Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

I'm a new salesman

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006 | 01:33 PM
Vertex350

Originally Posted by Ed 718
" Hello I had lousy credit and was making little to no money at my job. I was tired of using public transportation. No one would even talk to me about credit or a car and even another dealership used mace on me when I would not leave. I had no credit and no car to take my hoes out. I then went to Foothill Nissan and met David and he got me in a new Nissan. David got me a new 350z Roadster and he even threw in some Volks and a Nismo exhaust. Thanks David and Foothill Nissan....
LOL Ed, you watch too many commercials.
Old 07-13-2006 | 01:36 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by jondimellow
i heard that there are 3 prices. msrp. invoice. and dealerhold back. dealerhold back is something like 500 below invoice. this is how some dealers sell below invoice. true?

you hahve msrp, and then invoice, dealer holdback is 2% of invoice and the dealer gets that money from the manufacture if the car sells in a timely fassion. 60 days for some dealers and 90 for others...

thats not exact but i dont want to type a 3 page essay on how it really works. so i simplified it.

if the car was brought in from another dealer then there is NO HOLDBACK. dealers buy from eachother at invoice
Old 07-13-2006 | 06:16 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by jondimellow
i heard that there are 3 prices. msrp. invoice. and dealerhold back. dealerhold back is something like 500 below invoice. this is how some dealers sell below invoice. true?
true
Old 07-13-2006 | 06:17 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by Ed 718
" Hello I had lousy credit and was making little to no money at my job. I was tired of using public transportation. No one would even talk to me about credit or a car and even another dealership used mace on me when I would not leave. I had no credit and no car to take my hoes out. I then went to Foothill Nissan and met David and he got me in a new Nissan. David got me a new 350z Roadster and he even threw in some Volks and a Nismo exhaust. Thanks David and Foothill Nissan....
wtf lol
Old 07-13-2006 | 06:18 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by 6swhite350z
true

do you even know what holdback is and how to figure it?

give me how much hold back is on a 17000 dollar invoice sentra

dont wait till tomorrow and ask your boss... if you know what holdback is then you should be able to do the math real quick
Old 07-13-2006 | 06:26 PM
John@Victory

and i dont ask this out of disrespect. but i have issues with somone that puts misinformation out there. and for you to tell the other guy he is correct tells me you really dont know about the car bussiness
Old 07-13-2006 | 07:50 PM
FreeBaGeL

I have no knowledge of the subject at hand, but I see people on here saying they got their car for under invoice all the time.
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:21 PM
6swhite350z

john.. after the last post, i went out with my gf.. i didnt logoff.. i never do actually, just X the window when im done, and reopen it when i want to browse without even logging back in...

i said "true" to that guy b/c today i was having a conversation about how much we pay for our cars.. and i was told approx $500 under the car's invoice (and this was the holdback)

so, sorry if i misinformed by saying "true" b/c the answer was the best of my knowledge

and i dont like it when you misinform by saying i stayed on for xx hrs before signing off, b/c i wasnt even home
Old 07-14-2006 | 03:10 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL
I have no knowledge of the subject at hand, but I see people on here saying they got their car for under invoice all the time.

people can say what they want...i know better.... i just posted the 3 ways a dealer will sell under invoice...

there is the extremely rare occasion that it happens.

but out of the 5000 members here that "SAY" they got it under invoice only prolly 50 of them really did...
Old 07-14-2006 | 03:21 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by 6swhite350z
john.. after the last post, i went out with my gf.. i didnt logoff.. i never do actually, just X the window when im done, and reopen it when i want to browse without even logging back in...

i said "true" to that guy b/c today i was having a conversation about how much we pay for our cars.. and i was told approx $500 under the car's invoice (and this was the holdback)

so, sorry if i misinformed by saying "true" b/c the answer was the best of my knowledge

and i dont like it when you misinform by saying i stayed on for xx hrs before signing off, b/c i wasnt even home

you were logged in for 1 hor and 15 minutes.. i didnt misinform of anything..

holdback is not roughly 500 dollars... it is 2.8% of invoice... so holdback is going to range anywhere from 450 dollars to 1400 dollars... you shouldnt be posting stuff you are not 100% surea about. you dont even know what holdback is or how to figure it or what its designed for. and then you post that someone is correct about 3 different prices.... you are a dealer, some people actually believe you when you post stuff... no you have a guy that you just reaffirmed his belief that the invoice isnt the true amount the dealer paid for the car...

and if you really knew anything about the car bussiness you would know thats not the case. dealers pay invoice just like anyone else.. we just have certain incentives if we sell the cars in timely a fassion.

next thing you will be doing is talking about PACK, FLOORPLAN, MARKETING ASSISTANCE, RETRO MONEY and every other car term which you know nothing about..

