Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

I need help, In the process of buying a 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:32 PM
TheCooler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help, In the process of buying a 350z

Boy oh boy do I need some help. To start off Im 19 years old so none of the salesmen will really take me seriously so it seems. The one Im getting it from told me 25k to get me in the showroom then told me 27 something once I sat down. I was pretty angry and told him he was a liar and I knew he could go lower to his before quoted 25000 and now he was just being greedy. I left the dealership to figure out the insurence a little more and its looking like 3.3k a year. That isnt so bad since Ive been in 2 accidents in my prior porsches (Hit while stopped at a light and hit by a guy running a stop sign). None were my fault, just bad luck I guess.

I went back today and they seem to be getting the hint now though since in 3 days Ive gotten them down to 25,6**(change) for a Silverstone base model '05 with a couple little extras that I would rather not have (overpriced floormats and junk). The problem right now is since Im a youngin they first tried to give me 11.**% APR....(WHAT THE HELL) My mother cosigned for this mind you and she makes 75k a year. I started complaining so the showroom manager dropped me to 8.78 APR (still freaking high for a new car). My monthly payments right now would be 510 a month for a 5 year loan and another 275 for insurence. I make that fine just on Ebay excluding my job. Truthfully I was hoping I could get the APR down to 6 since my mother did cosign. This is where I need you help...

What can I do to convince the dealer to go down on that APR and maybe down on the cars price a little more? Also is what im paying right now fair? Also Im in Connecticut so everything is more expensive here. Please help so I can really join the forum.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:10 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably the only way to get APR down is to have your mom buy the car (assuming she has good credit & qualifies). You might check local banks or credit unions as well.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:49 AM
TheCooler

Is what Im paying right now for the car fair or should I keep trying for lower?

Also ..does the nissan dealership do the financing or does a bank because they said 8.7 was the lowest the bank would let them go ...I think this is BS and they could go down to 6 and STILL makes a lot of money.

Last edited by TheCooler; 06-16-2005 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:59 AM
elms350Z

I got my 05 Base for 25,600 at Power Nissan Irvine. I live in San Diego and the best price I got here was 27,800 none negotiable...They stated they dont have problems selling Z's at that price. Which I believe is true considering there are so many here with all SD dealer tags. So IMO thats a good deal. But check out other dealers and see what they offer you. If you can wait, hold out until the end of the month, they'll be pushing to meet their quota . If you want the lowest APR possible ask yer parents to co-sign.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:03 AM
TheCooler

My mother did cosign though which has me confused! Im gunna go back today and tell them capitol one is offering my mother rates of 5.**% and see what they do then...good idea?
Old 06-16-2005, 07:03 AM
zownz

I left the dealership to figure out the insurence a little more and its looking like 3.3k a year. That isnt so bad since Ive been in 2 accidents in my prior porsches (Hit while stopped at a light and hit by a guy running a stop sign). None were my fault, just bad luck I guess.

uhmmm if they werent your fault your insurance shouldnt have went up. and why go from porsche to a Z...i raise a bs flag on half of what you said..
but regarding the car, the Z's sell good and fast, you'll have a hard time talking those guys down..just go in and say..i got my checkbook right here..i dont want to hear no bs..either you give me the best price or im out...bring your dad or something and they'll take you serious..thats what i had to do..good luck

Last edited by zownz; 06-16-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 AM
elms350Z

I did that too, it worked! I coulda said the things my Pops said but he sounded more convincing "Hey thanks Bud but I know I can find a better deal." Needless to say they offered us some coffee and gave us a better deal .
Old 06-16-2005, 09:21 AM
zownz

i know right...my touring sticker price was 34,995
we got him down to 30k flat taxes included..haha
Old 06-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Built2shredZ

If your mom does not have a good credit rating, it does not matter how much she makes a year. All I can suggest is try to find financing yourself, have to remember if they drop the price on the car there going to make up for it somewhere else, in this case they sell your loan papers to a bank for a profit, so the higher the interest rate they get the more money they make.... Also if your making so much money on Ebay, why dont you just save up your money and pay cash. Sounds like your rollin in the money...
Old 06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
MADDOG`

The dealership doesn't set the APR on a loan. They inquire with several, maybe more, financing sources and they assign the APR based on their evaluation of you as a credit risk, not your co-signer. Yeah, it's tough. I co-signed for my daughter last year (she was 19 at the time) and the rate was higher than I qualify for but that's the way it is.

I think the dealer can come down a bit on the price, though. Keep at them or find another dealer.