Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Under MSRP soon? - based on classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 03:28 PM
nosuchsol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under MSRP soon? - based on classifieds

Hey Guys,

If you go check out the classified sections here, paper, ebay, or other areas where dealers advertise you should notice a ton of Z cars being offered for sale. So would it be safe to assume that we'll be seeing more Zs going for under MSRP? It just seems inevitable that it's going to happen quite soon! In the classifieds section here there's probably 30+ at MSRP and one dealership at 1000 over invoice. Seems like a little overproduction for first year run might be a good thing for the late term buyers.

Feel free to discuss other things here if this has been covered for the 100th time.... =P
Old 12-06-2002, 04:16 PM
Shoots

You might be able to get a preowned for under msrp, but the dealers have not even finished the pre orders yet, so you wont get it from them under msrp for a while.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:21 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by Shoots
You might be able to get a preowned for under msrp, but the dealers have not even finished the pre orders yet, so you wont get it from them under msrp for a while.
I have to disagree here. Go look in the classifieds and there's already a dealer at 1000 over invoice. That's a pretty steep cut and well worth it. =)

As per Nissannews there are already 10,XXX 350Zs sold so that's over the 7,000 or so preorders. I'm sure there's the demand for the Z, but 30,000 could create a slightly oversaturated market. I'm interested to see what happens in the states that have real winters.

Maybe I should have asked is Nissan oversaturating the first year market?
Old 12-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Shoots

a dealer at 1000 over invoice
Im sure you ment under... and It is a car that has already been spec'd out... not custom to your needs.

AS for the preorders... i'm in the 6000's and have not recived my car yet. Its set for delvery at the end of the month.

So the preorder program is not over yet.

-Shoots
Old 12-06-2002, 04:46 PM
mickey

It is a car that has already been spec'd out... not custom to your needs.
Z of all five models do not have that much variety of option, so even spec'd out ones may be close to or exactly to the desire order. It a nice trade off....$1000 over invoice & no order wait.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:02 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by Shoots
Im sure you ment under... and It is a car that has already been spec'd out... not custom to your needs.

AS for the preorders... i'm in the 6000's and have not recived my car yet. Its set for delvery at the end of the month.

So the preorder program is not over yet.

-Shoots
I would definitely take 1000 under invoice... just remember big difference between MSRP and INVOICE. =) edmunds/kbb/nada have been very helpful in edukatun' my new car fever.

I guess this year will only be about 12,000 Zs. =) Then next year will be 30k.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:21 PM
spf4000

Who is selling them at 1k over invoice?
Old 12-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Bazazu

Default uh

I'm gonna call BS

Maybe on you - maybe on the dealer feedin you a line

I live in the minneapolis area and my Z is set for deliver in march. Heres the scoop -

My Z car is coming through Feldman Imports (Mercedes/Nissan dealership) They are the #1 Nissan dealer in the tri state region(for nissan at least) which means they get additional Z's allocated to them for sale, since they do more business.

They are 100% sold out, have only had 1 on the "lot" at the time (usually on show floor) and it sells fast. The only other dealer I've seen with a Z on the lot is one a couple cities over, had 1 CS on the lot.

I *seriously* doubt any dealer has more than 2 or 3 on the lot up here, especially with winter on us (we've had snow on a few occasions, but so far its been light this year)

Anyway, theres no way another dealership has 6 or 7 on the lot, and I know for a fact htat Feldman doesn't. They are set to get 3 for deliver (not pre-orders) within the next week, and I think one of them is already sold.

Unless you can come up with some hard evidence of dealers selling them under MSRP - I don't believe it.

*Note: I have heard of people getting some $250 to $500 under msrp - but its usually in association with a trade in or the purchase of a lot of additional items (bras and car covers etc)
Old 12-07-2002, 08:24 PM
nosuchsol

Default Re: uh

Originally posted by Bazazu
I'm gonna call BS
Maybe on you - maybe on the dealer feedin you a line
I live in the minneapolis area and my Z is set for deliver in march. Heres the scoop -
My Z car is coming through Feldman Imports (Mercedes/Nissan dealership) They are the #1 Nissan dealer in the tri state region(for nissan at least) which means they get additional Z's allocated to them for sale, since they do more business.
They are 100% sold out, have only had 1 on the "lot" at the time (usually on show floor) and it sells fast. The only other dealer I've seen with a Z on the lot is one a couple cities over, had 1 CS on the lot.
I *seriously* doubt any dealer has more than 2 or 3 on the lot up here, especially with winter on us (we've had snow on a few occasions, but so far its been light this year)
Anyway, theres no way another dealership has 6 or 7 on the lot, and I know for a fact htat Feldman doesn't. They are set to get 3 for deliver (not pre-orders) within the next week, and I think one of them is already sold.
Unless you can come up with some hard evidence of dealers selling them under MSRP - I don't believe it.
*Note: I have heard of people getting some $250 to $500 under msrp - but its usually in association with a trade in or the purchase of a lot of additional items (bras and car covers etc)
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=12110

That's the classified thread. Try calling 'em up or going over there since it sounds like you *could* be close. Too far for my california butt.

