Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

unresolved issues with suspension????

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Roxiz0604

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unresolved issues with suspension????

have had some drivetrain and suspension work done and car doesn't feel rite. have had struts all around replaced and a new clutch twice in a year. the camshaft position sensor and the mass airflow sensor replaced. the car feels like the drivers rear and the passengers front are supporting most of the weight of the car like it is almost teetering from front drivers to rear passengers side. i am wondering if could be mechanic error or bent subframe or sway bar. was issue with rear camber arm that got bent, and drivers side wheels bent in center hub so was thinking other parts were bent too.https://my350z.com/forum/images/smilies/suicide.gif
Old 06-04-2014, 05:00 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,303 Likes on 904 Posts

On a problem like this, you really should list the mileage on your Z and whether you had an alignment done after the suspension work. An alignment would usually highlight a bent suspension or subframe component, as the tech would have problems properly aligning the car. Besides that, how did your Z get damaged? Listing parts that got replaced won't really give us a good picture of what happened to the car and make good recommendations.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:57 AM
Roxiz0604

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mileage is 120, 000 the car has been aligned right after suspension work and several other times since in the past 11/2 yrs . The last alignment was about a month ago. I believe it was -40 something on one and +14on other ill have to check for sure but it was pretty outta wack and guessing some reason why its not staying in alignment. The car fax is clean and ive never damaged the vehicle myself. The duration that Ive been trying to pin point the issuses is when I discovered driver wheels bentvin center hub and passenger rear camber arm bent arched up........not sure what or how .....,,,, fall from jack stands or heavy duty side impact???????? Right after the 2nd clucth my mass air and cam postion sensor go out. The first clucth stage 2 jwt the slave cylinder and throw out where to blame I guess pedal stuck to the floor all fluid leaked out ......itsca really long story but after a shop having it for 4mos I got it back and broke down on the way home so another shop some evidence pictures and the financial crime division later got $ back for work not done and had other shop put in 2nd spec stagec2 clutch and ignition sensor........the car still not right sounds bad the sensor go out and I have no reverse now .it will go in reverse but wont stay only if you hold down as hard as you can to prevent popping out. Now there is a sway or chiming especially over bumps that feels like lots of slack or lose something cant pin point what. The original reason it went to the shop 2 yrs ago is still the problem just evidently worsened over time. If I told you the amount in mechincal bills in the oast year and half you wouldnt believe and would think pitty or niave.......its been a long time with an investment that really has nothing to show its very disappointing and I dont trust taking it to anyone else ever again ill do it myself in a dress and heels better than some of the work ive paid for.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,303 Likes on 904 Posts

Sorry to hear about your Z and the issues you've had. Some of what you face, like the bent wheel and rear camber rod, are what happens when someone goes off the road or hits a curb at speed. But the FM chassis is pretty stout and usually takes a good hit without damage before folding up. While 120K is a lot of miles, that in itself is not enough to explain all the problems you have. It's pretty clear your Z has been rode hard and put away wet too many times...

Like many posters on this board, there's no way to properly advise you on an internet forum. The problems you face are just too big. I'd look for a qualified Nissan tech you can afford who can work out the basic issues and pay them for a full assessment. Only then can you decide whether to continue the restoration or not.