Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need help with springs (opinions on small drop options)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 09:38 AM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with springs (opinions on small drop options)

I recently installed a set of B+G suspension springs, bringing my Z down a little over 1" (just barely).

While I love the suspension, I have put myself in a little bit of a pickle.

I can no longer clear the speed bump at my apartment complex, no matter the angle or speed ... and I can just forget about having a passenger while trying to drive over it!

Its not that the springs are TOO low, or sag ... its that the mountain they call a speedbump at my complex is almost an entire INCH taller than most regular speedbumps ... not to mention that the driveway goes slightly uphill, then directly downhill after the speedbump. I can't even park where I need to when I go home.

Now, I am going to be looking for other options, that will lower the car 3/4" or less ... and still give me a comfy Daily Driver ride.

I know there are a ton of options, and lots of posts on it... but I know that the ride that I am looking for is not just a want of mine, but other board members as well. I figure if we can get it all in one post, it would help out.

What I am looking for is something a little softer than the OEM suspension, because I commute in this car every day, and the roads around me aren't perfect. Someone has suggested the Tein S-Tech or H-Tech springs... as well as the Eibach kit.

Any other comments?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:28 PM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another idea for a post (maybe a sticky at the top) would be some sort of grid with as many spring / coilover combos that we could, listing all the typical specs : Drop height, Progressive vs. Linear, Spring rates for F/R, etc...

I'll see if I can gather some info from other posts...
Anyone else that wants to contribute will be good as well