You have to remember that each dealership is different and will get in different cars. The dealership buys what it thinks it will sell or has the cash to buy. So if Feldman doesn't have any, that doesn't mean that all the dealerships in that area wont. One of the dealerships out here didn't get a single Z in beyond 2 pre-orders. The other dealership got 4 pre-orders and then had 3 tourings come in and sit for around 3-4 weeks. Also in the classifieds is another AD with a dealer having 11-13 Zs.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Phatmitzu

Prices under MSRP is not suprising. 30,000 Zs a year, thats plenty. Dealers dont have enough Zs on hand right now in some states are because Nissan is not making/delivering them "fast" enough. Not making "fast" enough...so give it a lil time, and let all of the pre-orders get on their way. Let the production rate catch up a lil, then we will get to see more Zs available on the lot for sale. More Zs for sale....then the price will drop.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Loaner

Hey VQ,

Just head over to the OU athletic department. I am sure they can arrange for a 30 on your ACT. That is of course you run the 40 in 4.2 seconds in which case dump your Z for the Ferrari F50.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Xeinth

And they will let you live in a dorm and deal pot out of it.

X
Old 12-30-2002, 05:15 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I just bought a touring Z listing at $34614 for $32000. It can be done. The car had been in stock for a little while, and they wanted to get it off of floorplan and also help them keep their allocation high for summer.

Deals are out there. You just have to work for them.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:21 PM
duc996

isn't the internet great
Old 12-30-2002, 03:33 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Oh, and the MN $1000 over invoice deal is legit, but the guy really only wanted to deal on what he had in inventory and coming in soon. I talked to him a couple of times, but he sold the one I was considering before I got back to him. No matter, I got the identical car a slightly less and much closer to me.

He seemed a nice guy.

There was also a blue identical touring somewhere around Detroit on the board the other day for something like $32500 (list $34614).

Keep your eyes on the classifieds here and maybe some of the other Z sites around the web. Northern dealers right now especially seem to be doing some deals.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:27 PM
scan

Does anyone by chance know of any Nissan dealers in Southern California willing to selling a Silverstone Enthusiast model (w/splash guards, floor mats, kick plates ... but base would work fine too) for MSRP? I've been calling around and haven't had any luck. If anyone knows of a dealer selling this color/model for MSRP, PLEASE let me know! Heck, I'd go in tonight and write a check.
Old 12-30-2002, 10:49 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by scan
Does anyone by chance know of any Nissan dealers in Southern California willing to selling a Silverstone Enthusiast model (w/splash guards, floor mats, kick plates ... but base would work fine too) for MSRP? I've been calling around and haven't had any luck. If anyone knows of a dealer selling this color/model for MSRP, PLEASE let me know! Heck, I'd go in tonight and write a check.
I've only seen two enthusiast models for sale anywhere..... the so cal dealers sure like the touring model. =(
Old 12-31-2002, 04:58 AM
jim350z

I believe that any cars on dealer lots were fictious preorder's so the dealer's can sell above MSRP and still stay on good terms with Nissan. If you can find a Z under MSRP then jump at it because they are few and far between.
30,000 cars for the U.S. is not a lot of sales: some history follows.

1970-1973 total U.S. sales of Zees 116,712
1974 model year 63,963
1977 - 67,331
1979 - 86,007
1980 - 500,000th Z sold in the U.S.
1984 - 73,652
1994 - 6,000 sold in U.S.
1995 - 1996 less than 6,000

I think the 350Z is doing the same thing the original 240Z did, that is redefine the market. people are getting sick of mini-vans and SUVs.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:36 AM
OtownZ

Originally posted by nosuchsol
I've only seen two enthusiast models for sale anywhere..... the so cal dealers sure like the touring model. =(
I just got a Silverstone Enthusiast from my dealer. I originally ordered something else but long story short it was delayed over and over again. Anyway, I had him do an inventory search and he said there were VERY few Enthusiast models out there. He said most of the ones he found were automatic or in colors I wasn't interested in.

I'm in Orlando and he was able to find one in GA that he dealer traded for. If you are really looking for a specific car go find a dealer who will sell at MSRP, then ask if they can locate the car for you. Just know that there might be a transportation fee depending on how far away it is.

Quick Reply: Under MSRP soon? - based on classifieds