Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Ok, this is for everyone that has really bad camber

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Rayden2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by del105
When used in conjunction with the adjustable camber rods the adjustable toe rod will not alter caster since caster does not exist on the rear of a car unless you had 4 wheels steering, which the Z does not.

The goal here is to get 0 toe and make the tires last. an Adjustable cam bolt IMO is not going to get you anywhere near 0 toe.

So just to recap you are wrong and Iam right.
I want a fully adjustable suspension. I have the stillen toe and camber kit, but like I said on the main post the camber is still very limited, and the bolts al503 told me to get only gives me 6 degrees (-3.0 to +3.0) more camber but I need almost 10 degrees more. Six degrees would be good for an inch drop (with a toe and camber kit) but if you went 1.5" drop or more then its not enough. My car sits with a 1.75" drop. So, I'm waiting to contact 350evo to see what neat kit they made for this problem.
Thanks for all of your input.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:09 PM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

del105

i dont want to speak for him but i think the point rayden is making is that he has both the camber and "toe"/radius arms that you (and me for a matter of fact) thought was a completely adjustable suspendion, and it is not enough adjustability (is that a word?) required for his drop needs

the arms he has PLUS toe cames and/or the new 350evo solution appears to have his answer

pp
Old 08-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by del105
When used in conjunction with the adjustable camber rods the adjustable toe rod will not alter caster since caster does not exist on the rear of a car unless you had 4 wheels steering, which the Z does not.

The goal here is to get 0 toe and make the tires last. an Adjustable cam bolt IMO is not going to get you anywhere near 0 toe.

So just to recap you are wrong and Iam right.
Caster is a term applied to the front so what, the fact is if you adjust the radius rods to control toe you get caster change as a fundimental design of the suspension. If you've ever done a suspension install yourself you know full well how all the various connecting part's have a enormous amount of flex at the piviot points. That is the reason EVO350 offer's a $1500 suspension bushing system to kill that off. If it was a good idea to adjust toe at that location Nissan would have put it their, but they didn't did they.

You can say your right I'm wrong all you want, it changes nothing.

http://www.specprod.com/TECH_DIR/C_T..._2.HTML#Caster

Last edited by Gsedan35; 08-24-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by Gsedan35
Caster is a term applied to the front so what, the fact is if you adjust the radius rods to control toe you get caster change as a fundimental design of the suspension. If you've ever done a suspension install yourself you know full well how all the various connecting part's have a enormous amount of flex at the piviot points. That is the reason EVO350 offer's a $1500 suspension bushing system to kill that off. If it was a good idea to adjust toe at that location Nissan would have put it their, but they didn't did they.

I wasn't going to try and correct him on that and start a I'm right and your wrong war, but you did it for me .
Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 PM
CPT ERIC

Rayden,

How low is your car in the pic attached to your post, 1.75"?
Old 08-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Rayden2001

Originally posted by CPT ERIC
Rayden,

How low is your car in the pic attached to your post, 1.75"?
At that time 1.5"rear and 1.25" front... it was even in the front and rear but I lost a lot of weight (fiberglass hood and fenders , light weight battery) in the front and didn't think about it messing up my ride height.....didn't really think it would cause me to gain .25" in the front
Old 08-25-2004, 05:15 AM
del105
15 f125

Originally posted by Gsedan35

Caster is a pointless measurement on rear wheels it means nothing for the way a car handles. Rear wheels do not pivot.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Rayden2001

To answer my own question almost six years later lol.
SPL PRO rear toe arms / it gets rid of mid link to make the toe fully adjustable. They have two versions ,one for a true coilover and the other for the guys that need the spring in the mid link.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moroccan_Mole
negative camber is good ... it just eats tires a little faster
good to a point, too much and you cant get any traction for acceleration, might be nice on the turns though.