Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dominic (From Endless) Funny Post 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the depth of guns that you do obviously. I would like to learn to shoot just so I can target practice once every couple of months. But, I would probably never get truely engaged in it.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
It really can't be explained. You have to get out their on the track and eveything will become clear. I track my car bout every 6 weeks and I invite numerous people here on the forums and other friends and no one EVAR shows up. I invite them so that maybe, at least some of them, will get the point of what this hobby is all about.

At the track you can buy a $20 ride band and ride with anyone that will take you. Just ask and most will let you. At least experience the sport before deciding not to take part in it.

The best car show in the world is the track. You see so many unreal cars and watch them run on the track and then see the car in the pits. Last time I was there there was an ENZO, a GT-R, a Ford GT, and so many Ferraris and Porsches. It's great to see these cars being used for what they were meant for.

So in the end you can't explain to someone that the world isn't flat unless they are ready to accept it.

I agree w/ you....its def. fun and everybody whos anybody that has the hobby needs to go at least once.. - just to see for themselves. S***...if I was in Fl I'd roll w/ you. The worst thing is when someone w/ the bling says that they're going to show up and then they never do. I just think there's different facets to the passion that I can also appreciate: not just steel and grease...but also a little CF and titanium as well..Anyway I do think we agree on some level.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:47 PM
PurelySwift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I'll agree that the whole showcar thing kind of degrades true racing cars - meaning that the grassroots miata with a great driver could run circles around those hopped up Honda Fits, but when they've got tons of mods nobody thinks so - I still see a ton of value and FREE MARKETING in this part of the industry.

How many of you on this forum would know about Endless/Zeal if they only participated in racing? I follow Super GT regularly, and up until recently they were a well represented brand, but if they weren't on a single street car, imagine how much lost exposure that would be.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
JETPILOT

Hang out on the right forums and you will hear ZEAL, Endless, MOTON, Penske, ALCON etc. This is one of the forums that contirbutes greatly to the Taiwan tuner epidemic.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 AM
dj.kickz

man i freaking wish we had a track so I could use my project mu's but since we dont have one and aren't likely to get one in the next 4 or 5 years or so, I might as well build a show car.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM
formulaZ

Default dominic from endless funny post #2

just thought this would be funny too.
"Sigh.."
http://domstat.wordpress.com/2008/04...rums/#comments
Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
+1... we have the same experience I see.
+1 here too... BUT...
probably, if endless doesn't have those kind of costumer could be out of business... because while the track junkie thinks about buying more tires and more events... the "bling" guy spend his money in those mods...
and imho a 2 piece caliper isn't the "real deal"... they have the real deal, like brembo and alcon. if wasn't for the "bling bling" community you cannot explain why a set of two pieces caliper or their rotors (but with a nice colored hat) cost so much. I don't discuss their quality, but there are things that let you think which is the real company mission.

on the other hand.. you have the "bling bling" community also on the track..
how many use moton 5way adjustable suspension to go slower than the regular set of koni because they don't have the telemetry and racing engineers that can understand and set that kind of suspensions?

to me the bling bling community is a great source of performance parts at great prices.. they will never heat up a bbk, wear down suspension or overheat an exhaust.. stress a rim (maybe some curb rush.. enough to sell it)...

to me it's a great community and way to have nice parts at the right price and still have something left to buy my tires
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

After reading this, I've decided to sell my sport bike and buy a scooter. I had no idea people were laughing at me because I don't track it.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Beau

Originally Posted by blue350zed
After reading this, I've decided to sell my sport bike and buy a scooter. I had no idea people were laughing at me because I don't track it.
Do you have chicken strips?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Beau
Do you have chicken strips?
I'm just saying...I built my car, and bike, the way I always wanted to build it. I've been to a few SCCA autocrosses with it, but nothing is closer than three and a half hours away. I have fun with it at local Z and G meets and my wife loves taking cruises in it to the beach or whatever. Is it over-kill, sure. But I built it the way I wanted to.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:30 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by formulaZ
just thought this would be funny too.
"Sigh.."
http://domstat.wordpress.com/2008/04...rums/#comments
Yeah.... that is one of the not so funny ones.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Jason333
hi

JET,

what boost do you run at the track?
Old 11-10-2008, 12:54 PM
JETPILOT

I run 16psi = 565whp.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Colin_S

Have to say, what a w@nker. He can have his opinion and i can have mine; W@nker.

Each to their own, if someone wants to buy a BBK for there daily driver then that is their choice... if someone wants them for a track car then that's fine too... if someone wants them for a show car that's equally fine... anyone think he'd even have a job if they only sold brakes for track cars.

Last edited by Colin_S; 11-11-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Colin_S
anyone think he'd even have a job if they only sold brakes for track cars.
Possibly, but then the track enthusiast would have to pay a lot more for a kit because the cost wouldn't be subsidized by all their other customers.

I'm sure his superiors at Endless would disagree with his attitude towards their customers. Clearly they don't mind appealing to people on an aesthetic level or they wouldn't offer their line in a delicious rainbow of colors. =)

Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Colin_S

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Possibly, but then the track enthusiast would have to pay a lot more for a kit because the cost wouldn't be subsidized by all their other customers.

I'm sure his superiors at Endless would disagree with his attitude towards their customers. Clearly they don't mind appealing to people on an aesthetic level or they wouldn't offer their line in a delicious rainbow of colors. =)

Very good point, why offer any different colours. I'm not saying endless wouldn't exist but they would have far less sales thus the need for less sales people.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Motormouth
Banned

laugh at them, but realize the market function they serve. I can think of a couple members on here who contribute heavily to this. every time someone says baller I want to vomit blood on them.

laugh at them for subsidizing racer's costs
Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
JETPILOT

Good Points!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:43 PM
blasian

Baller
Old 11-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Clearly they don't mind appealing to people on an aesthetic level or they wouldn't offer their line in a delicious rainbow of colors. =)

exactly my point.
and.. look.. 2 piece calipers.. the only racing part of these is the name.
(the also have the monoblocks... but they are "ugly" for jdm ****** and twice expensive)

Quick Reply: Dominic (From Endless) Funny Post 1