Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Question about basic coilover setups...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
08nogaroZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read somewhere don't remember where but KW coilovers will not fit the SPL midlink which blows because I just ordered some V2's and I don't want to use SPC toe bolts .... suggestions? sorry for stealing the thread just need this question answered I appreciate it VERY much in advance

Last edited by 08nogaroZ; 04-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:12 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Ya see i know the rear shock mount bushing on the top of the rear spindle gets abused but even with all the tracking i do on my car i have yet to kill it.......its still good...

but yes, i would replace with the spl bushing over run oem coilovers any day and eliminate the need for the crappy spc toe bolts and using a spring bucket........and the cost for the spl pro midlink is not worth it to me, if that, i would rather spend more money on more coilovers..

I considered this when telling him about true coilovers because he said its a normal daily driven car.......do you really feel he will kill the shock bushing if he runs true coilovers??? im sincerely asking because every car i have worked on i have yet to see that one tear bad or be horrible, off centered or weaked yes, but not blown or eaten as you say???

-J
I remember looking at my bushing under load with the Stance coilovers and the bushing was being pushed down a good bit... like not supposed to look that good bit

It never really tore it but it appeared to put a lot of stress on a bushing as if it's not meant to handle that much of a load.

What's the deal with the SPC toe bolts? I've had them on with my Stance coilovers and my KWs
Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
08nogaroZ

^^just have heard from too many people that the SPC toe bolts move around too much...was wondering if there was a different approach rather than using spc toe bolts...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08nogaroZ
^^just have heard from too many people that the SPC toe bolts move around too much...was wondering if there was a different approach rather than using spc toe bolts...
I have read the same about the SPC bolts, i want to say SPC doesnt even use the correct grade bolt, but im not 100% on that, so please correct me if im wrong.

I believe Jason created a fix for the SPC bolt, im sure a search would pull it up in here. Maybe DIY as well, cant remember.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 04-14-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
08nogaroZ

yeah I read the suspension 101 post and he did say getting a higher grade bolt and having a local shop cut a grove in it to use the eccentric washers but I was wondering if there was another way around it hahaha
Old 04-14-2010, 05:29 PM
GeauxLadyZ

You might be SOL
Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
08nogaroZ

yeah no kidding might have to go with the fabrication process and using a grade 8 bolt or I might just try the SPC kit and see how that works out lol
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM
08nogaroZ

anyways sorry for stealing your thread now back to your coilover setup lol. Good luck finding the right coilovers for your needs
Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM
GeauxLadyZ

anyways sorry for stealing your thread now back to your coilover setup lol. Good luck finding the right coilovers for your needs
Np broseph, feel free to ask, my questions were already answered.

Maybe he'll chime in here to let u know, but i think those are your only options.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:07 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should be getting an alignment soon. I've never heard of it so I guess I'll see next time I get my alignment.

I need to get a job so I can finish what I started lol
Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
bimmertech

I read somewhere don't remember where but KW coilovers will not fit the SPL midlink which blows because I just ordered some V2's and I don't want to use SPC toe bolts .... suggestions? sorry for stealing the thread just need this question answered I appreciate it VERY much in advance
the spl midlink will work with any coilover kit.

the only real thing you need to know is the rate of the spring that comes with the kw's--they are progressive, so pick what rate you want in that spread. then order the midlinks with swift spring that you want, install the eccentric lockouts and enjoy. you can even try to sell the kw rear spring/adjuster to recoup some money.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmertech
you can even try to sell the kw rear spring/adjuster to recoup some money.
Great idea, cause someone will want to adjust the rear end better instead of doing the spring mount mod. For some odd reason they feel the need to level, or in most cases prerun the Z.