Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Thinking of trading my Evo for a Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 05:02 AM
mattfl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of trading my Evo for a Z

So I've had my Evo for just over a year now and I love it, however, I want to lower my car payments a bit. Currently I am paying $525/mnth so I pulled up a few loan calculators to see what it would take to lower my payments under $500. For $425 I'd need to finance around $26k or so, $450 it goes up to about $28ish or so. I've always loved the Z and really wanted a Z before I got my evo. I was thinking of going up to the nissan dealership tomorow and see what they could do. What are the chances I'll be able to get into a base or enthusiast for between $26-$28k? I won't have much to carry over from my Evo so it'll almost be a direct trade in. I've seen some people saying they have gotten the base for around $24k. I'm not against finding and 04 either, but i know the 06's are coming out and it is the end of the month so I just thought I'd get some opinions.

One other question, anyone in florida over the age of 25 and male, what's the insurance like? Right now for full coverage on my evo I pay about $95/mnth and I'm just wondering what I'd be looking at for insurance on a Z. Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2005, 07:18 AM
ANXIOUZ

Geez those are high payments.

You can easily get into a used Z for $26k-$28k. That's no problem. New? Not sure.

I would recommend selling your EVO privately and then getting a Z. You'll lose less money.

BTW, got any pics of your EVO?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:14 AM
mattfl

Originally Posted by maximZ
Geez those are high payments.

You can easily get into a used Z for $26k-$28k. That's no problem. New? Not sure.

I would recommend selling your EVO privately and then getting a Z. You'll lose less money.

BTW, got any pics of your EVO?
Ya, see that's why I wanna lower my payments

Well I was thinking since it's the end of the month, and nissan is offering the employee price + discounts that on a new base or enthusiast Z that would bring the price down a bit. I'll probably just head up there tomorow and see what they have to say, it's not like I can't afford the payments now, it'd just be nice to have lower ones, and it can't hurt making them do some work to see what they can do

Here's some pics after a Tein spring install and wax

http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic14te.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic51zf.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic43kj.jpg
Old 09-29-2005, 08:20 AM
ANXIOUZ

Very nice. I have serious infatuation with evo's right now. Yours looks great.

I'm sure most dealers would want your car on their lot....they'll try to work something out.

I got my car on Holloween (last day of Oct). Nov 1st is when the bluebook values change (every 2 months) so they were motivated to move their stock. If things don't work out soon, try again at the end of Oct.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:23 AM
mattfl

Originally Posted by maximZ
Very nice. I have serious infatuation with evo's right now. Yours looks great.

I'm sure most dealers would want your car on their lot....they'll try to work something out.

I got my car on Holloween (last day of Oct). Nov 1st is when the bluebook values change (every 2 months) so they were motivated to move their stock. If things don't work out soon, try again at the end of Oct.

Thanks Don't get me wrong, I love my car, I just have this thing with wanting new ones all the time I've lusted after the Z's for a while and, if it works out then it does, if not, no big deal
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
WESLEYCHAPELFL
Banned

Hey MATT email me at wcnissan@vtext.com for one on one info I work for a dealership in Florida
Old 09-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Juno

Call Fischer Nissan in Titusville and ask for Rigo...he hooked us up on our Zs.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
hypeiv

I bet you could get a good deal on an 05 they have on the lot. Invoice on a bare enthusiast is $26,589 even with every option the invoice is $28,600 or something and with the 06's around the corner you wont be paying much (if anything) over invoice. I think dealerships are getting $1000 from Nissan for every 05 they move off the lot so if you want to be hard about it you can tell them to split that with you and buy one off their lot for $500 under invoice.

I say get the enthusiast over the base model b/c you get traction control, LSD, HID's and vanity mirrors...

Last edited by hypeiv; 09-29-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
mattfl

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I bet you could get a good deal on an 05 they have on the lot. Invoice on a bare enthusiast is $26,589 even with every option the invoice is $28,600 or something and with the 06's around the corner you wont be paying much (if anything) over invoice. I think dealerships are getting $1000 from Nissan for every 05 they move off the lot so if you want to be hard about it you can tell them to split that with you and buy one off their lot for $500 under invoice.

I say get the enthusiast over the base model b/c you get traction control, LSD, HID's and vanity mirrors...

talked it over with the fiance and she said if i can get the payments below what I'm paying now to go for it. So we'll see what the dealership has to say tomorow
Old 09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by mattfl
talked it over with the fiance and she said if i can get the payments below what I'm paying now to go for it. So we'll see what the dealership has to say tomorow
Sounds like a plan... just take a look at the KBB of your ride in the good condition and start working from that and print out the invoice sheets from the nissan webpage and start 1000 under invoice and work from there and you should be able to get a good deal...

And I think a guy is a fiance and a girl is a fiancee just for future refrence
Old 09-29-2005, 02:33 PM
mattfl

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Sounds like a plan... just take a look at the KBB of your ride in the good condition and start working from that and print out the invoice sheets from the nissan webpage and start 1000 under invoice and work from there and you should be able to get a good deal...

And I think a guy is a fiance and a girl is a fiancee just for future refrence
ha, you are correct. thanks
Old 10-09-2005, 08:59 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Trading one car for another to lower your payments? Of course its possible. Just extend the loan 12 or 24 months.