Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

fortune auto dreadnaught. drool

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
275/295 eh?
what kinda tires? sidewall height height?
rims you are putting them on. Dont be surprised if you feel your car handles worst after putting them on, stock suspension is actually pretty decent.
if i like the oem setup better then the 1000$ suspension will just have to be for my slammed on 19's setup (i have to go over at leat 10 speed bumps to get to my current apartment.)

23lb 18x10 wheels (i wont mention the brand lol)
hankook v12's with 30 sidewalls.
what size tires were yours in venice? i dont remember the width and height. they were beefy. and you still runnin that setup?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R
tho i think sway bars make the car feel like its handling better but the same amount of g force is pulling the car at the tires in a turn. i am getting mad rear axle hop and bump steer. if the car is grabbing at high speed thru a turn and hits any slight bumpiness and the back end gets a lil loose and wants to hang out the rest of the turn, i have to do a low angle drift out of every turn even downhill.
Mad axle hop leaving a corner, would equal one of two main things. Worn rear shocks or to aggressive on the gas. Proper shocks will help, an LSD will help a lot, learning how to drive will also help.

BTW bump steer will get worse when lowered, unless you get some tie rod ends that are adjustable.

Last, take it to the track. If you want to learn how to drive fast, and really push your car, leave the street in your past.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Mad axle hop leaving a corner, would equal one of two main things. Worn rear shocks or to aggressive on the gas. Proper shocks will help, an LSD will help a lot, learning how to drive will also help.

BTW bump steer will get worse when lowered, unless you get some tie rod ends that are adjustable.

Last, take it to the track. If you want to learn how to drive fast, and really push your car, leave the street in your past.
thanks for the info as always terrasmak.mulholland is not really the street. tanner foust even picked it to show off his insane drift skills. going to mazda leguna seca and infinion as soon as i can after i get these tires.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 11-02-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

thanks for the info as always terrasmak.mulholland is not really the street. tanner foust even picked it to show off his insane drift skills. going to mazda leguna seca and infinion as soon as i can after i get these tires.
It is a street, has traffic flowing in two directions and you can/will be ticketed for driving like a jackwagon on it.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/Default.aspx plenty of events to choose from.

If you plan to do trackdays, i highly suggest looking for something other than V12's. They are great street tires, but after 2 to 3 events you will want/need a better tire.

Last edited by terrasmak; 11-02-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 AM
J 0 K 3 R

It is a street, has traffic flowing in two directions and you can/will be ticketed for driving like a jackwagon on it.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/Default.aspx plenty of events to choose from.

If you plan to do trackdays, i highly suggest looking for something other than V12's. They are great street tires, but after 2 to 3 events you will want/need a better tire.
the v12s are mainly for the street and probably one or 2 track runs. i will pick up some used track tires when i go. was looking to get some from member scotts300 a couple weeks ago but my drag race against uti got cancelled. (Scotts i'll be hittin you up for tires later.)
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Lol

That's why I asked for vids! I wanted to know how your burning all fours!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:32 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Lol

That's why I asked for vids! I wanted to know how your burning all fours!
yeah its from braking ha. down hill coming up to a tight turn hit brakes make turn while on brakes, all four tires slide up to the apex, hit the gas, back tires break loose, tail goes out, and maintain same slight angle out of turn and repeat for the next one lol.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 11-02-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

yeah its from braking ha. down hill coming up to a tight turn hit brakes make turn while on brakes, all four tires slide up to the apex, hit the gas, back tires break loose, tail goes out, and maintain same slight angle out of turn and repeat for the next one lol.
Suspension is not going to help that at all, and with stiffer spring rates it will slide even more.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:52 AM
VQ35deMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fortune Auto coilovers are actually not crap. Had a set of them on an S chasis and loved them. Plus they provide a shock dyno with every coilover set and you could actually see how well the shocks perform. Then you can match them up with Swift springs and have one killer of a bang for your buck coilover set-up.

