Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Stoptech Big Brake Red calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Reb1281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoptech Big Brake Red calipers?

I've always felt that Red brake calipers look best on either Black or Red sports cars, but would they look good on silver? Silver tends to be rather bland in the shade, and I'm afraid that it will look sh*tty with bright red calipers. I've seen some on this board with the combo. How do you guys like it? Think it looks as good as on the red and black cars?

Last edited by Reb1281; 06-15-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:23 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question. Personally, I went with the black calipers on my Silverstone because I think red calipers on a silver car have a bit too much of the 'coloring book' look (AKA the 'melted red crayon' look) in the wheel wells, but that's just me...no disrespect intended to others who chose differently. Also, the black calipers do a much better job of concealing the massive amount of dirt, soot, and brake dust that accumulates on them at the track. I'm not sure the reds would gleam quite as much after a few track sessions as they do when they're new (even with vigorous washing.)

I agree with you that red brakes look great on black and red cars. To get an idea of what red calipers might look like on a silver car, I would suggest that you go wander around a Porsche dealership, as they're sure to have some cars with this combo.

Good luck!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by GaryM05
Good question. Personally, I went with the black calipers on my Silverstone because I think red calipers on a silver car have a bit too much of the 'coloring book' look (AKA the 'melted red crayon' look) in the wheel wells, but that's just me...no disrespect intended to others who chose differently. Also, the black calipers do a much better job of concealing the massive amount of dirt, soot, and brake dust that accumulates on them at the track. I'm not sure the reds would gleam quite as much after a few track sessions as they do when they're new (even with vigorous washing.)

I agree with you that red brakes look great on black and red cars. To get an idea of what red calipers might look like on a silver car, I would suggest that you go wander around a Porsche dealership, as they're sure to have some cars with this combo.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking of going with silver calipers for the brake kit. Still love those bright red ones, though. If black didn't show all the dirt, scratches, sun damage, and absord so much heat I'd of gone with the color. It lends itself well to modifications and goes with every color.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:25 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say go with red. Sports cars come with red, and whenever I see red calipers I think big *** brakes. Then when I get close and realize that some ricer just pained his stock caliper red, I get upset, haha.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by King Tut
I say go with red. Sports cars come with red, and whenever I see red calipers I think big *** brakes. Then when I get close and realize that some ricer just pained his stock caliper red, I get upset, haha.
Don't you think CS is a little too neutral and bland to pull of red calipers? They'd look infinitely better on you DB.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:58 PM
jran76

Here are mine on a silverstone, I think it looks pretty sweet....
Attached Thumbnails Stoptech Big Brake Red calipers?-up.jpg  
Old 06-16-2004, 12:59 PM
jran76

One more, closeup....
Attached Thumbnails Stoptech Big Brake Red calipers?-low.jpg  
Old 06-16-2004, 01:22 PM
J Ritt

I have red calipers on my chrome silver. I personally think they look sweet (I don't know if I have any pics though). They are definitely the first thing someone will see when they look at your car though. You glance at the car and BAM!...red calipers in your eye. You will notice that at every stop light, the person in the car next to you stares at the damn things like they are hypnotized. Eyes are just drawn to them. I don't care if it's a little kid, an old lady, or a 20 something...they all stare at the brakes. To some extent, people sort of expect to see something like this on a Ferrari, 911 Turbo, or some other exotic. People anticipate seeing fancy bits and pieces on these cars, so they aren't caught off gaurd. Big red calipers are not something you typically see on a 'normal' car on the street though. I think that's where the reaction stems from.

If that's not something you're interested in...if you want a stealth look, etc...then go with black or silver. The silver are very elegant and much more subtle. If you want to make the statement at the track, "I dare you to outbrake me," then our red kit will do nicely.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:34 PM
mcclaskz

I say go with black. If you use them they will turn black anyways...
Old 06-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Reb1281

Originally posted by jran76
Here are mine on a silverstone, I think it looks pretty sweet....

They do look sweet. I love those pictures and have seen them in the gallery section. Silverstone never looks bland, though, and CS does. I've decided against black, so I'll have to choose between the red and silver--leaning towards silver. Thanks guys for all of your responses.

**I've noticed several silver Lamborghini Gallardo's on Ebay with silver calipers and they look so nice. The new silver Porsche Carrera GT with yellow calipers looks terrible, though, and this is why I'm questioning the red.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:09 PM
HaNkYs_Z

I'm not feeling for the red on silver, go with black on silver.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 PM
seanrulz

God damnit... Now I have to powdercoat my Stoptechs to Red.. (Got black)
Old 06-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Reb1281

Originally posted by seanrulz
God damnit... Now I have to powdercoat my Stoptechs to Red.. (Got black)
You have a super black, right? How could you not have ordered red calipers???!!! j/k
Old 06-17-2004, 10:52 PM
seanrulz

LOL how did you know? Probably saw my thread back in May after I put my 14" Stoptechs on? Heh, I got'em for used, so I didn't have a choice, and the rim I'm getting is gold so I kinda don't know if red will look good with gold. Oh hell, but I want it red now!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:39 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

>>I've always felt that Red brake calipers look best on either Black or Red sports cars, but would they look good on silver? Silver tends to be rather bland in the shade, and I'm afraid that it will look sh*tty with bright red calipers. I've seen some on this board with the combo. How do you guys like it? Think it looks as good as on the red and black cars?<<

You're joking right bro?

I would be sooo pissed had I gotten anything BUT RED on my CS 350! They look I N C R E D I B L E!
Very 911 TTish.
I spent the bucks on em'........ They need to be seen!

Compliments CONTINUOSLY!
Attached Thumbnails Stoptech Big Brake Red calipers?-volk1.jpg