Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dominic (From Endless) Funny Post 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dominic (From Endless) Funny Post 1

Dominic from Endless has a blog that has some really funny sh*t that made me laugh. This one should be enforced. I will make a follow up posts with other articles I find.

Logan typically writes about the “suggestions” we have for our customers, but the other week I - well.. lets just say I had some inspiration to write my own. Lets make sure we all know where I’m coming from before I let the hammer drop. I started at Endless because I love the brand, the company, everything that Endless stands for. Four years later I still love Endless, but now for far more specific reasons. With all my recent rambling about racing, I think you all can figure out what those reasons are without me having to spell it out again.

Unfortunately in the US, the majority of people who own Endless calipers do not use them as their creators intended. This is something I’ve simply HAD to accept. I do breathing exercises and meditate every morning before I go to work so I can pretend it doesn’t bother me. However, every now and then someone will push the envelope by doing a number of things; asking for a bigger brake system than we offer because they need to fill the space in their 19″ 2-piece wheels, or because some other company makes a 380mm rotor and those extra 10mm’s will get them more points at HIN.. Of course, they say they’ll track the car, they always say that, but do they? I’d put good money on “no.”

So, I’ve come up with the following idea: From here on out we’re going to employ an approval process for brake systems. Yes, you must submit an application to be allowed to purchase a brake system. What kind of car do you have.. What other brands are on the car.. How are you going to use the car.. What wheels do you have.. What tires do you have.. How good of a driver are you.. Do you belong to a “car crew”? Are you ugly.. (j/k)

In all seriousness, we’d never get away with doing something like that (no matter how much I really want to do it) and who should deny those with money to spend it how they wish? But you know what? I really think I’m doing some people out there a favor by saying they shouldn’t buy Endless. Because if you’re really not going to use it, why buy it? Why reinforce the hearsay that Endless is merely “JDM Bling”? Why spend $7,200 on a front and rear brake system if it never even gets up to temperature? If you’re out there reading this and you think you love Endless, then do the brand a favor and really use the products as they’re intended. Hell, do me a favor and help me prove Endless’ legitimacy by outbraking someone in turn 9. Just don’t ask me for a 8-piston fuschia caliper with 380mm Takata green rotors for your Scion xD.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 11-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is he so bitter? If people have the money and they like the way it looks wtf does it matter what they do with it? BBK's look great and I'm guessing people buy endless for the look and not the performance. In regards to performance, I don't see how they're worth 3k more than a pair of stoptech's.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Beau

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My new Hero! I agree whole heartedly. Most people don't need anything more than base model brakes. I've used my base model brakes on 8 track days and around 800 track miles with nothing more than HP+ pads and they are 90% of good enough for that abuse. I'll be upgrading factory Brembo's when the money is available since Endless is out of my price range for the moment.

I actually DID think that Endless was just a JDM Bling bling name, though! Brembo, Stoptech, and AP Racing are the most common brake manufactures I've seen on track other than no-name factory brakes.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
JETPILOT

Endless makes racing parts. The legitamacy of the product is tarnished by the show car culture which is oblivious to the fact of what they really are meant for. If your the manufacturer of a racing component you want it to be assoicated with performance, and racing something which the US show car scene is the antithesis of.

Ensless and it's other brands makes the highest quality everything.... from their ZEAL shocks to their brake pads to their brake fluid which is used in almost exlusively in formula one and is supplied OEM in Porsche GT3 cup cars.

To see their product being appreciated for the wrong reasons here in the states I imagine is dissapointing.

Bottom line... Dom is bitter, but speaks the truth.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Endless makes racing parts. The legitamacy of the product is tarnished by the show car culture which is oblivious to the fact of what they really are meant for. If your the manufacturer of a racing component you want it to be assoicated with performance, and racing something which the US show car scene is the antithesis of.

Ensless and it's other brands makes the highest quality everything.... from their ZEAL shocks to their brake pads to their brake fluid which is used in almost exlusively in formula one and is supplied OEM in Porsche GT3 cup cars.

