Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Top Speed coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
regina350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Speed coilovers?

are these coil-overs any good if anyone knows. thanks!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:22 AM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump
Old 03-24-2012, 12:27 AM
-Trav-

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Theyre 560 dollars good...
Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

They are one of the cheapist coilovers , what do you think. KW V1 would be the cheapist ones I would think of buying.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:08 AM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

There's a long thread somewhere on here about them. A lot of good reviews actually. You can search
Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
nofrey

mdu's have good reviews...thats what im getting
Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM
1991ls13

Alot of good reviews? Where, I myself do hours everyday of research and only found One thread that has reviews and thats a g35forum that i found and they were`OK`. Good for 560 but are they good compared to megan tracks or stance? Probably not, Lets get some other reviews here! I just hope there not another godspeed coilover(poping and clunking) everytime you hit a crack in the road.

Please by all means, link us to the
A lot of good reviews actually
Old 03-27-2012, 05:07 PM
chrisman287

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
Alot of good reviews? Where, I myself do hours everyday of research and only found One thread that has reviews and thats a g35forum that i found and they were`OK`. Good for 560 but are they good compared to megan tracks or stance? Probably not, Lets get some other reviews here! I just hope there not another godspeed coilover(poping and clunking) everytime you hit a crack in the road.

Please by all means, link us to the
Do you know how to use the advanced search?

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...-shipping.html

There are plenty of reviews in there.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:28 PM
-Trav-

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put it this way..if all you want is to slam the car and have little regard for performance or longevity, you might as well go for it. Just keep your old shocks handy in case you need to send these out under warranty (1 year).
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
JaE35z

there's so many guys on here that are riding on them but don't post much...i'm gonna send a few a pm and have them chime in
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
1991ls13

^ please do, I`ve been wanting to hear about them. And as of that link, That is a fs vendor thread and I`ve seen it, wrote on it and out my name on the list....Remind me of where on there are a ton of reviews besides the one i mentioned already about the g35forum. Thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
JaE35z

If you search outside of this forum you'll find a crap ton of reviews...lot of people on stance works are rolling on them and i believe they started with the swang and bang z crew..i've sent a couple of people on here i know of with them msgs to post in here...there's huge threads on g35driver about these as well as a massive "pirates coil overs thread...

few images i snagged from stanceworks of these on a G, they can go Low as hell

Old 03-27-2012, 09:09 PM
shaddy-z.

Hey guys! I was pm'd to talk about my experience on my old MDU coil overs. I have since moved on to other coil overs, only because I'm drift prepping my car and needed a true type coil over so I could run a toe arm. Overall the coil overs were fantastic while I had them. My car was slammed during the time and I mean slammed. I scraped pulling into my garage and that was after I scraped the living hell out of my driveway. Despite me being pretty low, they rode great. The ride was night and day different from stock and the adjustability of height was nice. The dampening however only made a slight difference so I just kept them at stiff all the time and it was still very smooth.
Now, with all that being said this should be your deciding factor - what are you going to be using the car for? If you're going to be just using it as a daily driver then these would be just fine. No reason to really spend high dollar on something you're just going to be cruising in. If you are going to be tracking the car as much as possible then I would look I into other coilovers for a higher spring rate and better dampening. My spring rates were 10k/7k and while body roll was gone during everyday driving, if I were to really push the car to its limits then I would want something even more, get what I'm saying? The coil overs can drop the car on the ground if you want, so from me ride height and ride quality is a go from me!
The only problems I ever had were that they started to rattle after a while, but I just took them off and tightened the ball joint because they were loose. Nothing severe! Best of luck guys let me know if you have any other questions you can either PM me or just reply.

I see you found pictures of Swang and Bangs cars. For those that don't know Swang and bang is a stance car crew here in Texas. They were slammed before anybody, and before it was cool. A lot of the owners sold their stance coilovers and went with MDU's because they worked good enough for them. That G eventually sold his MDU coilovers and went with an air setup.

Last edited by shaddy-z.; 03-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
JaE35z

Thanks for chiming in!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM
ALO8

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
Hey guys! I was pm'd to talk about my experience on my old MDU coil overs. I have since moved on to other coil overs, only because I'm drift prepping my car and needed a true type coil over so I could run a toe arm. Overall the coil overs were fantastic while I had them. My car was slammed during the time and I mean slammed. I scraped pulling into my garage and that was after I scraped the living hell out of my driveway. Despite me being pretty low, they rode great. The ride was night and day different from stock and the adjustability of height was nice. The dampening however only made a slight difference so I just kept them at stiff all the time and it was still very smooth.
Now, with all that being said this should be your deciding factor - what are you going to be using the car for? If you're going to be just using it as a daily driver then these would be just fine. No reason to really spend high dollar on something you're just going to be cruising in. If you are going to be tracking the car as much as possible then I would look I into other coilovers for a higher spring rate and better dampening. My spring rates were 10k/7k and while body roll was gone during everyday driving, if I were to really push the car to its limits then I would want something even more, get what I'm saying? The coil overs can drop the car on the ground if you want, so from me ride height and ride quality is a go from me!
The only problems I ever had were that they started to rattle after a while, but I just took them off and tightened the ball joint because they were loose. Nothing severe! Best of luck guys let me know if you have any other questions you can either PM me or just reply.

I see you found pictures of Swang and Bangs cars. For those that don't know Swang and bang is a stance car crew here in Texas. They were slammed before anybody, and before it was cool. A lot of the owners sold their stance coilovers and went with MDU's because they worked good enough for them. That G eventually sold his MDU coilovers and went with an air setup.
do you know if they are able to be true type as well as oem style? Top speeds are said to be true type and can be converted to oem style as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 AM
tkuntz

it's about time someone else chimed in on these coils im very sceptical about them for one reason and one reason only... they're $560. More reviews the better, keep'm comin!!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:33 AM
JaE35z

Originally Posted by xxxlino
do you know if they are able to be true type as well as oem style? Top speeds are said to be true type and can be converted to oem style as well.
they do true style and perform better that way...my homies car on mdu's true style

http://static-mode.com/wp/?p=166
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM
1991ls13

+1, they come both ways, true and oem. Myself will be ordering the true set of for the obvious reasons. There are about 50 people including myself on t he waiting list for these. More reviews the better.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

I've got no 1st hand experience with these coilovers, but I'd avoid them. Before coming to Vivid, I worked for a pretty popular coilover company. It's one of the cheaper brands, but their coilovers perform well for the price and are pretty good quality. Even after a falling out w/ the owner, I still attempted to sell the product for my 1st month or so at Vivid, that's how much I believe in the product.

So, with all that said... I know what it costs to make a decent coilover. There's no way that these Top Speeds are on the same level in terms of quality and performance. It's just not possible, based on what I know of the coilover industry. They're cutting corners somewhere. Either they don't have any engineers to pay, or they're using shoddy materials, or they're manufacturing in a sub-par facility.

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Valving and spring rates for OEM style are drastically different than "true-type." I wonder what all this conversion entails.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; 03-28-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
1991ls13

Thanks for your input, but.....what is the cheaper brand coils did you work for? I`m sure your still talking about ones that are probably twice the amount. One thing that actually gets me thinking is the guys from stance....if they ride with them, they cant be peices of crap, they might not be vivids brand that 1200-1400$ or 1200$ stance that are ideal for tracking.....From what i read, these seem like decent coilovers, for the price. Mainly meant to slam, and DD while sometime seeing the track to have fun, not compete....I`m having high hopes for these and hope to get some reviews before i get my set in April.

Quick Reply: Top Speed coilovers?