Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

New Low Pricing for SEARS POINT, LAGUNA - $150 and up!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 09:04 PM
krazik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Low Pricing for SEARS POINT, LAGUNA - $150 and up!!

New Low Pricing for SEARS POINT, LAGUNA - $150 and up!!

URL is http://www.speedventures.net

Dates:
Sears = Thurs Jan 2nd & Fri Jan 3rd
Laguna = Thurs Jan 30th & Fri Jan 31st

We have decided to test a new formula for the upcoming Infineon Raceway (Sears Point) and Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca events due to a scarcity of truly gnarly drivers. We are lowering the prices and decreasing stated run time (note: don't worry, you will probably get much more than the stated run time as usually happens at all SV events).

Additionally, we are instituting a new run group on a trial basis for these events, called BLUE. The BLUE group will be restricted to 1 hour of track time, provided by 3 x 20m sessions. It will be correspondingly much cheaper than the normal registration fees. The BLUE group will follow RED passing rules and will be for intermediate and advanced drivers only. The BLUE group is designed for people with smaller budgets, less money, for those who just want to test out a new setup on their car, who just want to test the waters, or for those who are so fast they can stomp on everyone in 3x 20m sessions and go home with a big smile on their face and more rubber on their wheels. Space in Blue group is limited.

The pricing for the BLUE group will be as follows:
Infineon Raceway (Sears Point): $225 for both days (total track time 2 hrs.) $150 for one day (1 hr. track time)

Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca: $250 for both days (total track time 2 hrs.) $175 for one day (1 hr. track time)

As a result of these changes the regular groups (RED, WHITE, YELLOW) will have run time cut down from 2.5 hours to 2+ hours (again, not taking into consideration the wide open track generally available at the end of each day).

As a result, regular registration fees will change from $450/$275 (Sears) and $500/$300 (Laguna) to the following:

Infineon Raceway (Sears Point): $375 for both days (4+ hrs. track time) $225 for one day (2+ hrs. track time)

Mazda Raceway @ Laguna Seca: $400 for both days (4+ hrs. track time) $250 for one day (2+ hrs. track time)

Given that, at the end of the day, the track is generally wide open at our events, we feel that our RED, WHITE, and YELLOW drivers will get just as much track time as they usually end up taking.

Note: BLUE group drivers will not be allowed to run in any open sessions at the end of the day.

I am sure this new setup may disappoint some, but it really makes more sense given that at present signups are really low for Sears Point only 2 weeks away. Keep in mind that because this event it so empty, there will be loads of track time for those who sign up for the regular run groups.

The schedule will look like the following:

8:00am Drivers' Meeting
9:00-9:25 RED
9:25-9:50 WHITE
9:50-10:15 YELLOW
10:15-10:35 BLUE
10:35-11:00 RED
11:00-11:25 WHITE
11:25-11:50 YELLOW
11:50-12:10 BLUE
12:10-1:00 LUNCH
1:00-1:25 RED
1:25-1:50 WHITE
1:50-2:15 YELLOW
2:15-2:35 BLUE
2:35-3:00 RED
3:00-3:25 WHITE
3:25-3:50 YELLOW
3:50-4:15 RED
4:15-4:40 WHITE
4:40-5:00 YELLOW

Note: If you have already signed up for this event, you will be refunded the reduction in price on your card. If you wish to switch to Blue group, please email (events@speedventures.net) us and let us know.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

those prices are the same for Open-Track.com and Speedtrial.com

and with open-track they usually get 4 sessions of 20+ minutes.

do you offer instructional assistance for those who want it? i'm sure that would bring alot of newbies to the track and those who want to learn more about the characteristics of their own cars. just a suggestion.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:10 AM
krazik

Yup,

Instructors are manditory for all firsttimers or those in the beginner "yellow" group that want them.

There is also a class room session in the AM for those that want to attend it.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:39 PM
jzr

Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be much interest here, eh Krazik? I thought Nissan made a "Track" model? Does it come with an 8Track or something? The racing forum here looks like it should be called Street Ricing, errr Racing.

Somebody put some decent R-compound tires on your Z, and bring it to Laguna. Time for some folks here to represent, yo!