To see their product being appreciated for the wrong reasons here in the states I imagine is dissapointing.

Bottom line... Dom is bitter, but speaks the truth.

I agree with you to an extent, but does Dom know he's walking a thin line in alienating his customer base? What about people who buy Ferrari's? 90 percent of them purchase those fine automobiles because of prestige, but we all know Ferrari's were born for the track. Does that make them any less of an owner?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Crom

That can be said for any time attack wheels, body areo, bride seats, or any performance upgrade for that matter...I actually mentioned this in one of my previous threads. - Why do anything to your car at all ?.. Just because you don't hit the track 2wice a month trash your car/tires then spend more $ repairing it - esp if its your DD. - I don't understand why people hate on this seriously. - some just like the spirited driving - occasional track experiences grocery shopping, and the style of it. so on and so forth... So why the hatred ?...Why do you think the majority of track cars out there are smaller imports w/o flashy parts ( miatas, civics w/ r-comps, evos ect..) because there cheaper to repair. I know people that are track junkies that bag on others w/ a stock setup...saying OMG how do you drive like that or you should get.. kinda questions...- Jebus, just grab your helmet and go . Do mercedes drivers reach the performance limits as to the limits of the vehicles design ?...what about ferrari and lambo owners. Should we all hate on them as well just for having a car like that ?...Come on spare me. Its style and its what people like. Of course it be even better if they really jumped on it once in a while - but to each there own. You shouldn't judge. - In the end its what ever make you happy.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:38 PM
JETPILOT

Actually every time I go to Champion Motorsports and see my crew there and the 20 or so GT2, GT3, GT3 Cup, Carrera GT and the occasional Gallardo and Ferrari we get a good laugh at all those people who buy them and have no clue what they are buying. I don't think he will allienate anybody, becasue generally those that are interesrted in their products have the same feelings.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:42 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crom
That can be said for any time attack wheels, body areo, bride seats, or any performance upgrade for that matter...I actually mentioned this in one of my previous threads. - Why do anything to your car at all ?.. Just because you don't hit the track 2wice a month trash your car/tires then spend more $ repairing it - esp if its your DD. - I don't understand why people hate on this seriously. - some just like the spirited driving - occasional track experiences grocery shopping, and the style of it. so on and so forth... So why the hatred ?...Why do you think the majority of track cars out there are smaller imports w/o flashy parts ( miatas, civics w/ r-comps, evos ect..) because there cheaper to repair. I know people that are track junkies that bag on others w/ a stock setup...saying OMG how do you drive like that or you should get.. kinda questions...- Jebus, just grab your helmet and go . Do mercedes drivers reach the performance limits as to the limits of the vehicles design ?...what about ferrari and lambo owners. Should we all hate on them as well just for having a car like that ?...Come on spare me. Its style and its what people like. Of course it be even better if they really jumped on it once in a while - but to each there own. You shouldn't judge. - In the end its what ever make you happy.

/thread
Old 11-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Crom

Actually every time I go to Champion Motorsports and see my crew there and the 20 or so GT2, GT3, GT3 Cup, Carrera GT and the occasional Gallardo and Ferrari we get a good laugh at all those people who buy them and have no clue what they are buying. I don't think he will allienate anybody, becasue generally those that are interesrted in their products have the same feelings.
Why do you guys laugh at those cars ?.....
Old 11-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Beau

I laugh at people who buy cars and never use them to half of the cars ability. Laugh at the owner, not the car.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Beau

It's like wearing a thong and never getting laid. What's the point? You can brag about having it, but you never use it for what it was intended for. Julio's Thongs for Men!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:58 PM
JETPILOT

For example we laugh at how a guy is trading in his 2007 GT3 with 5,200mi on a 2008 GT3 just because he wanted another color. He lost about $30,000 in one year between trade in and purchase for a new color. And he installed a Tubi exhaust and about 20,000 in dry carbon fiber parts and 8,000 wheels to drive around town to show... "hey see what I got".
Old 11-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Crom

For example we laugh at how a guy is trading in his 2007 GT3 with 5,200mi on a 2008 GT3 just because he wanted another color. He lost about $30,000 in one year between trade in and purchase for a new color. And he installed a Tubi exhaust and about 20,000 in dry carbon fiber parts and 8,000 wheels to drive around town to show... "hey see what I got".
Be honest here.... What was your initial reaction (1st)..when you saw this car. ?

