Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Ride quality of Eibach Pro springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 PM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ride quality of Eibach Pro springs

I know there are several shocks that one can pair up with the Eibach Pro springs. I believe the springs lower the 350z 1 inch in the front and rear. How is the ride quality of the Eibach Pro Springs compared to OEM springs on a 2004.5 z?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 AM
ZROCM

Originally Posted by ZROCM
I know there are several shocks that one can pair up with the Eibach Pro springs. I believe the springs lower the 350z 1 inch in the front and rear. How is the ride quality of the Eibach Pro Springs compared to OEM springs on a 2004.5 z?
Also wondering if anyone has tried the B12 Pro-kit which includes Bilstein dampers and the Eibach Pro springs.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:57 AM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

ride is nice on my 07.. stock shocks
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
ronn1

I have ProKit springs on the rear only with my Nismo S tune shocks. The fronts still have S tune springs. Perfect set up. The S tune rear springs were too stiff for my taste and didn't lower enough. You can't go wrong with Prokit springs. They are about equal in spring rate to revised 04.5 rears and a bit stiffer up front and will lower car a bit over an inch. Ride quality is good (as far as rears go for me).
Old 05-25-2013, 11:54 AM
ronn1

Also wondering if anyone has tried the B12 Pro-kit which includes Bilstein dampers and the Eibach Pro springs.
I've seen those kits for the Z for $770..not bad. Includes Bilstein B6 (HD) shocks and Pro Kit springs. Separately they would run around $1100. There is also a B12 Sportline Kit (haven't seen it actually for sale though) that includes B8 shocks (same as B6, but shorter piston for lower springs) and Sportline springs. Both kits are called B12 though. I may eventually get this kit when my Nismo S-tune shocks wear out.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 AM
ZROCM

Originally Posted by ronn1
I've seen those kits for the Z for $770..not bad. Includes Bilstein B6 (HD) shocks and Pro Kit springs. Separately they would run around $1100. There is also a B12 Sportline Kit (haven't seen it actually for sale though) that includes B8 shocks (same as B6, but shorter piston for lower springs) and Sportline springs. Both kits are called B12 though. I may eventually get this kit when my Nismo S-tune shocks wear out.
I spoke with reps at Bilstein and Eibach and both said that the B12 Pro-Kit for the 350z includes a revalved B8 shock.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 AM
ZROCM

I have a set of TC-Kline dual adjustable shocks that I only tried for about 100 miles. I'm going to sell these. If you are aware of anyone who is interested in them, please let me know. When I have some time, I'll place them in the marketplace section.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM
ZROCM

Originally Posted by 350zchad
ride is nice on my 07.. stock shocks
Good to here that the ride is nice, Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 AM
ZROCM

I have ProKit springs on the rear only with my Nismo S tune shocks. The fronts still have S tune springs. Perfect set up. The S tune rear springs were too stiff for my taste and didn't lower enough. You can't go wrong with Prokit springs. They are about equal in spring rate to revised 04.5 rears and a bit stiffer up front and will lower car a bit over an inch. Ride quality is good (as far as rears go for me).
Good to here that the Prokit springs should work out. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
ronn1

I spoke with reps at Bilstein and Eibach and both said that the B12 Pro-Kit for the 350z includes a revalved B8 shock.
This definitely needs clarification. As far as I know, the Prokit versions are b6 shocks and the Sportline versions are b12 which have a shorter shaft. Both are valved the same. There are no Sportline versions available for the 350Z.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Noor93y

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also thinking about getting these but i heard that these springs (springs in general) will drastically decrease shock life. was wondering if this is true or just a bunch of BS

If anyone has them please share your opinion
Old 06-11-2013, 05:37 AM
GothamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive had the pro's on my 05 for about 5 years, stock struts. At first, rides excellent, after time, it starts getting worse and worse. Now, struts are basically shot, time to get coilovers for me. Of course, this will happen with basically any lowering spring and stock strut combo. But all in all, I like eibach products, have ran them on most of my cars.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
stuartc323

This definitely needs clarification. As far as I know, the Prokit versions are b6 shocks and the Sportline versions are b12 which have a shorter shaft. Both are valved the same. There are no Sportline versions available for the 350Z.
Both kits have the same shock. The b8s are a version of the B6 shocks, but they are to valved and the shock is shortened to handle lowering on cars.
The only diffrence with the kits is that one uses eibach sportline springs and the other uses eibach pro kit springs. If you want a beast of a suspension buy the kit and just replace the springs on the perches with custom springs such as swift, hypercoil or eibach ers/ess springs

Originally Posted by Noor93y
also thinking about getting these but i heard that these springs (springs in general) will drastically decrease shock life. was wondering if this is true or just a bunch of BS

If anyone has them please share your opinion
Springs will decrease shock life if they overpower the shock. Lowering springs will overpower stock shocks, mainly because stockers were not meant for lowering and they arent valved for that type of abuse. If you get some good performance shocks such as the bilstein b8s or the koni yellows, you will be fine. You can also ride on stock shocks, IF the drop is shorter than an inch, you go more than an inch your gonna need camber kits, toe arms, a-arms, etc. and better shocks.

Originally Posted by GothamZ
Ive had the pro's on my 05 for about 5 years, stock struts. At first, rides excellent, after time, it starts getting worse and worse. Now, struts are basically shot, time to get coilovers for me. Of course, this will happen with basically any lowering spring and stock strut combo. But all in all, I like eibach products, have ran them on most of my cars.

Not true ^

You just need to match the proper shocks with the proper springs, and in your case you were just using the wrong shocks. Pick up some bilstein b8s or the Koni yellows and you will be ok.

Last edited by stuartc323; 06-11-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 AM
GothamZ

I know that. I said in my case I am using stock struts. Any time you put a lowering spring on a STOCK oem strut, over time its going to wear it out. If I had koni's or bilstein's of course it would ride fine, that's what those shocks are for, but the oem's aren't going to hold up with a lowering spring.