Cool smilies here
Old 01-10-2003, 06:01 PM
raceboy
Banned

Umm, I'll be there. I have been to the last few Speedventures events. In fact, at the Buttonwillow event here: Speedventure Buttonwillow Results I ran the 4th fastest lap of all the street tired cars. I smoked every street tired Stook. Of the three cars that were faster, one was a Viper (duh) and the other 2 cars that beat me were both Z06's and they were less than 1 second per lap faster. Actually, one was only about .1 second a lap faster.

I'll be at Laguna, don't worry. And I'll be there to drive, not "represent."

Last edited by raceboy; 01-10-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:16 PM
jzr

Bla bla street tires, excuses bla bla tupperware bla excuses. You were still 7 seconds behind Hayashi, who has only a straight pipe and Hoosiers. At my last track day, my torqueless 4-banger was faster than that same Viper. Bring some R-comps, and show us what Zhe can do!

(I'm actually not an obnoxious punk, just trying to stir up some interest. Since Krazik's friendly and informative approach didn't seem to draw much interest, thought I'd try a little taunting. It's a technique I'm still learning...)

I look forward to seeing your car out on track.

Cheers,
--Jason Rhoades
The "wing-ed" S2000...
Old 01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
raceboy
Banned

Not an excuse, comparing a street tired car with a race tired one is a joke. Hmmm, on my 138hp MRS just going to a full tread depth R compound tire was worth almost 6 seconds per lap at Button on the shorter configuration and the Hoosiers, while DOT legal, are in a different class from other R compound tires all together. Not only was was I on street tires, I was on the OEM Bridgestone 040's, not exactly known for their track prowess.

My car also had a full interior in place unlike Hayashi's stripped to the bone S2000. I am not taking away nothing from Doug, he's obviously a great driver, but while not a 100% fact, it's pretty well thought that Hayashi's (and others) car is a bit more "modified" than your claim.

Personally I don't see the point of using the race tires. It actually teaches you less about how your car behaves on the street. I have spent enough time in my life in real race cars. Track days for me are to find out how fast my street car is and how it will behave at the limit in full street configuration, otherwise I'll drive a real racecar in a real wheel to wheel race.

Last edited by raceboy; 01-10-2003 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:35 AM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on attending the Jan 30/31 days at Laguna. I'll be going in the novice group since my only track XP so far is two AutoX's (and I don't even have the track model - goodbye brakes!).

I still gotta get time off from work, but I doubt that'll be a problem.

I hope to attend with my friend who has an E46 M3 convertible with SMG II. I think I have a good chace of matching him since his car is a bit heavier. We'll see.

-D'oh!
Old 01-11-2003, 12:59 AM
jzr

That's unfortunate, as none of the best S2000 drivers I know like to wring the car out (track or autocross) on street tires. Victoracers are cheaper than the S2000's Bridgestones and will actually outlast them in a track situation, so it doesn't really make sense (for us anyway) to run streets when pushing the car hard. You seem like one of the more seasoned 350Z drivers, but limiting yourself to street tires doesn't really plot you against the best of the S2000 crowd at the track. With all the debates popping up on the subject, it would be nice to have some good data to fuel one side or the other. Hence the goading.
Hayashi's car has a race seat and straight pipe, but the roll bar weight makes up for a lot of that. CAI, Hoosiers. Full interior, stock suspension. You might have been thinking of Dave Kennedy, the stripped-out silver car with a hardtop and supercharger, who was running :08s that day.

Aaron Harris ran a 2:19.2 (same config) last January in a bone stock S2000 on OEM street tires. Of course it was a different day, so maybe not the best comparison. Harris is one of the best S2000 drivers out there still running a bone stock car on street tires - but (not to take anything away from Aaron, he's a really good driver) he's probably still half a notch behind guys like Hayashi and Aaron Bitterman.

Anyway, enough bench racing from me. Lawless OT days are no help in the analysis of relative merit. That's what the car magazines are for, right?

See you up there!
Old 01-11-2003, 07:07 PM
raceboy
Banned

I'll still be on street tires at Laguna, although they probably will not be the 040's anymore. Laguna should suit the Z more as it's a horsepower track more than anything else with mostly medium speed corners.