Fortune Auto Coilovers Review - Page 4 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fortune Auto Coilovers Review

Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
xman2yman

Here is some before and after pictures, mind you these can go lower and higher still, I am having them readjusted when I get my alignment done next thursday.
Attached Thumbnails Fortune Auto Coilovers Review-orig-1.jpg   Fortune Auto Coilovers Review-lowered-1.jpg  
Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
ALO8

do you know how long the fortune springs are? Would you recommend shorter swift springs to go lower, or are the fortune springs low enough, i dont know how far you are from being maxxed out?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM
inlinejoe

BTW i wanted every one to know that they now make Damping extensions for 350z, 370z, and subarus. 35 for a pair of them.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:36 PM
A-Town-Z

Anyone have any recent reviews? It's been awhile, so maybe we can hear some longevity feedback? I'm highly considering these in the spring
Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
freddys 350z

ive had mine for about a year now. no complaints. btw, they only make oem style now, no more true coilovers.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM
A-Town-Z

Thanks for the reply, Do you have the OEM style? I've been doing research on these for a few months, and they seem like the best for their price range.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 PM
freddys 350z

yes, i have the oem style. and they are definitely the best for the money. not to mention they are fully customizable. you can even upgrade them to 2 -way adjustable.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:19 PM
island03z

I've had these on the car for about 4 years and 30k miles. I have the recommended spring rates on my 500 series. Mainly street use with the occasional autox. When I got these I loved the way they handled and rode. The suspension setup is extremely confidence inspiring and I have no problem driving flat out with these coilovers. My only complaint is that these will bottom out on the bump stops on the tiniest pot hole. I thought a rebuild would help but it didn't. It seems like the design of these need more shock travel to be the perfect coilovers. Another issue is that the finish on the shock body has not held up well to the elements at all and I live in an area where we don't get snow but we live next to the ocean. The threading on the shock body has developed some rust in spots, however fortune auto fixed the issue by shipping out a replacement. I can't say enough about their customer service though, fortune auto has been very helpful in my experience in dealing with them over the years.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:43 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,006 Times in 733 Posts

Originally Posted by island03z View Post
I've had these on the car for about 4 years and 30k miles. I have the recommended spring rates on my 500 series. Mainly street use with the occasional autox. When I got these I loved the way they handled and rode. The suspension setup is extremely confidence inspiring and I have no problem driving flat out with these coilovers. My only complaint is that these will bottom out on the bump stops on the tiniest pot hole. I thought a rebuild would help but it didn't. It seems like the design of these need more shock travel to be the perfect coilovers. Another issue is that the finish on the shock body has not held up well to the elements at all and I live in an area where we don't get snow but we live next to the ocean. The threading on the shock body has developed some rust in spots, however fortune auto fixed the issue by shipping out a replacement. I can't say enough about their customer service though, fortune auto has been very helpful in my experience in dealing with them over the years.
add preload , shorten body length. That will give you more travel till the stops engage

When I set up coilovers for people, I always install with out springs first. Run through the available travel and set the travel where it will benefit the most. Then install the springs and use preload to set the car height. Works well
Old 10-14-2017, 07:29 PM
bealljk

Just saw this thread...

I ordered the 510s about 3 weeks ago ... looking forward to the install...
Old 11-28-2017, 08:39 AM
chewwyy

in for more recent reviews
Old 11-28-2017, 09:21 AM
bealljk

Chewwyy...

post #351 & #352
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...n-build-7.html

So far so good ... I put them at 50% stiffness and it's feels good ...
The Following User Says Thank You to bealljk For This Useful Post:
chewwyy (11-28-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 04:40 AM
Mark Santos

Hello there gents. I am still New here and a New "used" 350z owner. I'm wondering if anyone would care to give me a hint as to what suspension parts/brands I should use for my 350z? She is 2003 she only has 75k on here, but I can hear the back ball joint squeaking and some front end play. I would like to keep her close to stock but not! Meaning I want her to ride very sweet but still have great handling on corners. She is bone stock ATM. I want a nice look sexy look for wheels and tires. I have spent a few hours reading all of the threads most of you have posted. "Head is in pain" lol.

So if any of you would like to point me in the right direction for front end parts as well as rear control arms/ball joints. Coil overs (soft ride) our road suck around here so dropping her is not an option! I am a mechanic by trade, but I am not a tech guy like I see most of you are. Just call me a monkey with a toolbox. lol Also I want to be sure I am using the best fluids I can. PS/Brake/coolant/ and the one I see many disagree on is OIL! I would like to know what Oil you most trust and stand by. I will thank you all for any suggestions and help.

Mark New 350z Owner. My new love! 2003 350z
Old 11-30-2017, 05:30 AM
chewwyy

Originally Posted by Mark Santos View Post
Hello there gents. I am still New here and a New "used" 350z owner. I'm wondering if anyone would care to give me a hint as to what suspension parts/brands I should use for my 350z?
So if any of you would like to point me in the right direction for front end parts as well as rear control arms/ball joints.
Mark, take a look at this thread here. It is stickied in the suspension forum. It covers everything required when doing a suspension upgrade, as well as suspension refresh, and coilover information. Definitely look here and it will point you in the right direction.

-> 350Z Suspension 101
Old 11-30-2017, 08:42 AM
Mark Santos

That is very helpful. Thank you very much Chewwyy I will take a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Santos For This Useful Post:
chewwyy (12-01-2017)