Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

0 camber issues?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 07:45 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by grug1
PS: you need to sue your grade teacher. 0 degrees is neither positive or negative, it holds a neutral or zero value ( hence why it's referred to as 0)
Did you read what he bolded? LOL. negative 1.3 is not equal to 0. Your math is a little shaky. lol

Anywho, OP, 3 tires in one year is not a camber issue. I run -7rear and -4front and I've gone through 1 REAR set in just over a year. And I really could've flipped them and still ran but since they're on stock wheels, I'm like NFG. And, they're used tires btw. On my "special" wheels, I run Falkens and those specs and I'm still good to go. You want to look into something else. It's inconceivable that camber will do that. My car pulls a bit to the right also, just fyi.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:50 AM
grug1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Did you read what he bolded? LOL. negative 1.3 is not equal to 0. Your math is a little shaky. lol

i.
...and your comprehension of written language is way off. He was referring to my advice to the OP to run ' positive camber' (sic) which he assumes is 0 deg as opposed to what I now run which is 1.3 deg neg. sometimes it's worth reading down the page rather than the last post or you run the risk of compounding a mistake on top of another.

Now seriously, does anyone who confesses to running 7 degrees negative camber really have any credibility in a discussion on handling?

WOW! This forum is really special!!

Last edited by grug1; 09-14-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 AM
driftsucky

Not to correct you, but your response quoted his usage of bold. I then, quoted THAT. Maybe it is you whom should brush up on your reading comprehension.

Here's another quick point, I didn't mention handling. I checked. I didn't think I did but I assumed you got it from somewhere and not just pulled it out of your ****. I was wrong. I guess if I stretch, we can take my mentioning of my car pulling to the right as a handling issue even though it's more about alignment and further enforces the tire wear argument. But let's not split hairs at this point. If you actually read what I wrote, my post (after pointing out your shaky math), was focused purely on tire wear.

But, be encouraged in the fact that I would not have any credibility in a discussion about handling. Fortunately for all of us, we are not currently having such a discussion.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My fronts are at -2.5 and I've been on this set for over 2 years. My rears went 1.5 years at -2.5 before replacing them. Now I'm -2.5/f and -2.0/r 275/35/18 Front 275/40/18 Rear. In my opinion my car feels a lot closer to neutral, and I get a lot of miles out of my tires.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:22 PM
grug1

Not to correct you, but your response quoted his usage of bold. I then, quoted THAT. Maybe it is you whom should brush up on your reading comprehension.

Here's another quick point, I didn't mention handling. I checked. I didn't think I did but I assumed you got it from somewhere and not just pulled it out of your ****. I was wrong. I guess if I stretch, we can take my mentioning of my car pulling to the right as a handling issue even though it's more about alignment and further enforces the tire wear argument. But let's not split hairs at this point. If you actually read what I wrote, my post (after pointing out your shaky math), was focused purely on tire wear.

But, be encouraged in the fact that I would not have any credibility in a discussion about handling. Fortunately for all of us, we are not currently having such a discussion.

LOL
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Z-Crazy

I suggest studying the tire wear pattern before changing to 0 camber. Also check if the toe is out of spec. Toe is something that can eat your tires lot faster.

It will also help to know which tires did you use in the past.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:57 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-Crazy
I suggest studying the tire wear pattern before changing to 0 camber. Also check if the toe is out of spec. Toe is something that can eat your tires lot faster.

It will also help to know which tires did you use in the past.
I would love to see the pics of his worn out tires.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 AM
stuartc323

PS: you need to sue your grade teacher. 0 degrees is neither positive or negative, it holds a neutral or zero value ( hence why it's referred to as 0)
So going from -1.3 to 0 isnt a positive fucntion?

thank you ^

...and your comprehension of written language is way off. He was referring to my advice to the OP to run ' positive camber' (sic) which he assumes is 0 deg as opposed to what I now run which is 1.3 deg neg

WOW! This forum is really special!!

No i wasnt, your telling him to go from the stock camber of -1 to running 0 telling him to run positive camber.

from my many years of calculus and statistics, -1 + 1 = 0, Idk how they do shiit in Australia but a positive only negates a negative.

Anyways OP, just get your suspension looked at, ZCrazy is right, your toe in the rear could be off, or you might need to buy higher wear rated tires, but performance tires on these cars go in like 10k to 12k miles

Last edited by stuartc323; 09-17-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
grug1

Originally Posted by stuartc323

from my many years of calculus and statistics, -1 + 1 = 0, Idk how they do shiit in Australia but a positive only negates a negative.

miles
Calculus, statistics? Really??

