Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ARE MY EIBACHES UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! and rubber mounts??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
RocKstR350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARE MY EIBACHES UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! and rubber mounts??

Just installed eibach springs and i might have installed them wrong. car is on lift now so i havent seen how they are. I install with the springs smallest gapped coils on the bottom if that makes any sence? Then the further up you look the gaps between the springs gets bigger and bigger. And also do i re use the rubber piece on the stock springs???
Old 08-22-2009, 05:11 PM
CG350z

Old 08-22-2009, 07:08 PM
RocKstR350z

I think there called buymp stop. They go on top of the factory spring in between the spring and top mount of the shock. And the lettering should be right side up and not upside down when the new spring is installed??
Old 08-22-2009, 07:17 PM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have the springs and rear springmounts installed correctly.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calin
Why does it need pics? If you read his entire post, you'd know how they were installed.
Never question davidv....
Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
RocKstR350z

Do i use the rubber things on the shocks tho?? I read not to but that mean hte shock is gonna sit againt the metal toppiece of the strut???
Old 08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spell-check?
Sounds like they're installed properly to me... Why do you think they aren't?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 AM
RocKstR350z

I thought that if i didnt use the rubber piece the springs metal to metal contact with the strut top hat would make loud banging noises. I also thought that youd want the most tightly wound part of the springs down b ut i was definatly wrong on that one
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the front reuse the upper spring seat that intergrates with the upper shock mount.

On the rear, reuse the rubber lower and upper spring seats.

On the front and rear springs, if the springs you bought do not come with rubber or plastic sleaves, pull those parts off the oem springs and swap them over. Even if they are glued onto the oem springs, pry them off and swap them over. Your goal is to prevent metal to metal contact with the sleaves between the individual coils in the spring, which will happen and can led to noise if not present.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 AM
RocKstR350z

Uh-Oh looks like I did it wrong. On 350z tech it said that the eibach sportlines didnt reuse the stock rubber pieces but that just seemed a bit odd to me. If I put the on will it raise my car up ?? I like how low it is sitting right now but the ride is a bit noisey. When i hit any size bump i can hear them
Old 08-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Z04

prime example of "if you have no clue WTF you are doing, do not do it yourself".
Old 08-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Darkpath

Many of the posts in this thread are in conflict with the purpose of the entire forum... Maybe the moderators should note the folks who routinely do this and send them a caution...

Just once it would be nice (for the benefit of the rest of us) if when a technical question was asked (even if by a newb like myself) that instead of BS commentary that users make an effort to provide constructive and/or intelligent suggestion instead of simply trying to make someone feel stupid... Or more likely maybe its just because those people making this kind of reply knows no more than the one asking the question. Only you know for sure...

There's my two cents... Now let the flaming begin... We're all used to it to the point of lunacy by now.

Last edited by Darkpath; 08-28-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
vthao

Originally Posted by RocKstR350z
Uh-Oh looks like I did it wrong. On 350z tech it said that the eibach sportlines didnt reuse the stock rubber pieces but that just seemed a bit odd to me. If I put the on will it raise my car up ?? I like how low it is sitting right now but the ride is a bit noisey. When i hit any size bump i can hear them
It won't raise your car any bit, and the ride's noisy because you didn't install them.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 AM
RocKstR350z

Originally Posted by Darkpath
Many of the posts in this thread are in conflict with the purpose of the entire forum... Maybe the moderators should note the folks who routinely do this and send them a caution...

Just once it would be nice (for the benefit of the rest of us) if when a technical question was asked (even if by a newb like myself) that instead of BS commentary that users make an effort to provide construction and/or intelligent suggestion instead of simply trying to make someone feel stupid... Or more likely maybe its just because those people making this kind of reply knows no more than the one asking the question. Only you know for sure...

There's my two cents... Now let the flaming begin... We're all used to it to the point of lunacy by now.

Very well put. I have been a member on alot of forums and this is one of the top three worst for that. But at the end of the day its just the internet so who cares. The point of this site is to tlak about 350z realted things. A spring install with questions should be consider exactly that. Just becasue I rear two different things on what how to install them and instead of just doing it and not worrying I decided to ask and use this forum for what it was made for... to gather information. Sorry if the question sounds like a noobie one but on 350z tech the directions clearly state to NOT reuse the rubber piece. Sorry if my noobish mind thought that didnt sound right and after the install started to get concerned about the noise and decided id rather be safe and ask then just drve around this way. I apoligize that all the pro car mechanics had to read this. At the end of the day its just the interwebz so the flaming can continue
Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 AM
HiHo_Silver350

yes... you will get flamed for noobism but still, i've found alot of helpful info on this site so just ignore the flaming. plus, your title pretty much put up a red flag for the noob police.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 AM
RocKstR350z

lol yea i expected it but as ong as i get the info that i needed i can handle some flamming. I used to be deeo into hte honda car scene so with me not being a noob to that I hand down my fair share of flamming to the newbies. Its all in good fun
Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 AM
RocKstR350z

I actually just re-read the directions on installing springs on 350z tech and it says NOT TO reuse the rubber mounts????
Old 08-28-2009, 01:22 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Step one-return the Z
Step two-buy honda civic
Old 08-28-2009, 03:11 AM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by RocKstR350z
Very well put. I have been a member on alot of forums and this is one of the top three worst for that. But at the end of the day its just the internet so who cares. The point of this site is to tlak about 350z realted things. A spring install with questions should be consider exactly that. Just becasue I rear two different things on what how to install them and instead of just doing it and not worrying I decided to ask and use this forum for what it was made for... to gather information. Sorry if the question sounds like a noobie one but on 350z tech the directions clearly state to NOT reuse the rubber piece. Sorry if my noobish mind thought that didnt sound right and after the install started to get concerned about the noise and decided id rather be safe and ask then just drve around this way. I apoligize that all the pro car mechanics had to read this. At the end of the day its just the interwebz so the flaming can continue
This comment wasn't directed At you Rock... It was for the select few who'd rather label your post a fail... than answer it... as far as letting the flaming begin as a result of 'My Two Cents' - I was making the assumption that those who flame a guy for a legitimate question - couldn't help themselves and would begin flaming ME for stating the obvious.

When you find yourself wondering in the dark of night how the country got into the state it is in. Don't believe it was because of GW Bush or some other scapegoat being crucified for the nation's woes. Look to your neighbor, out there hiding behind a screen.. being a jerk behind the scenes, doing things they wouldn't do face to face... It is the people themselves... and on here we sometimes have a cross-section of the worst. Hard to believe. Look at the post-counts of the worst of them and imagine their lives.

Quick Reply: ARE MY EIBACHES UPSIDE DOWN!!!!! and rubber mounts??