Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension Guru's Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:36 PM
jdmteg2nv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only reason on the clearence problem is because I have the aam plenum spacer..forgot to mention that
Old 04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
uglyduc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB07
took the bar out completely and problem not solved for me still sounds like I have a seal (the animal) stuck in my front end
I think you have a different issue than what is being described. The sound is more of a clunk than a squeal (or whatever sound a seal makes). I have/had the same issue after installing the long tube injen CAI was installed, which requires the upper strut bar to be removed. Unloading the car on a lift, adjusting the brace per spec and locking everything back together nice and tight seemed to work for me also.

I also noticed a gap in my upper A arm bolts which made me initially think it was coming from the A arms, but I checked the torque on both bolts and they were solid.

Another note, the ingen CAI is very close to the adjment nut on the strut bar and has actually worn a notch into my left intake tube and is very close to the outer tower wall of the left strut. Any engine movement could also be causing the pipe to bump either points, of course, this is my situation but may apply to others.