Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Fake BBK Caliper Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:25 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by Spork
These guys are just haters. Buy them, install them, and post pics! Most of the guys who have BBKs in pictures around here just have those covers, anyway.

Except my "covers" are the size of a regulation football and are not covers heh heh lol.

Originally Posted by Chebosto
make sure you get the high end JDM caliper covers.

don't skimp out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-Aluminu...ht_3573wt_1163

hoooo-leeee sheeeet. ^^ out of control.. i cant believe.. wait.. yes i can believe it. Saweet.

this thread wins todays Homer award:

Old 12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Know Any Good Caliper Covers?

So, I just got these SICK 18" Chrome TSW rims for christmas (I'm still only 18, guys), but they show the calipers ALOT, and they just look dirty as hell. I'm really looking into getting the calipers painted, or some caliper covers. I'm trying to stay someone inexpensive, maybe $125 or less, but everything on Ebay seems to have the Brembo logo on it, and i do not have Brembo brakes, and that'd just be a wanna-be move. So please give me some input on what you have or what you've seen. I have a silver 350z, and I'm aiming for red calipers, but if you know something sleeker, let me know! Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:52 PM
AshMan
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

I would recommend just cleaning your stock calipers & save your money for a bbk. Caliper covers would be a wanna be move too, in my opinion.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by AshMan
I would recommend just cleaning your stock calipers & save your money for a bbk. Caliper covers would be a wanna be move too, in my opinion.
Why do you say caliper covers are a wanna-be move? I'm just trying to clean them up.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:57 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by Teha99
Ok guys, I get it I guess even no brand name covers are bad...

I did clear coat it. It looks good but only asks good as those puny calipers can look. I was simply trying find a better look since I blew my savings on the car itself lol.

I'm not a 13 year old troll, I am actually 18 and i know you guys hate teens with Z's but I am not a spoiled brat with a dad who bought me the car, I worked to pay for it.

Anyways, the general opinion seems that it would seem like rice...
Thank God I'm not the only 18 year old who was looking for a caliper cover not to look like a wanna-be racer, but to clean up the look. Damn, these people are harsh.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saw a z with the red brembo covers today...somewhat did not look bad lol
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by AshMan
Agreed…avoid them at all cost!! If you can't afford a bbk(which is ok, save up for them) just stick with your OEM calipers…spend your time and money cleaning them up and just have a clean set of OEM calipers, nothing wrong with this...

Originally Posted by MackinzeeBarnes
Why do you say caliper covers are a wanna-be move? I'm just trying to clean them up.
very wanna-be, it's an excuse, and the second anyone figures out that you put covers on them it'll make you (as a person) look very bad...

Last edited by bealljk; 12-30-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by bealljk
Agreed…avoid them at all cost!! If you can't afford a bbk(which is ok, save up for them) just stick with your OEM calipers…spend your time and money on cleaning them up and just have a clean set of OEM calipers.

very wanna-be, it's an excuse, and the second anyone figures out that you put covers on them it'll make you (as a person) look very bad...
I didn't think they were supposed to make it look like you have some fancy fake stuff on your car, I thought they were to make it look clean. I guess i didn't see the poser factor about it. I don't think anyone understand what I'm trying to say. but anyways, what exactly are these BBK's everyone's talking about?
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Caliper covers? The thought alone should get you banned. If you go through with it, well, the gif below will take it from here.

Now, paint would be your best option on your budget. Since the calipers look like chit already (stock form) you don't want to go and bring attention to them with a flashy color like red, orange, etc. Stick with black or silver and call it a day.

Last edited by AroundMyHorn; 12-30-2012 at 05:02 PM.
R350Zz33

how many threads are you gonna make in one night how about u fix ur no start problem first better yet sell the z buy a civic and paint your drums
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
AroundMyHorn

Thank God I'm not the only 18 year old who was looking for a caliper cover not to look like a wanna-be racer, but to clean up the look. Damn, these people are harsh.
We are not harsh, we tell the truth. You should actually be thanking us for saving you from ricing out the beloved z.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
We are not harsh, we tell the truth. You should actually be thanking us for saving you from ricing out the beloved z.
Oh yes, thank you.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by R350Zz33
how many threads are you gonna make in one night how about u fix ur no start problem first better yet sell the z buy a civic and paint your drums
What the hell is your problem, dude? It's a forum. Take a freaking chill pill.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, these people are harsh.
Nope. Painting your calipers will be far better, and don't go with a loud color.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
Caliper covers? The thought alone should get you banned. If you go through with it, well, the gif below will take it from here.

Now, paint would be your best option on your budget. Since the calipers look like chit already (stock form) you don't want to go and bring attention to them with a flashy color like red, orange, etc. Stick with black or silver and call it a day.
Yeah, I'm just gonna leave them alone and clean them up a bit. People freaked out on my for caliper covers; all I wanted was for them to look clean. I didn't think the intention of them was to make them look like something they're not. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM
herrschaft

^This must be your first forum.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:15 PM
AroundMyHorn

Yeah, I'm just gonna leave them alone and clean them up a bit. People freaked out on my for caliper covers; all I wanted was for them to look clean. I didn't think the intention of them was to make them look like something they're not. Thanks for the input.
Good idea and glad we could help.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
MackinzeeBarnes

Originally Posted by herrschaft
^This must be your first forum.
Yep, and not my best experience so far.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't think the caliper covers are such a bad idea. MGP makes some pretty good looking covers but they are a little more expensive than you are looking to spend. I think they are around $200 per set.

I get a lot of harassment on the forums because of my painted calipers. I have had them red for about 9 years now and I suspect they will be red for much longer. Here is a picture of mine. The Z is sitting in my garage with the Battery Tender connected and it will be hibernating until spring.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Disaster averted!

OP, refer to this thread to give your stock calipers a little freshing up:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...-calipers.html

I wouldn't suggest painting them red but black or silver are completely acceptable and you won't look like a poser who couldn't afford the Brembos or an aftermarket BBK

Quick Reply: Fake BBK Caliper Covers