Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Review of JIC FLT-A2, KW V3 and Zeal Function X coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
If I recall (correct me if i'm wrong), when the V2's are set to really stiff the life cycle of the shocks are highly effected according to shock dynos. I am running hotchkis sway bars with the fronts set at the hardest setting and the rear set at medium. You can click on the "my garage" link under my screen name for more modification and weight details of the car. My other suspension mods are as follows:

-Custom 12 Point Roll Cage built by L-Con Race cars
-ZEAL Function XS Coilovers w/ 12/10 Spring rates
-350evo Front A-Arms
-ARC Front Upper Strut Bar
-350evo Rear Swaybar endlinks
-Battleversion Rear Toe Arms
-Battleversion Rear Camber arms
I believe g35sedan posted that.

I thought you were getting the Clubsports Rick, I didn't think you were gonna get the V3s

When I "upgrade" from the V3s I may look into the Clubsports but for what I need right now, the V3s suit me fine
Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
I believe g35sedan posted that.

I thought you were getting the Clubsports Rick, I didn't think you were gonna get the V3s

When I "upgrade" from the V3s I may look into the Clubsports but for what I need right now, the V3s suit me fine
I was actually waiting for the Competitions to become available. However, I was offered a V3 setup for the time being. After seeing the coilovers in person, I already knew that I didn't want to wait for the Competitions and go for the zeals altogether. V3's are great for daily drivers, but the Zeals feel great as well with more features I was looking for at not much higher of a price.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah you see, that's another thing. I can get the V3's for about half the price of the Zeals, and the V2's for even less. As far as the damper settings i don't know, you might be very right. I would only be using these for short sprints, as timeattack has just arrived in Spain, and i plan on using the car in the AM (amateur) series. (i'm looking for sponsors by the way )
I'm really torn! because the V3's are a good price and still a good coilover, but then i might want something a bit more aggressive in the future.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Rickdogg

Originally Posted by warmmilk
you can get metal ones as a no cost option, but kw claims that the plastic (some sort of specially formulated material) are better
I definitely was not aware of that. Thanks for adding that information for those that may want to go that route.
i should add that this was the case a couple years ago, i'm not sure if its still an available option...
Old 03-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
Ah you see, that's another thing. I can get the V3's for about half the price of the Zeals, and the V2's for even less. As far as the damper settings i don't know, you might be very right. I would only be using these for short sprints, as timeattack has just arrived in Spain, and i plan on using the car in the AM (amateur) series. (i'm looking for sponsors by the way )
I'm really torn! because the V3's are a good price and still a good coilover, but then i might want something a bit more aggressive in the future.
I definitely can see why you would be torn between the choices lol. You're definitely lucky that you can obtain the KW's for that price. It might be a good choice for you if the benefits of the Zeals I mentioned above does not justify the extra cost.

I can send you some stuff if you plan on drifting this year in Spain. Let me know.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-16-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

What sort of stuff?

I just checked out your garage, and OMFG, your car is a total track *****! I love it. I can understand now why the KW's just wont cut it!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
warmmilk

hey, imma be in europe next month, and if v3's are really that cheap there, i wanna pick up a set for myself and bring them back with me. can you let me know where would be a good place to get them, thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

What sort of stuff?

I just checked out your garage, and OMFG, your car is a total track *****! I love it. I can understand now why the KW's just wont cut it!
PM'd.

Thanks for the props! haha i'm just preparing it for when I go back out there again.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Hey bro, never got the PM. Don't know what happened. My inbox is almost empty (no one loves me)
Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Hey bro, never got the PM. Don't know what happened. My inbox is almost empty (no one loves me)
pm sent
Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
blazinasian

Hey Rick, nice review on the coilovers. Have you experienced any noises (creaking...) from the Zeals?

Take care
Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by blazinasian
Hey Rick, nice review on the coilovers. Have you experienced any noises (creaking...) from the Zeals?

Take care
It is hard for me to comment on suspension noise unless it is really obvious such as the 350evo front A-arms that clunk when hitting a bump hard on the road since it has spherical bearings etc. Small creaks and what not are not very noticeable for me since my entire interior is completely gutted and I run no windows. Sorry.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
blazinasian

No worries Rick, any input is good. Thanks for the help...

Take care
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
A-Town-Z

Resurrection BUMP!!! I searched, and found... haha

Anyone have the Zeal's installed on an HR? Vividracing doesn't offer them as an option for the 07-08 models. I assume they will fit? I currently have Godspeed coilovers on my car... (Bought the car with these installed) didnt think the ride was that bad at first, they were pretty much brand new. I put about 8k on them, the pillowball mounts click, and the rears are blown, and the they are horrible now. I am not going to buy junk coilovers to replace these, so Zeal's it is! KW V2's would have worked, but I want to go a little lower than 1.5" in the rear.

Last edited by A-Town-Z; 05-09-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will install just fine.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

You won't regret it...by far the best I've had so far. Sadly...I didn't even get to enjoy these the way I wanted after experiencing a bunch of crap with the ex. As a matter of fact, they are up for sale.