Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Crossover Line

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:39 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brembo Crossover Line

Hey guys, long story short my crossover line was broke off and now one of the calipers have bad thread and some have bad seat. I sent the brakes off to someone to have custom lines fitted, the problem we're having is getting it to seal properly.

I'm currently waiting for them to be worked on, but in case he's unable to get this done is there anyone here that is confident in working with adjacent-angle seals? Or know of a performance shop/machine shop/hydraulic shop that is capable of fixing it? I will of course pay for your time.

The brakes

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:31 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Look in the yellow pages for a shop specializing in hydraulic lines/hoses. For example, here in Tampa there's a place called Amazon Hose, which could do that job while you wait, for just a few $. If you have a choice, Kunifer tubing is the easiest to work with, is corrosion resistant, and is easy to flare. Since you're in NC, there also have to be some race shops in the area which may be able to help. Do you have the line from the other caliper to match? Sounds like the part you have may not be the proper shape, and also that the treads may need to be re-tapped, too.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcains
Look in the yellow pages for a shop specializing in hydraulic lines/hoses. For example, here in Tampa there's a place called Amazon Hose, which could do that job while you wait, for just a few $. If you have a choice, Kunifer tubing is the easiest to work with, is corrosion resistant, and is easy to flare. Since you're in NC, there also have to be some race shops in the area which may be able to help. Do you have the line from the other caliper to match? Sounds like the part you have may not be the proper shape, and also that the treads may need to be re-tapped, too.
thanks for the suggestion, i figured most hydraulic shops wont work on brakes for liability purposes. I already have the custom crossover line, it's just getting the caliper threads right since they are stripped and the flaring tool the guy had wasn't making perfect ends.