People bash on them because they have no experience or think that since it is a smaller brand, they must be crap.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 AM
J 0 K 3 R

Suspension is not going to help that at all, and with stiffer spring rates it will slide even more.
the wide tires should. and id like to pick a company that has tons of spring rates to switch around from. are swift springs known/considered to be better than bc or megan?

Originally Posted by VQ35deMax
Then you can match them up with Swift springs and have one killer of a bang for your buck coilover set-up.

People bash on them because they have no experience or think that since it is a smaller brand, they must be crap.
yeah i like the helper springs they offer too. seems like they would help a lot on the street. any suspension that i can adjust firmness with should make the car do what i want. =corner on rails.
and i agree. ive never heard anyone say i had x brand coil and it was worse than stock.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 11-02-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
SE5spd

if i like the oem setup better then the 1000$ suspension will just have to be for my slammed on 19's setup (i have to go over at leat 10 speed bumps to get to my current apartment.)

23lb 18x10 wheels (i wont mention the brand lol)
hankook v12's with 30 sidewalls.
what size tires were yours in venice? i dont remember the width and height. they were beefy. and you still runnin that setup?
you are gonna switch suspension everytime you want to go to the track?
they dont make 255/30 275/30 V12s, and I would never use V12s for track tires..

I have 265/35 285/35 on a 9.5/10.5

Last, take it to the track. If you want to learn how to drive fast, and really push your car, leave the street in your past

mullholland is a public street with cops and speed limits.

let me know when you are going to the track, ill sign up to the same one. You should hit up thunderhill though, more n00b friendly

the v12s are mainly for the street and probably one or 2 track runs. i will pick up some used track tires when i go. was looking to get some from member scotts300 a couple weeks ago but my drag race against uti got cancelled. (Scotts i'll be hittin you up for tires later.)
which tires are you buying from him?

the wide tires should. and id like to pick a company that has tons of spring rates to switch around from. are swift springs known/considered to be better than bc or megan?
swift is way better then BC/MEGAN

yeah i like the helper springs they offer too. seems like they would help a lot on the street. any suspension that i can adjust firmness with should make the car do what i want. =corner on rails.
and i agree. ive never heard anyone say i had x brand coil and it was worse than stock.
stiff does not mean you will handle like you are on rail necessarily.

you need to read up more on suspension before purchasing anything, or better yet don't get coilovers, buy brakes and a clutch type LSD and go to the track like that, until you max out your driving skills like that you don't need to worry about suspension upgrades.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Originally Posted by SE5spd
you are gonna switch suspension everytime you want to go to the track?
they dont make 255/30 275/30 V12s, and I would never use V12s for track tires..

I have 265/35 285/35 on a 9.5/10.5

mullholland is a public street with cops and speed limits.

let me know when you are going to the track, ill sign up to the same one.
You should hit up thunderhill though, more n00b friendly

which tires are you buying from him?

stiff does not mean you will handle like you are on rail necessarily.

you need to read up more on suspension before purchasing anything, or better yet don't get coilovers, buy brakes and a clutch type LSD and go to the track like that, until you max out your driving skills like that you don't need to worry about suspension upgrades.
good advice bro i might have to do a 35 series if they dont have 30's. Im down for thunderhill I'll let you know.

I dont knowwhat tires he will have when i need em. whatever will work.

yeah ive read all about the stiff suspension being too stiff and you need the perfect balance, which i think i will get with enough adjustability, and maybe helper springs.

you should know i drive the ***** off that car and am waaay maxing it out thats unanimous amongst people that have seen me drive it end of that discussion, no one could even see my car after 30secnds when i blasted off with that turbo 240 during the caravan.

Last edited by J 0 K 3 R; 11-02-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:59 PM
CCDesigns

If this is really how your driving on public streets please stop driving. take it to the track and learn how to drive properly, having a stiffer suspension will only make your driving style worse
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Yet you ask if anyone likes me? You hav to be the biggest tool on this site.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Meaningless thread about parts that aren't even available for a Z has run it's course....