Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

line lock or brake fuse toggle?

Old 11-12-2004, 08:00 AM
myfiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line lock or brake fuse toggle?

Nissan techs are saying the ECU could burnout because of a toggle switch on the wire for the brake fuse in order to do a standing burnout. Has anyone had this happen? Is anyone running the toggle/button on the brake fuse ecu wire? We can't lower the % for the throttle cut either. One of you guys out there has gotta be running the line lock for drag or brake toggle for drift...
Old 11-12-2004, 10:03 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pull the VDC/ABS fuse which disengages those functions, but does not allow to do a full left foot brake burnout. what is the location of the fuse you are pulling? Does it allow both throttle and brake to be applied together?

I don't see any problem with putting a toggle on the fuse. People do much crazier things to there wiring (NOS switches, grounding systems, etc...) that have no ill effects on the ECU.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:31 AM
myfiddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree with you. I have my nitrous switch ready to go on the ecu, but some nissan techs said it could burnout the ecu..? The brake fuse was 10a or something, its labeled in the fuse box... With it in, my throttle is getting cut by 40% when I apply the foot brake. It sucks for heel and toe, drag, etc. When I go to the strip, they check to see if my lights are working and make a big deal if my fuse is pulled.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:38 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by myfiddy
I totally agree with you. I have my nitrous switch ready to go on the ecu, but some nissan techs said it could burnout the ecu..? The brake fuse was 10a or something, its labeled in the fuse box... With it in, my throttle is getting cut by 40% when I apply the foot brake. It sucks for heel and toe, drag, etc. When I go to the strip, they check to see if my lights are working and make a big deal if my fuse is pulled.
I see what you mean about the brake light fuse. You may want to check with Technosquare to see if they have a chip that will eliminate all unwanted throttle inputs? That may be the only way to get around this.