Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Just installed RSR springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed RSR springs

I installed the RSR springs today...honestly I can't really see much of a difference in terms of a drop. I know it's only .6"....Anybody that has these, how long did it take them to settle? Is there a really noticeable difference between those times?

I am considering switching them out for maybe Tein S-Tech, or even Eibach Prokit to get more of the drop I'm looking for...possibly even going Tein Flex.

Any suggestions, opinions, comments?

Also, anybody have any rubbing issues with 19's with something like the prokits that drop the car 1"?

Also, I feel as if the springs should have dropped the car more in the rear, as it is now, the front sits lower.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:01 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

How about the ride/handling, hows that?

S-Techs are approx the same drop, so you may want to look into Espilr, H&R, Eibach, or other 1+ inch kits.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:44 PM
D@ActiveTuning

Ride/handling is fantastic, it feels pretty much stock but a bit tighter.

Yeah, and I think with 1+ " drop, I'd probably want to opt for adjustable coilovers at that point...especially since the car is farely low as is.

I guess we'll see how these settle, but I'm curious how others who installed the springs felt, and how it settled over time.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:52 PM
shinz

I had the S-techs installed a few days ago as well. I really couldn't notice a drop either, and like you said, the car just felt tighter. I'm waiting for these to settle as well, then i want to put my wheels on and see how they look and if needed, i will just go with eibachs.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:37 PM
V35

I had them installed and it i saw a definitie difference. My only setback is that i wish the rear would have dropped a bit lower, but these will be fixed by some Tein Basics after my OEM shocks wear out.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:50 PM
GoSooners

Originally posted by shinz
I had the S-techs installed a few days ago as well. I really couldn't notice a drop either, and like you said, the car just felt tighter. I'm waiting for these to settle as well, then i want to put my wheels on and see how they look and if needed, i will just go with eibachs.
I have the STechs as well, not installed yet though. I was going to get the RSRs instead but I had already bought the Teins. So are the Teins stiffer than stock? Do they absorb the bumps?

D@ActiveTuning, do you wanna trade springs? I'm looking for performance, don't really care about teh drop, but I want to get rid of the Tein STechs. I'm willing to pay extra as I know the RSRs are more.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:26 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Your S-Techs are new in box right? Do you know what the drop rate is on them? .6" front .7" rear, or am I wrong? I'm definitely interested though.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:36 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the Eibachs. I love the drop they gave my car. The ride is excellent as well.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:38 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Originally posted by 350Zteve
I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the Eibachs. I love the drop they gave my car. The ride is excellent as well.
Any squeeking? Do you have any problems clearing anything? What size are your wheels? If they are 19", any issues with rubbing?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:58 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by D@ActiveTuning
Any squeeking? Do you have any problems clearing anything? What size are your wheels? If they are 19", any issues with rubbing?
No squeeking, but you should not have squeeking with any springs. If you do, you have them installed wrong on the rubber spring cushions.

Clearance is fine, just take the usual precautions on very steep driveways.

My wheels are 19x9 and 19x10.5. No rubbing problems with 245/275. With any wider tire it would probably rub in the rear, but my wheels have pretty agressive offsets.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the RS*R Titaniums. I totally notice the drop. The handling is definitely improved. I believe I have lost some understeer and the car is easier to turn. There are no squeaks and the drop is identical, front and rear. Bounce has substantially been reduced, but not eliminated. I think shocks will get rid of that last bit of bounce. I have 18"s so, I can't comment about 19"s but, I notice no rubbing on 18's.

They were professionally installed by Street Image.

I will eventually do Koni's when the stocks need replacement and will do the EVO sways the same time.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:29 AM
D@ActiveTuning

What is the difference between the RSR and the RSR Titaniums?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:33 AM
hfm

What is the difference between the RSR and the RSR Titaniums?
Not much. From the site:

RS*R Ti2000 lowering springs

The lowering spring has been around for ages. But the materials, treatments and technology to which each spring is made from has now taken a new turn. With cutting edge technology, the Ti2000 springs are composed of titanium, providing weight reductions of 25% compared to the traditional lowering spring. Along with weight reductions, the Ti2000 springs have improved resistance to corrosion, spring strength, and responsiveness.

http://www.rs-r.com/suspension.htm#ti2000
Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Oh, but the rate at which the car is dropped is the same as the regular RSR's?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:45 AM
hfm

Oh, but the rate at which the car is dropped is the same as the regular RSR's?
I believe so. I just got the Ti's because my hook-up price was so good. (Thanks BooBoo).

The only thing that might be somewhat different aside from the weight is "responsiveness." They seem to have settled just fine I'm really pleased with them.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:38 PM
UsafaRice

Originally posted by hfm
I believe so. I just got the Ti's because my hook-up price was so good. (Thanks BooBoo).

The only thing that might be somewhat different aside from the weight is "responsiveness." They seem to have settled just fine I'm really pleased with them.
Can you comment on the weight more? As in, how much do the stock ones weigh? I mean, if they only weigh 5 lbs, then 25% really isn't that much.

However, they are still cool.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:41 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Pics are coming in an upcoming Project ActiveTuning issue, along with full install write-up
Old 04-19-2004, 12:53 PM
hfm

Originally posted by UsafaRice
Can you comment on the weight more? As in, how much do the stock ones weigh? I mean, if they only weigh 5 lbs, then 25% really isn't that much.

However, they are still cool.
I didn't weigh stock v RS*R. But, we are talking pounds. Best guess, probably in the 5-10 lbs range between stock and RS*R ti. This is quite a bit for something that doesn't weigh all that much to begin with.

Maybe D can comment more since his is being installed soon.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:01 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

wow dan... losing 20-40lb on a spring swap is pretty significant (and cool!).

Quick Reply: Just installed RSR springs