Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Having a hard time getting an '06

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Rasengan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having a hard time getting an '06

So I've been emailing the closest dealer to me back and forth trying to get an '06 Black 350Z Enthusiast. He says there's only 1 coming withing a 3 state region in November! So I jump at it, he sends me the options list and my enthusiasm turns to sorrow as I read "Z{ ENTHUSIAST 2DR AUTO"...

I tell him I need a manual, no way I'm buying an auto. He then emails me back saying there's only 1 black manual in a 5 state region coming in November, in Minnesota out of all places which is a 7 hour drive from Chicago. And that if I wanted to specially order one, it'd take over 90 days to get it done.

Why is it so hard to get one? I'm almost tempted to say screw it and take a different color although black is really what I want...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:35 AM
freefallin

Why not check nissanusa.com and see what inventory dealers have around you. I'm in Cincinnati and for some reason I was thinking dealers in Indianapolis had some '06s. Not sure though. Check and see. Should be closer to you than a 7 hour drive....maybe 3 or 4?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Rasengan

Originally Posted by freefallin
Why not check nissanusa.com and see what inventory dealers have around you. I'm in Cincinnati and for some reason I was thinking dealers in Indianapolis had some '06s. Not sure though. Check and see. Should be closer to you than a 7 hour drive....maybe 3 or 4?
Yea I've been doing that everyday for the last few weeks. The marjority of dealers around my area are getting Track and Grand Touring models or Roadsters. And none of them are even black. I'm just wondering if this guy is being truthful in telling me how difficult it is to get a black manual '06 in my area or if he's just trying to sell me what he has.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Eiso

My surrounding dealers are getting either Base 6MT or Touring 5AT.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Rasengan

That's a shame because last i read, the Enthusiast model was their most popular trim...i want the Enthusiast because I refuse to pay for substandard "premium" Bose stereo equipment (I know Bose coming from an RX-8 but I hear the 350Z Bose is even worse)...i definitely want the leather and I'm going to ask if I can order it with leather but definitely not Bose
Old 10-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Eiso

Originally Posted by Rasengan
That's a shame because last i read, the Enthusiast model was their most popular trim...i want the Enthusiast because I refuse to pay for substandard "premium" Bose stereo equipment (I know Bose coming from an RX-8 but I hear the 350Z Bose is even worse)...i definitely want the leather and I'm going to ask if I can order it with leather but definitely not Bose
Well, its also the "TOURING" name to somebody.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
md1400cs

I spent almost a month looking for an 05 6sp, the way I WANTED IT. Finally had to order one. Took 90 days. I'm soooo glad I had the patience to wait. After you get the car, exactly the way you want it, it will have been worth the wait. If you buy something NOW, when the 90 days go by, you will be so pissed at yourself for not having had the patience.
My brother has an 05 Auto. He didn't wait. I know he is pissed at himself about that. He won't even drive mine (he so wanted a 6 sp)
MJD
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Zeromus

I would try talking to more than one dealer; I contacted around 15 and got a different helping of B.S. from the majority of them. I'm from Chicago as well, and I preordered an '06 a couple of weeks ago which should come in at the end of November. I don't know how long you want to wait, but if you preorder now, I think you will get it around January -- but it will be exactly how you want it. I got mine for invoice, and my dealer said they would give that same price to anyone else who wants it -- PM me if you're interested, someone else from the site also recently ordered at the same place. Either way, good luck.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why is it so hard to get one? .
Because its October.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:22 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a shame because last i read, the Enthusiast model was their most popular trim

The most popular model is the Touring.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Rasengan

Originally Posted by Zeromus
I would try talking to more than one dealer; I contacted around 15 and got a different helping of B.S. from the majority of them. I'm from Chicago as well, and I preordered an '06 a couple of weeks ago which should come in at the end of November. I don't know how long you want to wait, but if you preorder now, I think you will get it around January -- but it will be exactly how you want it. I got mine for invoice, and my dealer said they would give that same price to anyone else who wants it -- PM me if you're interested, someone else from the site also recently ordered at the same place. Either way, good luck.
looks like i won't have to wait too long, Continental Nissan called and said there is one going to Minnesota, exactly what I want, and they are going to intercept it with a dealer trade...they're not driving it back to Chicago either, they're sending a truck to go pick it up around the the first week of November

he did inform me that since the HIDs and 18" rims are available for the Base, that's what most dealers will be purchasing...he also did mention that there are rumors that the silver may be a new color that almost resembles chrome by adding more metallics to the paint...he didn't know if it was the silver alloy or a special edition color coming late 2006

