Akebono 2 piece Rotors front and rear Brake sets

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM
StrafeAuto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Akebono 2 piece Rotors front and rear Brake sets

I put this here and in FS thread This is just for information

Hello everyone, I know a lot of you have been patiently waiting for a high quality, track worthy, two piece rotor option for the front and rear for a while now. Since it seemed to take forever I did some reaserch and asked around. I was directed to a company that specializes in specialty projects and making products just like this. They actually work with several automotive after market companies and improve on existing products and sometimes make their own parts. I heard that they had already developed a 2 piece rotor kit with the Akebono brakes for a few of their customers that track their cars and stuff.

I have been going back and forth with them for a couple months now and a while ago I convinced them that there was enough of a market here in this community to produce the rotor and brake kit using the Akebono calipers that a lot of us already have and the 2 piece rotors that they have already made for a few people.

It looks like we are almost ready to start selling them as soon as pricing and stuff like that is ironed out.

I asked this company to make a statement for me to post up on here and this is what they sent me......

Hello all, I was asked to make a brief statement about our two piece rotor option for the Akebono brake system.
A while ago now we had designed and developed for a few select customers a front and rear two piece, full floating, heat treated, gas vented (slotted), fully functional rotor option that was designed for, and to work with this (370Z & G37s) Akebono brake kit and for any other cars that these brakes can be adapted to fit (G35's 350Z's, FX's, etc).

We already have had great results and feedback on these rotor kits, they have currently been well tested and are on two cars (thus far) here in the US, and another two cars overseas. A customer from the Austria/ Germany area has put these rotors through several track events now and has been very pleased with them.

With that said, it recently has been brought to our attention that other companies have promised front and rear two piece rotors for this brake kit for months and even years now (they are probably strugeling with the rears).
We really had never planned on producing these two piece rotor kits for sale to the general public as I didn’t think there would be all that much of a demand for them.
Without going into too much detail here... Given what we have learned in the process, and all we went through to get a two piece rotor solution for the front AND REAR made for this brake kit (that will retain the factory parking brake) .....I am fairly certain that anything short of a very sizable investment, or another company just outright copying our design (which now is patent pending), there probably will not be another solution that I can think of for a high quality two piece rotor that will be available (especially for the rear).

Like I said. we had no intentions at first to put these in production to be readily available, mainly because of the high cost involved of top quality, track worthy two piece rotors.

Since word got out to Strafe Automotive and now a couple other companies that we were able to make a two piece rotor solution work for all four corners, and we could have these available, We have been approached and asked to produce these for sale now.

Once the details on pricing, etc are ironed out, we will have some authorized vendors (and sponsors on forums) post up a group buy maybe, or something of that nature.

The first production sets will be available soon, more details and pictures will follow.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
duro78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice just adds to the budget appeal of that setup
Old 04-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those look very nice
Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Are these being made by Relentless Autosports??

http://www.*******.com/brakes-suspen...ce-brakes.html
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
nismo_ninja

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there any word on a production date or are these already available?