Notices

New Nissan 370Z Akebono 14" Big Brake Kit for 03-08 350Z, Kits Start at $1200

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009 | 07:44 AM
pfregeolle

^ :/ The instructions that came with my stoptechs specifically stated to install them with the slots slicing towards the front of the car. The vents on the inside of the rotor run the opposite direction as the slots do on the outside. It said that some of their rotors are non-directional, but these were specifically meant to go one direction.

Doesn't bother me, just saying what came with my boxes :P
Old 12-07-2009 | 07:49 AM
pfregeolle

BTW I did get a bunch of pictures of the brakes, rotors, clearance and all. SO I'll put em up to photobucket later and post them tonight!

-Paul
Old 12-13-2009 | 09:56 AM
Kuhan

Coz,

Any progress on 2-piece rotors?
Old 12-13-2009 | 10:42 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Coz,

Any progress on 2-piece rotors?
I'm not saying anything until I get a final confirmation and they are in stock, didn't think it was going to be so hard to get these suckers done.
Old 12-16-2009 | 09:47 AM
pfregeolle

Default Long...Awaited...Pix...

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:53 AM
pfregeolle

Forgot one:

Old 12-16-2009 | 09:58 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Sick!! Not feeling the lug color though..
Old 12-16-2009 | 11:21 AM
pfregeolle

^Been thinking about switching up to TRUST lug nuts, which are gunmetal color.
Old 12-16-2009 | 05:35 PM
Kuhan

nice....did you get the Infiniti or Nissan kit?
Old 12-17-2009 | 09:25 AM
pfregeolle

Went with the Infiniti kit, since I knew I would be sanding and painting them anyways. Everything else is exactly the same, just paint color and logo.
Old 12-18-2009 | 06:23 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos
Premier Member

I like the way the bracket actually moves the caliper further around bringing them closer to the 3 o'clock position. Helps a lot with the mushy pedal while braking on high g corners.

So are you planning on just waiting for the stoptech 2-piece rotors now instead? If so, do you know more or less what these kits will cost, and do you have an estimated time for availabilty?

Also, will you be able to provide these kits with the Ferodo 2500 pads?

Thanks

Last edited by ReV2Red; 12-18-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2009 | 04:51 AM
350Zenophile

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
I like the way the bracket actually moves the caliper further around bringing them closer to the 3 o'clock position. Helps a lot with the mushy pedal while braking on high g corners.
Are you saying that moving the caliper around the rotor has an effect on brake feel? I've always read that location has zero effect...
Old 12-19-2009 | 09:03 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Are you saying that moving the caliper around the rotor has an effect on brake feel? I've always read that location has zero effect...
You can put the caliper anywhere, it won't change anything
Old 12-19-2009 | 10:55 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos
Premier Member

If you put the caliper at the very top or very bottom, during high g corners and you get hub flex, this is transmitted to the brake disc, and inherently transmitted to your brake pads. You need to be pushing the car very hard with slick or decent r-compound tires though. You will not see this on the street or with street tires.

The closer to horizontal you bring the caliper the less you will feel the hub flex. Ask the guys in the motorsport section that really push there cars, and there are plenty of people complaining about it.

That's why you'll notice that most high end performance car try to mount there calipers as close to horizontal as possible.

But anyway. More importantly, will you be able to offer Ferodo DS2500 pads? And how much do you estimate a full kit with the stoptech 2-piece rotors would be?
Old 12-19-2009 | 11:36 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

If you put the caliper at the very top or very bottom, during high g corners and you get hub flex, this is transmitted to the brake disc, and inherently transmitted to your brake pads. You need to be pushing the car very hard with slick or decent r-compound tires though. You will not see this on the street or with street tires.

The closer to horizontal you bring the caliper the less you will feel the hub flex. Ask the guys in the motorsport section that really push there cars, and there are plenty of people complaining about it.

That's why you'll notice that most high end performance car try to mount there calipers as close to horizontal as possible.

But anyway. More importantly, will you be able to offer Ferodo DS2500 pads? And how much do you estimate a full kit with the stoptech 2-piece rotors would be?
As far as braking power goes...grabbing the rotor with a given caliper anywhere on its circumference would produce the same braking torque. We already offer Ferodo DS2500 and DS3000 pads:

Ferodo Pads:

DS2500

Front:
Rear:

DS3000

Front:
Rear:

Old 12-20-2009 | 06:27 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos
Premier Member

Oh right! I think we misunderstood eachother then!! lol

Yes the braking torque will be exactly the same anywhere you put it. I was talking about hubflex which is transmitted to the pads.

Once you have the 2 piece rotors in stock i'll put my order through (depending on price)
Do you reckon they might be in for early 2010?
Old 12-21-2009 | 07:12 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Oh right! I think we misunderstood eachother then!! lol

Yes the braking torque will be exactly the same anywhere you put it. I was talking about hubflex which is transmitted to the pads.

Once you have the 2 piece rotors in stock i'll put my order through (depending on price)
Do you reckon they might be in for early 2010?
I'm not providing any ETA on the 2pc Rotors until they are officially released.

Coz
Old 12-21-2009 | 07:55 AM
pfregeolle

Hey Coz!

Just curious if CZP was present at the install and testing of the Modified Mag's 350Z test in Chandler??? I know I'm beating a dead horse, but my instructions that came in the box of my stoptech rotors specifically said to install them a certain direction. It seems that the rotors in the Modified test were installed reverse from what Stoptech reccommends. Beside the suspension set-up on the Z33, do you think that the reverse installation of the rotors would affect the temperatures of the pads and rotors, and actually may be a factor in why the temps were higher on the Z33 than on the Z34 stock? I would like to do an experiment and find out if the temps would actually be lower with the rotors installed the "proper" way.

Also, with the test 370Z that they were given, do you know if the rotors were stock, or stoptech slotted? It would be interesting to see the results of brake temps on the 370Z between stock rotors VS stoptech slotted VS stopetech drilled...

Let me know your thoughts.

-Paul
Old 12-21-2009 | 08:04 AM
blckdrgn76

Hey there pfregeolle, I love the way the new brake set-up look on your ride. Just out of curiosity though, what size are your rims? By the looks of your pics you put up, the rotors and calipers fills up the inside of your rims perfectly. I just want to get a comparison for when I decide to get my set because I have 19" rims for my Z.
Old 12-21-2009 | 08:07 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
Hey Coz!

Just curious if CZP was present at the install and testing of the Modified Mag's 350Z test in Chandler??? I know I'm beating a dead horse, but my instructions that came in the box of my stoptech rotors specifically said to install them a certain direction. It seems that the rotors in the Modified test were installed reverse from what Stoptech reccommends. Beside the suspension set-up on the Z33, do you think that the reverse installation of the rotors would affect the temperatures of the pads and rotors, and actually may be a factor in why the temps were higher on the Z33 than on the Z34 stock? I would like to do an experiment and find out if the temps would actually be lower with the rotors installed the "proper" way.

Also, with the test 370Z that they were given, do you know if the rotors were stock, or stoptech slotted? It would be interesting to see the results of brake temps on the 370Z between stock rotors VS stoptech slotted VS stopetech drilled...

Let me know your thoughts.

-Paul
We installed the kit, and present at the event. Rotors were installed per customers preference, as they are no-directional rotors. You can conduct your own tests, and inform us of your results. The 370Z was running w/ OEM rotors.

Coz

Quick Reply: New Nissan 370Z Akebono 14" Big Brake Kit for 03-08 350Z, Kits Start at $1200