Originally Posted by davidv
The most popular model is the Touring.
thanks for that info, i stand corrected
Old 10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Rasengan

sorry, double post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Zeromus

i seriously doubt it's another special color since they already have interlagos fire as the "special" color (more expensive) this year, it's probably just silver alloy. though if you can get the exact car you want through a dealer trade, that's awesome -- waiting for my '06 to come in is HELL!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Damn Yankee

Default Getting an 06 Enthusiast

Blue 6 speed this Friday. My salesman had to locate one in SC and have it flatbedded in. The cost of the truck was almost as high as the discount he took off the MSRP. But I get the car in the color and trim that I want so I guess I won't be crying too much.
By the way, my dealer here in Birmingham has several 06 models and a couple are black. Need me to drive one up?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:47 AM
Rasengan

Originally Posted by Damn Yankee
Blue 6 speed this Friday. My salesman had to locate one in SC and have it flatbedded in. The cost of the truck was almost as high as the discount he took off the MSRP. But I get the car in the color and trim that I want so I guess I won't be crying too much.
By the way, my dealer here in Birmingham has several 06 models and a couple are black. Need me to drive one up?
so he's making you pay for the cost of transporting your vehicle? my dealer told me it's of no cost to me but did add a sidenote that of course there is a cost involved in transporting it from MN to Chicago...i'm just going to say, give me invoice on the car and whatever it cost to transport the vehicle i'll pay separately

btw, they're going to do leatherwork on it, it's going to cost me $1,590 for it. Not sure if that's a good deal or not. Anyone know?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That price seems kind of high for adding leather. But, its still cheaper than buying a Touring. Do you need power seats, Bose, and VCD?? If not, then its a pretty good deal. I would check around at some other places and get a quote. One place that I keep hearing good things about is classicsofttrim.com. I remember hearing someone paid around 600-800 to have it installed (dont quote me on that). But the leather there is top notch, and you can get any color(s) you want also. When I get my DB Z, I may add the black leather w/ blue trim. I think that would be a nice combo.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:56 AM
zman1910

Make sure you get all the facts straight because there is no way the dealer will not charge you for transporting, especially if its being flatbedded. You will be paying for it one way or another....anything less than $500 over invoice is a great price if you ask me. You all just need to be patient. The Z is a mass produced car and will start arriving at your local dealerships in a few weeks here. Just be patient....
Old 10-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Rasengan

Originally Posted by camaro194
That price seems kind of high for adding leather. But, its still cheaper than buying a Touring. Do you need power seats, Bose, and VCD?? If not, then its a pretty good deal. I would check around at some other places and get a quote. One place that I keep hearing good things about is classicsofttrim.com. I remember hearing someone paid around 600-800 to have it installed (dont quote me on that). But the leather there is top notch, and you can get any color(s) you want also. When I get my DB Z, I may add the black leather w/ blue trim. I think that would be a nice combo.
the main reason i'm not getting touring is the Bose (i refuse to pay for crap quality components when i know i'll have to replace) but i'd love the heated leather seats...the VDC i can do without, all i really want is TCS and LSD since a lot of people are trying hard to completely cut off the VDC...my best bet really is the Enthusiast and get the leather aftermarket...since i live in Chicago, the heated seats are a major plus
Old 10-17-2005, 07:11 AM
firebuffgal

Glad you won't have to wait long to get your car. We will be getting the Enthusiast in Daytona Blue and will have to wait.

FWIW, I saw the silver in the '06 and it didn't look like chrome to me... also saw the Interlagos Fire and it changes from a purple to a brown depending on the light you are in. Since I don't like brown, I wouldn't get it....