You never picked up a car mag when you were a kid and said..."oh man that's cool"...or saw a old porsche catalog and was like " whoa "... When I was 9, I took a ride in my dad's friends mercedes gull wing coupe, and that was pretty much it for me, which in turn started a legacy of modding. Its just style man - no biggie. Some people tend to steer (no pun intended) towards a variety of personas..whether its mario andretti, james bond, knight rider,...or Rice rider...or even a hybrid of the above mentioned. everybody is different and in turn likes different things for different reasons.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:38 PM
JETPILOT

I agree.... no doubt about it. Your style is your style and your entitled to it. Just as I am etitled to laugh at it.

My initial reaction was I'd love to have a GT3 so I could take it to Sebring. I even said it out loud and Victor said (my suspension guy) none of these cars ever sees the track. Honestly I can't even bare to go to car get together and lsiten to x person say... "Oh i don't like Endless they don't make an 8 piston or 12 piston 380mm setup, or I don't like they way they look".

The same way I laugh at guys who go to the track and blue tape their entire car or show up in the pits in the morning and rub their car with detailer and a diaper before a full day of tracking.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 11-08-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Crom

I agree... I value your opinion on here. I believe that you have tons of helpful knowledge about tracking your car/real world applications than many others... and I enjoy reading your reviews on certain items you run across. I just think energy would be better spent if you talk to those guys and share w/ them some of your knowledge and explain how trick their setup is..(+ they might appreciate it more)... instead of laughing at them from a distance.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Beau

Originally Posted by Crom
I agree... I value your opinion on here. I believe that you have tons of helpful knowledge about tracking your car/real world applications than many others... and I enjoy reading your reviews on certain items you run across. I just think energy would be better spent if you talk to those guys and share w/ them some of your knowledge and explain how trick their setup is..(+ they might appreciate it more)... instead of laughing at them from a distance.
The reality is that 99% of them will NEVER go to a track even if you urge them over and over again. That is my personal experience with everybody I've tried to drag to the track.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 PM
JETPILOT

It really can't be explained. You have to get out their on the track and eveything will become clear. I track my car bout every 6 weeks and I invite numerous people here on the forums and other friends and no one EVAR shows up. I invite them so that maybe, at least some of them, will get the point of what this hobby is all about.

At the track you can buy a $20 ride band and ride with anyone that will take you. Just ask and most will let you. At least experience the sport before deciding not to take part in it.

The best car show in the world is the track. You see so many unreal cars and watch them run on the track and then see the car in the pits. Last time I was there there was an ENZO, a GT-R, a Ford GT, and so many Ferraris and Porsches. It's great to see these cars being used for what they were meant for.

So in the end you can't explain to someone that the world isn't flat unless they are ready to accept it.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:13 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by Beau
The reality is that 99% of them will NEVER go to a track even if you urge them over and over again. That is my personal experience with everybody I've tried to drag to the track.
+1... we have the same experience I see.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Beau

+1... we have the same experience I see.
Yup. People will spend $3,000 on brakes they don't need, but not $1,000 on 4 hours of track time including pretty much every expense.

I would sell everything but my dog, car, and mother to go to the track. I'm addicted. It's bad.

Last edited by Beau; 11-08-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:24 PM
got556

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh...I've owned/own quite a few AR's and AK's and pistols and I do actually use them as my job requires me to qualify w/ them in order to keep my employment and they may actually save my life. But owning them is also a hobby to me, just like a car is a hobby to many Americans and foreigners alike. Even if you don't truly use the part to the extent of what it was made for, it's a hobby and some ppl like having the finer things in life. Not b/c they need to, but b/c they can. It's the way it goes. But I definitely see where he and Jet are coming from.

Quick Reply: Dominic (From Endless) Funny Post 1