Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Squealing noise from brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
shakalaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing noise from brakes

Hi guys, my brakes have started to make ridiculous amounts of squealing noise when I apply them.

Now I am not sure if it's the front one's or the back one's, but if I have to guess then most likely the front one's. Now I am assuming that it's the brake pads that need replacing? Even though the brakes apply fine, I just hate that noise. What kind of brake pads should I be looking at to replace the current one's with? I don't want to spend a fortune or anything, so something that's decent quality and doesn't cost too much. I am thinking of changing both the front and rear pads.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 AM
ericjackson

Originally Posted by shakalaka
Hi guys, my brakes have started to make ridiculous amounts of squealing noise when I apply them.

Now I am not sure if it's the front one's or the back one's, but if I have to guess then most likely the front one's. Now I am assuming that it's the brake pads that need replacing? Even though the brakes apply fine, I just hate that noise. What kind of brake pads should I be looking at to replace the current one's with? I don't want to spend a fortune or anything, so something that's decent quality and doesn't cost too much. I am thinking of changing both the front and rear pads.

Thanks
you could remove the pads and have a look? its pretty easy. i have always had hawk street pads and really liked them (non-brembo)
Old 04-11-2011, 06:45 AM
shakalaka

I am pretty sure it's the pads, I had someone look at them. They said it's the padsbas they are really stiff and hard or somrthing but if the braking works fine then no need to bother.

So hawks brake pads then? I have non-brembo's as well.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
juanmotime06

Make sure if you don't get the ferocarbon or whatever the hell their called hawk pads. They have metal flakes built into them and they will squeal like piggy.[AQUOTE=shakalaka;9079252]I am pretty sure it's the pads, I had someone look at them. They said it's the padsbas they are really stiff and hard or somrthing but if the braking works fine then no need to bother.

So hawks brake pads then? I have non-brembo's as well.[/QUOTE]