Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo brake help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Gmancoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo brake help!

Hey I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to start out with a question I have had. So I have an 08 enthusiast Z and it didn't come with the brembo brake system naturally. So I was wondering what exactly I would have to do to get the same system that is on the GT 08 version. Same color and everything. I was looking into this:
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/bremb...t=BigBrakeKits
But I don't like the choice in caliper colors.

Last edited by Gmancoop; 04-12-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
JPT0117

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I missing something? you want a brembo BBK. So buy one and have it installed. What's the problem?

If you dont like the colors have them painted or go with another brand.

Last edited by JPT0117; 04-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant_Coop
Hey I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to start out with a question I have had. So I have an 08 enthusiast Z and it didn't come with the brembo brake system naturally. So I was wondering what exactly I would have to do to get the same system that is on the GT 08 version. Same color and everything. I was looking into this:
That's a BREMBO BIG BRAKE KIT (Grand Turismo)..not the stock Brembo set up on the Grand Touring. Is that what you're talking about? Huge difference in price. You can get take offs if you shop around in the market place here...or on the G35 forums. I understand Brembos are interchangeable for all years on the 350Z/G35.

Last edited by ronn1; 04-12-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by ronn1
That's a BREMBO BIG BRAKE KIT (Grand Turismo)..not the stock Brembo set up on the Grand Touring. Is that what you're talking about? Huge difference in price. You can get take offs if you shop around in the market place here...or on the G35 forums. I understand Brembos are interchangeable for all years on the 350Z/G35.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Two different things OP

There are already several threads on the Brembo upgrade for you to search for
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Gmancoop

Okay I understand now. My thought is that I want the same kit that comes with the GT 08 version. Anyone have a clue where to find those?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eBay
Old 04-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Kuhan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gmancoop
Okay I understand now. My thought is that I want the same kit that comes with the GT 08 version. Anyone have a clue where to find those?
Why did you have to create another account?

And yes, you can find oem Brembo's on here or on eBay. Or you can pay full retail price at your dealership.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Gmancoop

Originally Posted by Kuhan

And yes, you can find oem Brembo's on here or on eBay. Or you can pay full retail price at your dealership.
Haha man I totally didn't even realize I did that. Man my bad haha that's funny though.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha man I totally didn't even realize I did that. Man my bad haha that's funny though.
Brembo's aren't that much better than what you have on your 08 now..seriously. The 08 brakes were updated in 06 and are a big improvement over previous years. Ask yourself>>> what are you looking for here?
If you want a simple upgrade, then get Stoptech Slotted Cryo rotors, SS brake lines and Stoptech Performance Pads. All this will cost you $600. PM me and I'll give you vendors. The next step up would be a Stoptech Big Brake on the Front only...Cryo slotted rotors on the back. That's what I have now.
Yes, you can convert to Brembo all around for around $1000 (used), but you're not going to gain that much as far as performance..given you have an 08 set up already. I was considering Brembo conversion and went with set up I just mentioned.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 AM
Gmancoop

Originally Posted by ronn1
Brembo's aren't that much better than what you have on your 08 now..seriously. The 08 brakes were updated in 06 and are a big improvement over previous years. Ask yourself>>> what are you looking for here?
If you want a simple upgrade, then get Stoptech Slotted Cryo rotors, SS brake lines and Stoptech Performance Pads. All this will cost you $600. PM me and I'll give you vendors. The next step up would be a Stoptech Big Brake on the Front only...Cryo slotted rotors on the back. That's what I have now.
Yes, you can convert to Brembo all around for around $1000 (used), but you're not going to gain that much as far as performance..given you have an 08 set up already. I was considering Brembo conversion and went with set up I just mentioned.
Yeah I think I would eventually like to move towards a big brake kit, don't know what brand yet. But my friend has an 08 same as me but he has the GT version. Every time I look at his brembos I wish I had them. So I think I'll probably just go with brembo because of a couple of reasons:
1. I like them
2. Good stopping power and I have tested his 350 compared to mine
3. The looks are a lot better than mine.
4. Planning on upgrading so I'm not to worried about price difference in the long run.
Anyways thanks for the replies.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I was able to find a set of OEM Brembos in good shape here in the marketplace about a year ago. Just troll the marketplace every day and jump on a good set when they come up. Or check ebay as others have mentioned.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Accounts merged
Old 11-21-2012, 03:37 PM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't get the factory Brembos. Seriously. I have them and the only purpose they serve is that I get to say "Yeah, I've got the Brembos". lol. Ronn1 gave the best option if you're going to UPGRADE your brakes. If you just want Brembos, that's something different. I made sure the car I bought had them, but I don't use them...I mean, obviously I brake, but they literally serve no further purpose than the other options would. I don't drift any better because of them. It's really just cool to say I have them. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste the money.

If you're tracking your car, that's something different.