Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Adjustable ride height

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012 | 06:06 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SDGenius
look man, your rear is no where near low PERIOD. you act like an extra inch will get you low, it won't, for you to actually get low, you will be hitting the LCA. yes, avoiding accidents is measured in the milliseconds, yes 3 seconds is far from ideal.

I am not looking to go hellaretardflush, -3 degrees camber and stretched tires.

1" more at the fender..........is not 1" at the spring. You keep exposing your lack of suspension geometry.

LOL at you seriously saying that you use the system to avoid obstacles while driving. If you're going slow enough to react and inflate you're going slow enough to just dodge. Ill be sure to time my set up for you if it will shut you up. Do you have your inflate switch mounted like a NOS button or something?
Old 06-26-2012 | 06:12 PM
SDGenius

Originally Posted by Cux350z
I am not looking to go hellaretardflush, -3 degrees camber and stretched tires.

1" more at the fender..........is not 1" at the spring. You keep exposing your lack of suspension geometry.

LOL at you seriously saying that you use the system to avoid obstacles while driving. If you're going slow enough to react and inflate you're going slow enough to just dodge. Ill be sure to time my set up for you if it will shut you up. Do you have your inflate switch mounted like a NOS button or something?
wow, so butt hurt. if your intention isn't to get low, why get cups? i understand perfectly well that 1" fender isn't 1" of spring... i guess i need to break it down for you; your spring will compress when you drive over bumps, a soft taller spring will hit, a short stiff spring will hit. well anything soft or short enough to actually go low, you might as well be on on springs at that height. keep getting mad, it will magically make the aluminum stronger, the design better and hell, if you jack into your lines maybe the steam will lift your car quicker.
Old 06-26-2012 | 06:15 PM
SDGenius

yeah, you can't swerve away from a dip that goes across the length of the road, you also can't swerve into a lane w/someone in it. not that hard to understand, stop getting mad at me and tell EA or SonicMS help you w/your rage.
Old 06-26-2012 | 06:21 PM
SDGenius

seriously just trying to help people, even you, no need to get on all defensive, you didn't design the kit and i surly hope you didn't pay full price.
Old 06-26-2012 | 06:28 PM
SDGenius

i raised honest pricing concerns on SonicMS's FS thread, they even understood. i warned you about my clearance concerns in the rear, which you shared. on here, in a general thread about air lifters i just stated a few facts that expose genuine issues w/the EA design, i've even got as far as to state that i'm sure it's a solid kit, not calling it garbage. just pointing out things as i see them. you on the other hand have been taking **** way too seriously/personally.
Old 06-26-2012 | 06:47 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

wow, so butt hurt. if your intention isn't to get low, why get cups? i understand perfectly well that 1" fender isn't 1" of spring... i guess i need to break it down for you; your spring will compress when you drive over bumps, a soft taller spring will hit, a short stiff spring will hit. well anything soft or short enough to actually go low, you might as well be on on springs at that height. keep getting mad, it will magically make the aluminum stronger, the design better and hell, if you jack into your lines maybe the steam will lift your car quicker.
Um, its not like your car is low either. When i finish my setup our cars will have similar tire/fender clearances. You act like your car is a king of stance. For me, the cups are meant to get my car out of my driveway and into parking lots/places. Bottoming out into the cup is a concern for sure, the right spring must be chosen to make it work.

yeah, you can't swerve away from a dip that goes across the length of the road, you also can't swerve into a lane w/someone in it. not that hard to understand, stop getting mad at me and tell EA or SonicMS help you w/your rage.
Slow down........brakes do wonders. Do let yourself get boxed in.

My rage? Very comical. You came on the 350z boards and cast the first stone. You have been pushing VRH so hard you are about to prolapse. Tell ravi to get his arrogant self on here and release some tech specs. Its easy to pick apart a product when its tech specs are out in the open vs the HUSH HUSH VRH, only assemble in house kits.

seriously just trying to help people, even you, no need to get on all defensive, you didn't design the kit and i surly hope you didn't pay full price.
What i paid for it is between me and EA. Just trying to help by doing what? Turning everyone onto VRH to deal with Ravi? Even you yourself said he was a pain.

i raised honest pricing concerns on SonicMS's FS thread, they even understood. i warned you about my clearance concerns in the rear, which you shared. on here, in a general thread about air lifters i just stated a few facts that expose genuine issues w/the EA design, i've even got as far as to state that i'm sure it's a solid kit, not calling it garbage. just pointing out things as i see them. you on the other hand have been taking **** way too seriously/personally.
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

EA has also run their cup on a true type rear coilover on a G35. Roberuta, Top secret have as well.

