Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Sppeding?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:04 PM
jmcmorante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just to love cars. Some people just get carried away. I have learned to just ignore the negative feedback.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:32 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahem...NO ONE said they're better than you. NO ONE called you a liar. NO ONE "hated on" you, and neither am I. So get that straight first.

You are new to this site and the start you've made definitely isn't the right one...know that too. So you went 176 on a public road? good for you. That's very smart. Almost too smart. So please find it in your heart to forgive all of us dumb folk who just might have YOUR safety on our minds when we say that 176 on a highway is not only stupid, but suicidal. After all, who are we to coach you on your own safety? You are 19 and quite obviously know more than anyone else. "Everyone has done it" is a terrific line. Had you been caught, I would've LOVED to see you try that on the arresting officer.

So a friendly (it really is) piece of advice from someone who has been on these forums a tad longer than you have, would be this: Stay calm, stay in your pants, and don't go apesh!t (pardon my French) on those who may say something for your OWN safety. Otherwise, there's always that clever little button on top of the page called "Log Out". Use it wisely.

Last edited by usmanasif; 03-25-2006 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:16 PM
cleanandquick06

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Ahem...NO ONE said they're better than you. NO ONE called you a liar. NO ONE "hated on" you, and neither am I. So get that straight first.

You are new to this site and the start you've made definitely isn't the right one...know that too. So you went 176 on a public road? good for you. That's very smart. Almost too smart. So please find it in your heart to forgive all of us dumb folk who just might have YOUR safety on our minds when we say that 176 on a highway is not only stupid, but suicidal. After all, who are we to coach you on your own safety? You are 19 and quite obviously know more than anyone else. "Everyone has done it" is a terrific line. Had you been caught, I would've LOVED to see you try that on the arresting officer.

So a friendly (it really is) piece of advice from someone who has been on these forums a tad longer than you have, would be this: Stay calm, stay in your pants, and don't go apesh!t (pardon my French) on those who may say something for your OWN safety. Otherwise, there's always that clever little button on top of the page called "Log Out". Use it wisely.

yeah, you are right, i did kind of loose it alittle. you may think its suicidal and to some it is. and ive seen that arresting officer before. but we all get to make those choices. i dont want to act like im better then everyone, cause im not. i just hate the fact ppl act like i dont know what im talking about but w/e, they can think that. obviously this isnt the right start, so help me out,..., now what?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:53 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No worries, man. You've shown that you can own up to an error. That's a sign of good character. People here are very helpful. We all love all things Z and can't stop talking about them. You'll get pretty darn quick responses to your questions (just make sure you use the search function first!). The only thing to avoid is personal attacks.

<<David, this is where you can post that teddy bear hug pic you posted once before >>
Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
cleanandquick06

Originally Posted by usmanasif
No worries, man. You've shown that you can own up to an error. That's a sign of good character. People here are very helpful. We all love all things Z and can't stop talking about them. You'll get pretty darn quick responses to your questions (just make sure you use the search function first!). The only thing to avoid is personal attacks.

<<David, this is where you can post that teddy bear hug pic you posted once before >>
ok, thanx, i love cars and i love my z, i cant stop working on it. haha
Old 03-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cleanandquick06
ok, just so you all stop hating. my speedo was past 160, my engine was about to hit 6600 rpms and when i looked down at my avic it said 176 and I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT IS MORE ACCURATE
Got one shred of proof or evidence to confirm that your GPS unit can measure speed more accurately than YOUR SPEEDOMETER?

Assume you're going 176 like you said. Your speedo read "past 160" so let's call it 162. That's 8% off.

Unless you put the wrong size overall tire diameter on your car, there is no way that your speedo is going to be 8% off.

Oh yeah, I don't feel like "doing my homework." You are the one who stipulated that the GPS unit is a more accurate measure of speed. If you want anyone to believe that B.S. you should be the one to back it up, not me.

Do you know how a GPS calculates speed? I'm not 100% sure myself either. But I'm willing to bet, it calculates the distance you've traveled in a certain period of time. Let's say it refreshes with the satellite every second, it measures your latitude and longitude etc., every second and it figures out the distance using a simple calculation (most likely not taking topography into consideration) and then it divides distance by time (1 second) to get a speed rating.

Coming from someone who has done many physics experiments personally, something that has so many variables (the GPS unit) will never be as accurate as a simple speedometer. During each variable, each measurement, there is a margin of error. Each time you multiply or divide two numbers with a margin of error, you also must multiply the margin of error.

Now, the GPS unit may be "precise" meaning it can tell you that you're going 89.925 miles/hour or something. But precise does NOT mean the same thing as accurate.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 03-26-2006 at 12:12 PM.