Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Brake Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Xzero

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, its been just over 3 months & 3700km since I have done this conversion & everything is going well!

The posi-quiet brake pads work as intended, I have not heard a SINGLE squeal/noise from the brakes yet. They hold up very well in the rain & stopping power is not diminished. The dust from these pads are so minimal, it's unreal! I did a test, I didn't wash my car for 3 weeks & the amount of brake dust that was built up could barely be seen. A GREAT buy for the price!

The calipers do not leak, they have no problems what-so-ever, for re-builts they are superb!

The rotors have no visible scoring, cracks or other abnormalities. The factory machine marks are gone & I have absolutely no rust or corrosion on the hats.

I have not tested the Project Mu Inner Sports Shoes(I do not track/drift the car, it's just my summer cruiser), they were mostly put on because everything was coming off anyways.

My stopping power is excellent as always, I'll have to admit I don't feel a difference between these & the 03-05 factory calipers/brake pads/rotors. As I only use the car for city driving, I wasn't expecting a difference in stopping power, just a difference in looks.

All in all, I am VERY impressed. I know 3700km is not a lot to base results upon but because this car only see about 5000km on the road each year, I thought I would give me 0.02 cents before I park it for the winter this month. Again, thanks to all that helped me with info(especially Michla22 for the great DIY write-up) & to all those reading this thread!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 AM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
XChacalX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be wrong but I read at few occasion about the master cilynder not being the same for the OEM caliper setup to the Brembo...

what is the final word on this one ?

because on the hydraulic side if you make the work being bigger , you need more delivery (upgraded master cilynder)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Xzero

I was going to upgrade the master cylinder but there is no signifigant difference between the two. I will get more info about it for you, give me a few days. I had everything written down somewhere when I did my research....
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The MC is different but it doesn't seem to make any difference in the operation of the Brembos on a non-brembo car.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Xzero

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
The MC is different but it doesn't seem to make any difference in the operation of the Brembos on a non-brembo car.
Thank you David! I phoned the dealership & all they say is that the part# is different.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 AM
o2sys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.autosupplyco.com are currently offering free shipping on order $50+.

Also under the calipers the descriptions state Posi-Quiet Loaded calipers. Does this mean it comes with the brake pads already???

Also they seem to be charging a core charge, can i send in my stock non-brembo brakes to get the core charge refund???? (sound too good to be true, usually is lol)

Last edited by o2sys; 09-10-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Xzero

Originally Posted by o2sys
www.autosupplyco.com are currently offering free shipping on order $50+.

Also under the calipers the descriptions state Posi-Quiet Loaded calipers. Does this mean it comes with the brake pads already???

Also they seem to be charging a core charge, can i send in my stock non-brembo brakes to get the core charge refund???? (sound too good to be true, usually is lol)
The loaded calipers come with brake pads. They are OEM style pads.

The core charge is only applicable when you send Brembo calipers back. They will NOT take your regular calipers AT ALL. You'll have to sell them on your own.

Last edited by Xzero; 09-11-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: To answer the post below
Old 09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
o2sys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm i wonder if i can get any refund for stock non brembos...of courrse i wont get the full core charge but maybe something ??? lol
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Xzero

It has be over a year & 9300KM since the install. (67,000KM)
So far, so good! Everything is working as intended, the system feels the same as if I just installed it.

I had my front left caliper leaking from the banjo bolt very slowly. It was leaking fluid on my caliper & ruined some of the paint on the back of the caliper. All that was needed was to tighten the bolt & bleed the brakes in case any air got into the system.
It's best to inspect your work for a while after to catch things that may pop up, such as this. Other than that, the calipers are working perfectly, no sticky/seized pistons, dust boots are still intact.

Washing my rims every second day is now a thing of the past! The posi-quiet brake pads are great for street driving & leave behind virtually no brake dust! I hand-wash my car and hand-wash the rims every second wash now, that's how low dusting these pads are!There is still TONS of pad left & absolutely NO brake squeal! I swear, I have not heard one squeal or noise from these pads! Very impressed!

The Power-Slot rotors have no abnormal markings/wear/grooves. The rotors have not warped. There is NO rust or corrosion on the hats or the veins in the rotors.

The steel-braided lines are fine, no cracks/bubbles/leaks.

The Project Mu E-Brake Shoes have never been used for their direct purpose but i can tell you that they grip pretty well when I park on a hill!

I guess that's the end of my review for now. If you want a set of Brembo calipers for a great price, check out ASC. They rebuild them well & are a great company to deal with!

Last edited by Xzero; 07-14-2010 at 12:08 PM.