Old 10-04-2004, 03:42 PM
ThumpAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up StopTech Stage II installed

Parts installed:
SS brakelines
Hawk HPS pads
StopTech Slotted rotors
Motul 600 Synthetic brake fluid (as required)

Well, other than breaking the tip of my pinky and a few scrapes and brake cleaner splashes in my eyes, the kit is on and working great so far.
I did the bed in reccomended on the stoptech site and had fun with my wife freaking out due to the smoke billowing out of all four corners. Talked to Matt over there today and he said that they have a new writeup on the b ed-in stating that 10 decelerations is prolly a bit much for street pads, that 6-8 would have been fine. Oh well, was fun anyway.
I now have a body color-matching blue ring around the non-pad-contact surface of the rotors, much like blueing of a gun barrel for strength.

All in all, the install took me maybe 4 hours of actual work, and this was with stops to explain to the kid from down the street how and why, and having to explain the bleeding process to my wife (the driver of the car).
I would rate it a 3 on a scale of ten, and normal hand tools (metric) are all that's needed.

I only got a few pics of during the install, but will put them up a little later.

As for all those that are having issues with squealing HPS pads, I left out the stock front chatter plates and used copious amounts of Disc Brake Quiet (in the spray can) and used the rear chatter plates, with DBQ in between each plate. i have no squeals thus far, and will be sure to bitc...er... let everyone know if it starts to do that.

23,000 miles and my fronts were to about 1mm thickness... man that's fast wear.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:47 PM
JimRHIT

pics please
Old 10-04-2004, 08:33 PM
ThumpAZ

Here are the few I got. I only took a few, as I said, but I just went and tried to get a couple that show the blueing of the rotors. After the first couple of bolts were turned, the number of beers started to outnumber the bolts.
I was told today be Matt at StopTech that my routing is their "alternate" routing, and is OK to use.
here's one

the rest in 1600x1200 can be found at
http://glenn.uselessfurball.com/images/350z/brakes
Old 10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
ZxRage

Why do you call them stage II ?
Old 10-04-2004, 09:38 PM
ThumpAZ

That is the kit designation from Stoptech.
Basically, what it gets you is the Hawk HPS pads, slotted or drilled rotors, SS brake lines and 3 bottles of Motul synthetic brake fluid.
Convenient for someone who has not yet scraped together the fundage for new rims n tires and has brake pads sitting at about 1mm thickness.