I will make sure to measure the up/down time for the system.
Old 06-27-2012 | 04:42 AM
nismo4life11

I also dont understand the point either.... if your not low enough that you are worrying about smashing in your oil pan or destroying your jdm only lip that you paid big $$$$ for why bother. If your doing this for the one time you scrape in your driveway screw it let it scrape. 4k on something to just get out of your driveway is ridiculous IMO. See I know what low is my car has less than a .5 clearence underneath it. Yea its heeeellerfrackinflush blah blah blah your bashing on the people that would be interested in the kit in the first place. See my car needed a adjustable ride height heres a picture of it STATIC and keep in mind I live in New england. I find all the points that SDGenius made to be good points and also reasons why I said screw it and am just going full air ride instead. On a side note theres a reason why SDGenius has a feature in canibeat his stance the rarity of his parts and the quality of his build are all spot on so until your car is a featured car I'd watch who your bashing.
Attached Thumbnails Adjustable ride height-img_5246.jpg  

Last edited by nismo4life11; 06-27-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2012 | 06:22 AM
SDGenius

^thanks man, i appreciate it. if people go back and read my posts, they'll see that on SonicMS's FS thread i didn't even mention Umbrella, on Cux350z's thread i only expressed concerns that even he admittedly shared, and on here all i've done is point out some real issues mostly related to gimmicky marketing. i'm not pushing Umbrella but that's what i have experience with. i have issues with EA charging premium prices w/o justification, they've(SonicMS) come out and said that they are marketing their kit as highend setup and not a budget one. if not something similar to what happened to Momentum could happen again, a lot of marketing and fanboys hyped up a mediocre turbo kit to be the best thing since sliced bread. i've said enough on the subject, take my words as you will, it's your car and your money. i have already stated that SonicMS has great customer service/people skills, some people are willing to pay top dollar for that, especially in the realm of forum vendors.

Last edited by SDGenius; 06-27-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-27-2012 | 07:30 AM
nismo4life11

Nah I got ya just trying to inform the public I do the same thing with products I've used. Its good to get multiple opinions on products and since your familiar with this type of product its nice to see what issues you think it may have etc. I'm sure that since Cux is one of the first to use this really and do an actual install thread that he will give us updates on how he is enjoying the product so we can see some long term opinions. I'm not all for the handling and what not so this wasn’t an option for me after I read you cant ride with it inflated but to each his own. I'll be doing a full how-to/opinion thread on air ride in the near future with install pictures prices initial reaction and long term review after my setup is complete so that people can get more of an idea what that route is about also.
Old 06-27-2012 | 07:54 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Originally Posted by nismo4life11
On a side note theres a reason why SDGenius has a feature in canibeat his stance the rarity of his parts and the quality of his build are all spot on so until your car is a featured car I'd watch who your bashing.
LOL! Seriously?

I am not bashing him. Just tired of his blatant unwarranted negativity. He came out the gate strong against EA's product and is standing behind the door with Ravi with a closed box of secret details for VRH. It's easy to pick on a product that is open vs one that is super secret.

Congrats on the feature in Canibeat.......Your stance is not that aggressive. I wouldn't even consider it a FEAT compared to what is posted in the aggressive wheels threads. Just my opinion.

And honestly who is really impressed by internet features? they're not that hard to come by. Its about who you know and where you're located. There are several cars nicer than that one that may never be "featured".

^thanks man, i appreciate it. if people go back and read my posts, they'll see that on SonicMS's FS thread i didn't even mention Umbrella, on Cux350z's thread i only expressed concerns that even he admittedly shared, and on here all i've done is point out some real issues mostly related to gimmicky marketing. i'm not pushing Umbrella but that's what i have experience with. i have issues with EA charging premium prices w/o justification, they've(SonicMS) come out and said that they are marketing their kit as highend setup and not a budget one. if not something similar to what happened to Momentum could happen again, a lot of marketing and fanboys hyped up a mediocre turbo kit to be the best thing since sliced bread. i've said enough on the subject, take my words as you will, it's your car and your money. i have already stated that SonicMS has great customer service/people skills, some people are willing to pay top dollar for that, especially in the realm of forum vendors.
So your biggest hangup is 3 seconds and price?

My car my money. If I want to use it to get out of my driveway that is my choice. Had Ravi been willing to work with me 2 yrs ago I would be using VRH for the same thing.
Old 06-27-2012 | 08:24 AM
SDGenius

^wow cux, ur reading way too far into all of this. you yourself admitted the price should come down. yes, it's overpriced for what you actually get. that's my problem, i'm not saying the kit is crap. it's just priced above better kits. there's nothing to justify the price over what's already available and proven. it provides no advantages in materials, tech, or functionality, it should be priced accordingly.

as for my car, you're reaching... i'm pretty sure even if i was featured in every magazine on the shelf you'd still say it wasn't **** because being the true internet warrior that you are, you value winning thread battles over just being a car enthusiast.
Old 06-27-2012 | 08:43 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Did i say your car was ugly? No. Your car is very clean and a well executed car. Ill be honest, the main thing that bugs me about your car is the shift **** and boot on a 5at.

Since the discussion about stance was brought up, your stance was being touted as extreme which IMO it is not compared to what has been posted on here and G35 Driver.
Old 06-27-2012 | 09:00 AM
SDGenius

stance isn't about maxed out aggressiveness to me, it's about being dialed in. as for the shifter, i felt that the OEM shifter was dated looking so i chose to give it a more clean/classic look. not like i'm trying to be 6MT, since i clearly have paddle shifters
Old 06-27-2012 | 09:11 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

I like your stance.

I guess the recent push has been for anything to be "sittin proper" is to be dumped. Hellaflush illest stancenation stanceworks ect ect.
Old 09-15-2012 | 05:58 PM
D1GP

I spoke to the guys at Platinum VIP and their Phantom Cup Suspension offers front and rear for us guys with separate spring and shock rear suspension. And it's $2,500 for the complete front and rear kit.

www.phantomsuspension.com