff being sold on eBay and the like. I've looked at several of them up close and found a lot to be complete junk. You just cannot justify saving $20 or so when you are talking about brakes, the primary safety system on any vehicle.

Chris
Old 09-24-2010, 12:52 PM
idrive_MD

Originally Posted by Chris_B
I can't think of a single technical reason why anyone would steer a person away from Goodridge lines, the world's leading manufacturer of such equipment.

Chris
I mesed up, it was late when I posted that...I meant Russel lines, not goodridge. Sorry about that. The mix up didnt occur to me until you posted and made me think about it more. I fixed my post.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Chris_B

Originally Posted by idrive_MD
I mesed up, it was late when I posted that...I meant Russel lines, not goodridge. Sorry about that. The mix up didnt occur to me until you posted and made me think about it more. I fixed my post.
OK, understood!