Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vanos... beat me to it...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:49 AM
_STEVEO_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1+1=2. Big Brakes WITH good tires (which is what most enthusiasts already have) will in turn provide better braking than STOCK. Not rocket science. Wow, and I saved a whole 5 paragraphs. OP, just upgrade, get the Brembos and lets call it a day. Whew... Glad I got that out of the way. Time to go get a beer.

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 09-07-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
polish pete

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
stock brembos do not stop any better than standard brakes, but they resist fading significantly better. Since you say you plan to do track days, you would benefit greatly from brembos.
you obviously have never driven a car with reg brakes for a while then swapped to brembos, because my brembos are superior to my old 2 piston fronts. tires are deff a limiting factor though.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
1+1=2. Big Brakes WITH good tires (which is what most enthusiasts already have) will in turn provide better braking than STOCK. Not rocket science. Wow, and I saved a whole 5 paragraphs.
Just physics, something you just showed you no nothing about. Your statesment is semi true, but on the roadcourse. Street driving the stock 03 to 05 the smallest of stock brakes work just fine and will stop your car just as fast as a BBK equiped car. The only time this would be changed is if you were to install a nice set of steel 22's and were doing stops from speeds high enough to heat them up to the point of fade. Please don't answer technical questions, if you have no clue on the correct answer.

Last edited by terrasmak; 09-09-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Just physics, something you just showed you no nothing about. Your statesment is semi true, but on the roadcourse. Street driving the stock 03 to 05 the smallest of stock brakes work just fine and will stop your car just as fast as a BBK equiped car. The only time this would be changed is if you were to install a nice set of steel 22's and were foing stops from speeds high enough to heat them up to the point of fade. Please don't answer technical questions, if you have no clue on the correct answer.

Hey OP, I was simply implying that BBK's are going to give you optimum results over stock/factory brakes while undergoing rigorous driving (track/street/up your *** etc...) and well hey, it wouldn't hurt to have some good rubber in conjunction with which is your true money maker in regards to sufficient braking. Perhaps this went over your peanut of a head and was too hard for you to comprehend hence your lack of spelling capabilities to include being able to successfully write a paragraph that made the least bit of sense. Now since I am the nice guy that I am, I have attached a helpful link fo yo sorry a s s... Till next time princess...

http://hooked-on-phonics.com/hooked-...TOKEN=42877011

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 09-09-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Pach

Originally Posted by Chaser720
So your saying this
Stops as well as this
And the 7K or so is just for looks...
Unless you are tracking your car, a good set of aggressive pads on stock brakes will do fine. A fixed caliper like the brembo, of course is going to have a better brake feel and less pad knock back..

You would be surprised how far brake cooling, good fluid, and race pads can get you.

Stoptechs do kick ***, and if you had to do repeated 100 to 30 mph brakings it will be much better than stock, but for the first stop, not so much..
Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Hey OP, I was simply implying that BBK's are going to give you optimum results over stock/factory brakes while undergoing rigorous driving (track/street/up your *** etc...) and well hey, it wouldn't hurt to have some good rubber in conjunction with which is your true money maker in regards to sufficient braking. Perhaps this went over your peanut of a head and was too hard for you to comprehend hence your lack of spelling capabilities to include being able to successfully write a paragraph that made the least bit of sense. Now sense I am the nice guy that I am, I have attached a helpful link fo yo sorry a s s... Till next time princess...

One misspelled word cause i fat fingered a key.

Does this make more since " blow me" < did i spell that properly
Old 09-09-2008, 07:28 AM
WTX350Z

I want Brembos.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 AM
_STEVEO_01

(

Heyyyyy.... it's my little friend again.... How's the hooked on phonics comin' along buddy??? Apparently not well, "since" is supposed to be "sense", but ya meant to put that huh??? You would like that huh ya sick bi.tch. Since when do dudes go around saying this sh.it to other guys, unless you are a bi.tch and it's that time of the month for you, which would make more "sense"... Hey OP, make it a point to go out today and get some LADY ***. You seem to be in some real need of that... Then you won't be so uptight... If you need some pointers, hit me back, Im sure I can hook you up from here. At this point the only thing going for you is the Z33. Good luck in your search chump...

