Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Stock suspension clicking back right after hard turn?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:30 AM
Rob Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock suspension clicking back right after hard turn?

So, I drive my car pretty hard, but generally it's hard, but not harsh (if that makes sense). Well, heading to get coffee this morning, I did a bit of showboating for some folks at a light. I took a left at a light and backed the tail in. I knew the driveway to this shopping center, and never noticed a slight bump there before, but there was. I hit it with the tail stepped out coming in with the right side fully loaded. I was greeted with a nice rough clunk. The car still drives fine afterwards (at normal speeds and turning), but I hear a tapping/clicking noise coming from the back right corner now. It doesn't sound like a wheel bearing, but won't count that out. The noise seems to be related to any car movement. At very low speed you don't hear anything if the road/parking lot is real smooth. We can count out the spare and tools rattling because I don't have those in my car.

Any ideas? I'm not real worried about it, that's what the warranty is for, but I'm curious if it's going to come to that.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:56 AM
toykilla

mine does this... the front suspension clicks/clanks.. whatever .. anytime i get no teh brakes really hard.. it has done this on BOTH of my Z's.. The only thing the same on them is the wheels..
Old 06-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Rob Nance

Yeah, mine has done that on the front for a while too. Crazy Z suspension, I can't wait to yank it all out someday.

I still don't think that this back noise is normal. Going to lift the car up this weekend and inspect for any problems.