Simple arithmetic would surely suffice.

PS:noticed you thanked the dude who runs 7 degrees negative camber. Just keeps getting better.

Anyway, this is getting a little stale, like shooting fish in a barrel so over and out from me.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
stuartc323

Calculus, statistics? Really??

Simple arithmetic would surely suffice.

PS:noticed you thanked the dude who runs 7 degrees negative camber. Just keeps getting better.

Anyway, this is getting a little stale, like shooting fish in a barrel so over and out from me.

Simple arithmetic would not suffice for you, the concept of positive and negative just goes right over your head, that seems right seeing how simple grammar and comprehension isnt your strong suits, I understand, and if you knew that guy, he is going for looks, not handling, which he already said. Unless you need us to spell it in an accent? maybe that will help?

Anywho please you didnt contribute anything to this thread worth a half a sack of shiit and other members with more knowledge than you have already quoted you and told you you're a dumbass.

Last edited by stuartc323; 09-17-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 PM
grug1

Simple arithmetic would not suffice for you, the concept of positive and negative just goes right over your head, that seems right seeing how simple grammar and comprehension isnt your strong suits, I understand, and if you knew that guy, he is going for looks, not handling, which he already said. Unless you need us to spell it in an accent? maybe that will help?

Anywho please you didnt contribute anything to this thread worth a half a sack of shiit and other members with more knowledge than you have already quoted you and told you you're a dumbass.
...and then goes on to reinforce the stereotype.

To reiterate. You can run anywhere between 0 and 3 degrees neg camber as long as you DRIVE ACCORDING TO THE CAMBER You've got. Push to hard mid corner on too little camber will prematurely wear a tires outer edge .The converse is drive like a granny on too much neg camber and you will get disproportionate wear on the inside of your tire. Strike the right balance between these values that suits YOUR PERSONAL DRIVING STYLE and you will end up with perfect wear across your tire face.

As others have said TOE or specifically toe out is the biggest tire wear killer. Also don't underestimate the benefit of running a road car on less camber with toe in to improve grip, handling and wear. Seems as if toe in gets lost in these discussions.

There you go, no need for esoteric mathematics after all so you can get back to misquoting me and resorting to petty insults if you're self esteem allows it.

Last edited by grug1; 09-17-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

Here's something you guys can argue about. If you currently have negative camber, and someone tells you to "add camber", does that mean you should adjust the camber to be closer to 0 or should you make your camber more negative? Mindfck.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Z-Crazy

Originally Posted by Phenom
Here's something you guys can argue about. If you currently have negative camber, and someone tells you to "add camber", does that mean you should adjust the camber to be closer to 0 or should you make your camber more negative? Mindfck.
Lol are you challenging the math geniuses here by adding gasoline to the flame?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:39 AM
driftsucky

I'm out.

fyi, grug, I'm fully aware of my camber and I'm fully aware of what it's consequences are. Please don't assume that because my car is setup the way it is that I'm unaware of or ignorant to camber, suspension, handling, or drive ability. Please and thank you.

Last edited by driftsucky; 09-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 AM
inesshell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this thread is win. I'm still in for pics of OP tires
Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
stuartc323

LOL add moar camberrrr

I'm out.

fyi, grug, I'm fully aware of my camber and I'm fully aware of what it's consequences are. Please don't assume that because my car is setup the way it is that I'm unaware of or ignorant to camber, suspension, handling, or drive ability. Please and thank you.

I got you bro, you said it and i said that you were going for looks, people cant read or comprehend nowadays.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
grug1

LOL add moar camberrrr

I got you bro, you said it and i said that you were going for looks.
How romantic, and who said true love can't blossom over the Internet lol

Suspension guru, mathematical genius and now online Cassanova. What a smoothie

Last edited by grug1; 09-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 AM
driftsucky

a smoothie is drink. what are you talking about?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:53 AM
stuartc323

Lolol ^
Old 09-28-2013, 02:16 PM
mytramp

I've been kicking this idea around now for a couple of weeks now. Already priced a camber kit from godspeed..... I'm wondering what difference in performance I can expect. I'm thinking it would be similar to driving an old 70's muscle car with posi trac !? Kinda slippery!?!?

Last edited by mytramp; 09-28-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 0 camber issues?