Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Traction Rod & Camber Arm help decide

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Black_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Rod & Camber Arm help decide

Both my camber arm and traction arm/radius rod are bent so they need to be replaced. My car is stock height but will be going with the agressive/stretched look in the future.

I been doing my research and saw many people went with ichiba camber arms for a more cost effective way. As for traction arm, I dont know which to go with? My budget is 400-500$

So far my choices:
-Camber arms
spc or ichiba

Traction arm
-circuit sport

PS: This is for a g35 coupe 05 (read we have same suspension parts)
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 AM
Guilty1s

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I been doing some research as this is my next investment too.

Go with SPC/Eibach.. same thing different box... They dont use a rubber bushing for that thing that connects to the other thing...lol...brain fart... Either way, SPC is the most proven to be the best... we have seen ichiba fail. Z1 sells some for 170ish shipped.
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2890

HTF did you bend anyways both of those anyways... you do know that one of the sides are supposed to be bent.

Traction arms arent too necesary for adjustable... as far as i know... but if yours is bent i guess you need some. Personally i would look for some dirt cheap OEM one... if that fails get some quality ones... dont cheap out on what is holding your wheel on.

Also... aggressive+stretched...FTL....
aggressive+ FATT!!... FTW

The endall threads for everything suspension related... https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ion-101-a.html

Last edited by Guilty1s; 05-10-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Moved...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

From your G35DRIVER thread:
http://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coup...cs-inside.html

REVIEW THE PROVIDED G35 DIAGRAM GIVEN ON THAT THREAD:
http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/part...layCatalogid=0

ITEM 10 - RADIUS ARM:

Only other thing I see here is that the bolt is missing? (BLUE CIRCLE) Did it snap/shear in the accident? To my understanding it's a bolt going into the aluminum sub frame or its a stud with a flange nut...either way, that doesn't look right......

okay, that silly arm has many different names by other companies.....

CUSCO calls it the (A - TRAILING ROD):

What ever company you buy it from, whatever they may call it, remember to just pick a company/price replacement you want and ensure its this forward #10 unit.

ITEM 9 - LATERAL ARM:

This is simply the camber arm.
Just find an after market adjustable camber arm you wanna buy, research the differences and pick one up.

On another note, just because you visually see that these are "obviously" bent, does not mean that is the "ONLY" damage done.......

If your not trained on what to look for, then i would suggest getting a good alignment tech or body shop mechanic to look over every mount point, every suspension component and ensure that nothing else is tweaked, bent or cracked........

literally every suspension arm on the rear mounts to the aluminum sub frame and correspondingly to the rear wheel spindle.... so in general INSPECT EVERYTHING WELL!!!

after all the parts are replaced then be prepared to take it to an alignment shop and get an alignment and then from there you can find if anything else you or a mechanic didn't see, but now come up due to alignment...

-J
Attached Thumbnails Traction Rod & Camber Arm help decide-img_0680.jpg   Traction Rod & Camber Arm help decide-img_0679.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 05-10-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have SPC camber arms on my Z and love them