Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Looking to get Roadster, need input

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Z_Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get Roadster, need input

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum, and am looking for some input from anyone who owns a Roadster. I am looking to trade in my RX8 and move over to the Z. I am just trying to see how everyone's experience has been with the Roadster. I have never had a convertible but excited about getting one, especially with all the power the Z offers. Has anyone had any major issues with the convertible top? How is road noise in the convertible compared to the coupe? Any other info that can be provided would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2005, 08:08 AM
visionboy

Originally Posted by Z_Rider
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum, and am looking for some input from anyone who owns a Roadster. I am looking to trade in my RX8 and move over to the Z. I am just trying to see how everyone's experience has been with the Roadster. I have never had a convertible but excited about getting one, especially with all the power the Z offers. Has anyone had any major issues with the convertible top? How is road noise in the convertible compared to the coupe? Any other info that can be provided would be appreciated. Thanks!

Im quite happy with mine, and I use it as a daily driver. No major issues with mine. Road noise is there, but it's not that bad as you would expect from a convertible. Best thing for you to do is go test drive one to see if it's right for you. Good luck
Old 08-31-2005, 08:29 AM
maxpowers

No issues that were not covered under warranty. The roadster forum doesn't get a lot of traffic so I would recommend sitting down in front of your pc with a beer or two and scroll through this forum for an hour. You will learn a lot!

You should drive the car yourself with the top up to witness the road noise. Its obviously louder than a coupe, but its inline with other roadsters.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:40 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Top: no problem so far. If they do, you have 3 years warranty on it.
2. Noise: ofcourse it will be noisier than the coupe.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 AM
DWS44

As far as wind noise, I can say this...the Z is as quiet as a church mouse compared to my softtop Jeep Wrangler!

Actually, I was quite surprised by how quiet it was when I test drove it the first time! It is my first convertible, too, and I love it!

As soon as you test drive one you'll be hooked!

Last edited by DWS44; 08-31-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:19 AM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

just get one, you will forget everything you had asked.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Get one or we will make fun of your RX8. JK
Old 08-31-2005, 11:11 AM
lamaz

I made the mistake of test driving a 2005 the day I signed the paperwork for my pre-order. I haven't been the same man since that day, I've actually lost sleep awaiting the day I finally get my roadster delivered.

must have my roadster.

-LamaZ
Old 08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
ArlTXZR

I've had mine 5 months, no problems at all, and no regrets. I may never own another hardtop. The car is incredibly fun to drive, especially with the top down. I can't believe how many strangers tell me "Cool car!!" when I'm driving it.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:07 PM
MyNismoRoadster

I was actually thinking of getting rid of mine recently because it is inpractical for me, but dammit everytime i drop the top i change my mind and feel guilty even thinking of getting rid of it. As far as road noise its quieter then the coupe (i have a buddy that has a coupe i drive everynow and again) The reason is that since roadsters rear wheel tubs are tucked behind towards the top storage and the trunk so road noise is blocked by the space between driver and top storage space. so yuo dont hear all the rocks, tire and sand noise usually hear in a coupe. What you are actually hearing as far as noise is the outside noise from other cars, trucks and harleys and stuff, not roadnoise. I think the roadster is quite comfortable, i dont hear wind noise or anything but i do hate noisy trucks and ricers next to me cause all of the noise is audible almost as if windows were open. The tops on these cars have no insulation and is just a 2 layer canvas design. Only real complaint i have is when the top is up i cant see s**t out the rear window. At least the rear window is made of glass unlike most vertibles with their vinyl windows that turns ugly brown/yellow after a few years like the S2K, miatas, etc.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Z_Rider

Thanks for the info, but things have come to a stand still for getting the Z. The dealer is really trying to get over on me. They are unwilling to give me anything for my car, and are not trying to come down on the price. I told them what I was willing to pay, for an '05, which is at its model year end, and their number they came back with was absolutely ridiculous....... so I walked. I guess I might try another dealer. What really sucked was they had the one I wanted sitting right out front just taunting me. Oh, but the Z will be mine.....gotta be patient I suppose, that sucks!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:14 AM
ohw

Have my ZR since Apr of 2004. Excellent car, love it. Had a RX7 Turbo years back. Like the ZR much better.
Try selling the RX8 on your own 1st and get the price you like. Even the dealers may be selling the 2006 model now, when I toured the factory, they told me the 2006 will start production in Oct of 2005. I guess the real 2006 may not be here till Nov of 2005. No details on whether they are any different.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:08 AM
jamnew

Hey guys,

I love my Z! No problems after 2 months. This is a good website for ZR.
http://www.cliffshade.com/350zr/index.asp
Good luck
Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 AM
MyNismoRoadster

Thanks for the info, but things have come to a stand still for getting the Z. The dealer is really trying to get over on me. They are unwilling to give me anything for my car, and are not trying to come down on the price. I told them what I was willing to pay, for an '05, which is at its model year end, and their number they came back with was absolutely ridiculous....... so I walked. I guess I might try another dealer. What really sucked was they had the one I wanted sitting right out front just taunting me. Oh, but the Z will be mine.....gotta be patient I suppose, that sucks!

Yeah thats sucks man, i lucked out on mine, the funny part is, i work at a dealer but i didnt even buy it from my own dealer, i got a better deal at another Nissan dealer near my house, i ended up getting the top of the line ZR for $29,550 and traded in my 00' pathfinder SE limited they gave me $8,655 which is crap but hey it was paid for so it went in the principle.
$ is what i ended up paying on a 3.1% APR for 48 months through a credit union.

Sticker price was $40,550
Dealer disc -$ 8,888
Factory rebate -$ 2,000
Trade in -$ 8,655
Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by MyNismoRoadster
Yeah thats sucks man, i lucked out on mine, the funny part is, i work at a dealer but i didnt even buy it from my own dealer, i got a better deal at another Nissan dealer near my house, i ended up getting the top of the line ZR for $29,550 and traded in my 00' pathfinder SE limited they gave me $8,655 which is crap but hey it was paid for so it went in the principle.
$ is what i ended up paying on a 3.1% APR for 48 months through a credit union.

Sticker price was $40,550
Dealer disc -$ 8,888
Factory rebate -$ 2,000
Trade in -$ 8,655

Damn, the most i've seen a dealer discount a ZR is like $3k... was there some cosmetic damage to the car or something?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:18 PM
jcandas

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Visit my buying guide and you will thank yourself later :

https://my350z.com/forum/northern-california/137501-norcal-350z-buying-guide.html
Old 09-01-2005, 04:27 PM
MyNismoRoadster

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Damn, the most i've seen a dealer discount a ZR is like $3k... was there some cosmetic damage to the car or something?

No there was nothing wrong with it, its just they were trying to sell off the last 04 350 ZR on the lot and its already 05 lol, they were desparate to sell it off. It was sitting in the showroom for like 5-6 months they said. Damn thing only had 8 miles on it.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
amallari

You will loose out on trade-ins. If you can sell it by owner that would be better (cars.com autotrader.com or local paper). I see you are in the DC area I would refer you to Herb Gordon Silver Spring MD They have alot of 05 leftovers. Talk to Russell States tell him that Alan sent you. He will take care of you!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:59 AM
jamnew

Shop arround! I bought my ZR in June (Manager's special sticker price $34800) paid $32,000 and they threw in Lojack. Try Passport Nissan of Alexandria. They seemed more inclined to deal.