Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Not that satisfied...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
vbgambini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not that satisfied...

I installed my S-Techs not about 2 weeks ago. Im guessing they have settled or have they? Well If they are im not that satisfied with the drop, if they havent settled yet then ill be more patient. How much longer should I wait? I can see a difference but I want a little more. Any ideas or suggestions if I should do the spring mount mod? Change to another spring that is slightly lower than the S-Techs? If so, which set of springs? I have pictures up if you want to look at them. Ill take better ones ASAP. But Im really not satisfied with the drop I dont know what I should do. The look im looking for is almost all wheel gap is lost but not slammed. Let me know guys. Thanks....

Last edited by vbgambini; 11-20-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:06 AM
THe Emperor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it another week or so and see if it settles alittle more. S Techs have a moderate drop so I wouldn't expect too much. If you are satisfied with the front and want alittle more drop in the back you can definitely do the spring mount mod. If you want a spring with alittle more drop you can look at the GF210 by Tanabe. I nitcticed you don't want to be slammed so I can't even say sportlines this time. lol
Old 11-20-2008, 09:23 AM
vbgambini

Yea Maybe ill wait a little longer to see. Im now thinking of doing the Pro-Kit. I just want the gap gone. The fronts are nice but then again i have a 245/40/19 tire. which i will change to 35 all around. The rear is 275/35/19. I dont know. It bothers me though that its not dropped the way I want it.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 AM
ALO8

sorry but they are not going to settle enough to notice
Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Jgrizzle

My s techs have been on for about two weeks. I agree, I wouldve liked just a little bit lower but over all i think they will do. I can just make it over the active barriers getting onto the base where i work. I rub a little bit every once in a while so i dont think im gonna go any lower.

Just my .02

Post a side pic with the s techs vs the new setup you get. Id be interested to see
Old 11-20-2008, 09:55 AM
lgear080

v - sounds like buyer's remorse. my car is only dropped on S-Techs, and
I never did the spring mount mod. so... you basically know what to expect.
now you know why i want coils...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM
THe Emperor

Originally Posted by vbgambini
Yea Maybe ill wait a little longer to see. Im now thinking of doing the Pro-Kit. I just want the gap gone. The fronts are nice but then again i have a 245/40/19 tire. which i will change to 35 all around. The rear is 275/35/19. I dont know. It bothers me though that its not dropped the way I want it.
Yea I forgot all about the Pro Kit. It should be a noticeable difference from the S Techs.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Thermal1

Buy coilovers, you cant be disappointed that way!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
samjcg

with s tech at least you dont have to get camber kit
Old 11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
dennisafrompa

Default S-techs

...this is my '08 with S-techs and 20mm spacers R 15mm F...

I'm happy, but i really did not want a big drop.

The springs have been on 2 weeks and have dropped maybe another 3/32".

Maybe spacers would help the look...it did on mine.
Attached Thumbnails Not that satisfied...-100_3653.jpg  
Old 11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
vbgambini

I was thinking the pro kit. but what coils could i get with a decent price (Less than a grand) that can feel close to stock? i had the tein flex on my 240 and it was rough. I dont know if I want to do the spring mount if I change springs. but will the spring mount make the rear look better so i dont have to change out springs? they only been on for about 2 weeks. But whats funny is when I see other cars on s-techs the drop seems lower than mine thats why i got them. I dunno what i should do. I really want that flush look and no wheel gap. If I do go with the pro kit will i have to roll the fenders? basically what will i have to do if I get the pro kit??

L - your drop looks sick with those white volks man. they seem like they lowered more than mine? do I really have to wear them in?

Last edited by vbgambini; 11-20-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
THe Emperor

I was thinking the pro kit. but what coils could i get with a decent price (Less than a grand) that can feel close to stock? i had the tein flex on my 240 and it was rough. I dont know if I want to do the spring mount if I change springs. but will the spring mount make the rear look better so i dont have to change out springs? they only been on for about 2 weeks. But whats funny is when I see other cars on s-techs the drop seems lower than mine thats why i got them. I dunno what i should do. I really want that flush look and no wheel gap. If I do go with the pro kit will i have to roll the fenders? basically what will i have to do if I get the pro kit??

L - your drop looks sick with those white volks man. they seem like they lowered more than mine? do I really have to wear them in?

Yes cutting the spring mounts will let you lower the rear without changing the springs. The amount you cut the spring mount will be the amount the rear lowers. Cut .50'' and the rear will be .50'' etc. About rolling fenders that'll depend on your offset and tire width.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Z_Nick_Z

i love the way sportlines dropped my car. its almost perfect IMO
Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 PM
lgear080

v, good question. in time, i think you'll be happier. i have about 8k miles on
the springs. maybe 10 mm spacers front and back?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
OldDirty Z33

Wow didn't really drop it to much. Sorry to hear it didn't work out but my 2 cents. The tanabe gf210 was perfect!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:31 AM
rotchcrocket04

This is exactly why I didn't get the S-Techs. Just not enough of a drop for my liking. I decided instead of messing around with a lower drop on springs, then having to buy shocks... I'll save my money and buy a good set of coilovers in the Spring with a quality camber kit. The ride quality doesn't bother me (as long as it's not too bad) but I want a definite lowered look that still has good performance.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:02 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Apothyosis
Buy coilovers, you cant be disappointed that way!
+1
Old 11-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Thermal1

Search the market place. I was leaning towards buddy club when I was shopping around until i found a good deal on some slightly used Bilstein pss9s... I love them.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:52 PM
vbgambini

Ordered pro kits. couldnt help it.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
THe Emperor

Those should be good woth 1'' drop front and rear. They probably settle alittle more than that.

Quick Reply: Not that satisfied...