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 09-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 AM
WTX350Z

Wow, Brembo's sure are pretty.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Hook it up Bro, Cholos is tha sh.it...
Personal epxeriences go a long way
TRUE DAT. 808
open it up atleast once
I wouldn't of ditched the Z tho for it
That's what I have been told repeadetly
Looking at some of your other posts, obviously this didn't work for you.

Last edited by terrasmak; 09-09-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:50 AM
_STEVEO_01

^^^ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one OP. Best one yet. Your good. No really... No really............ yea.............

Last edited by _STEVEO_01; 09-09-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Makotoseven
hey guys i've been looking around and thinking of picking up a good used 04-05 Z 6spd (in the DFW area if anyone is selling). what i want is just a good car i can throw coilovers and wheels on and just have a goood solid NA daily driver/track car.

so my question is: how superior are the brembo stockers vs the base model brakes (with maybe some good pads and rotors)?
braking distance: Brembo stops about a few feet earlier (not more than 5).
heat stability: Brembo is significantly more adept at managing heat.

Brembo's weakness: oem pads, fluid, rubber lines aren't good enough if you're planning to track your car hard.

my suggestion is:
get a Z with Brembos on, then upgrade the lines to SS braided, racing fluid, get track pads. (my 3 month old oem pads got toasted only within 1 track evening - 3 x 20 mins per session)

hope this helps!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

brakes are a very expensive option, you'll regret not having them. that being said, I have the stock normal brakes and I deal, but I'm just a daily driver, they are fine to me..
Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

If you do start with Brembo's and track you car often. You will be $1300 closer to a nice BBK when you sell them.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:29 AM
WTX350Z

Would be interesting to see a comparison of Brembo car and reg brake car w/ brake ducts...as far as fade, and stopping distances go.

guys w/ reg brakes do you notice a difference with stainless lines? I've never seen proof they do much for a street car that isn't seeing high high temps. so makes me wonder if a fairly new car w/ new(ish) rubber lines will benefit from stainless. (ignoring long term benefits)
Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
Would be interesting to see a comparison of Brembo car and reg brake car w/ brake ducts...as far as fade, and stopping distances go.

guys w/ reg brakes do you notice a difference with stainless lines? I've never seen proof they do much for a street car that isn't seeing high high temps. so makes me wonder if a fairly new car w/ new(ish) rubber lines will benefit from stainless. (ignoring long term benefits)
First are we talking about on 06 or newer or <05? I'll go with 06 , cause 05 and older i don't think ducts could help.

Ok 06 with ducts vs stock brembo's we can only speculate. All things the same (tires, pads ) may be close. The 06 brakes arn't really to bad at all.

Stopping distance, normal street driving with same pads and tires will be the same. Stopping distance while hot , we go back to the speculation thing.

Brake lines, all rubber lines have flex. New or old, some just more than others. If you don't believe me, grab the line and have someone hit the brakes. You will always get a firmer pedal, but it may not be noticable, buts its there. Last thing to consider, track us with rubber lines. They tend to fail because of the heat they are subjected to from the rotors.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Greg06

Hey OP, I was simply implying that BBK's are going to give you optimum results over stock/factory brakes while undergoing rigorous driving (track/street/up your *** etc...) and well hey, it wouldn't hurt to have some good rubber in conjunction with which is your true money maker in regards to sufficient braking. Perhaps this went over your peanut of a head and was too hard for you to comprehend hence your lack of spelling capabilities to include being able to successfully write a paragraph that made the least bit of sense. Now since I am the nice guy that I am, I have attached a helpful link fo yo sorry a s s... Till next time princess...

Still trollin eh?

EH! braddah! Why everytime you make stink wit all the kane's? How come so angry? Wat nobody to go cruise waikiki wit? No wahine's fo talk to? I dont know bra. Like I said befo you sound mahoo dude. Sure you no hangout at Hamburger Mary's?

Calm down braddah no make la dat k? Jus wipe da hanabudda from your face and go eat one zip pac.

Mahalo and paddle home safely.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
craigo'sznprgrs

If I had it to do over again, I would be in a Track model
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Greg06

Just Ignore list that kid.. He's not worth getting banned over.

Quick Reply: 350Z - with or without brembos