Im glad you are in the bussiness and like it, but dont spread misinformation out there. Dealers already have a bad enough name
Old 07-14-2006 | 04:58 AM
bailey bill

Originally Posted by John@Victory

no dealer in the country is going to sell under invoice unless money is being made somewhere else
That's correct. Its called Dealer Holdback.

"Dealer holdback is a percentage of the MSRP or invoice of a new vehicle that is paid to the dealer by the manufacturer to assist with the dealership's financing of the vehicle."

http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/holdback_list.html

And so-called Dealer Invoice figures are available at any of the car-buying sites, and even on many of the dealerships sites (as it was at the dealership I bought from)

My car: (Enthusiast, splash gds, cargo convenience, AKP, FLO, TMA)

MSRP 30,445
Dealer Invoice 28106
I paid 27925 (27625 for the car + 300 doc fee)

Plus tax, title,and tags. Cash deal, no trade.

And yes, they did try to nick me with another $349 of fluff ("Window Etch"), which I refused to pay.

But all in all, it was a simple, straightforward transaction, all done over the internet over a weekend. We finalized by phone on the following Monday, and they delivered that evening. I would do business with them again. They had the car, color, and pkg I wanted, and other than the Window Etch, didn't really play any games.

And we all know the dealer did NOT lose any money on this transaction.

bill

Last edited by bailey bill; 07-14-2006 at 05:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:24 AM
bailey bill

no dealer in the country is going to sell under invoice unless money is being made somewhere else

...dealers pay invoice just like anyone else.. we just have certain incentives if we sell the cars in timely a fassion.
Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out.

bill
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:26 AM
UltraYellow350z

people can say what they want...i know better.... i just posted the 3 ways a dealer will sell under invoice...

there is the extremely rare occasion that it happens.

but out of the 5000 members here that "SAY" they got it under invoice only prolly 50 of them really did...
When I was shopping for an '06 a month ago, I got a dealer down to $300 under invoice. But after that he tacked on $500 dealer fee and $605 destination charge. I believe those are all extra's that they add to make their profit. At the end if I took the deal, I still would have paid OVER invoice even though the dealer said he was giving me $300 under.

I personally believe John is correct.
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:32 AM
bailey bill

You don't think the dealerships would lie to them , do you?
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:36 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by bailey bill
That's correct. Its called Dealer Holdback.

"Dealer holdback is a percentage of the MSRP or invoice of a new vehicle that is paid to the dealer by the manufacturer to assist with the dealership's financing of the vehicle."

http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/holdback_list.html

And so-called Dealer Invoice figures are available at any of the car-buying sites, and even on many of the dealerships sites (as it was at the dealership I bought from)

My car: (Enthusiast, splash gds, cargo convenience, AKP, FLO, TMA)

MSRP 30,445
Dealer Invoice 28106
I paid 27925 (27625 for the car + 300 doc fee)

Plus tax, title,and tags. Cash deal, no trade.

And yes, they did try to nick me with another $349 of fluff ("Window Etch"), which I refused to pay.

But all in all, it was a simple, straightforward transaction, all done over the internet over a weekend. We finalized by phone on the following Monday, and they delivered that evening. I would do business with them again. They had the car, color, and pkg I wanted, and other than the Window Etch, didn't really play any games.

And we all know the dealer did NOT lose any money on this transaction.

bill
did you read what i posted about holdback? if they located it for you and delivered it to you they didnt have holdback.

people "say" they buy below invoice all the time. fact of the matter is if that was the case dealerships would be closing down everyday. not opening everyday.

i find it amusing people that buy in there entire life less cars than i sell in a 3 day span. tell me what this is and what that is and how we do and dont make money.

That like me going into the supermarket and telling the butcher he doesnt know how to cut meat.

1 tenth of 1percent actually truely buy a vehicle under invoice.
maybe you are one of that 1/10th of one percent..
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:43 AM
John@Victory

You don't think the dealerships would lie to them , do you?

actually its the customers lieing more than the dealer. people lie to eachother all the time about car deals as they search for acceptance from others and the "pat on the back" saing "you did good"... and then there is the common lie we hear everyday "well xxxx nissan said they could do xxxxxx on this pathfinder" which we know is a lie too. we all own our cars for the same thing. i know if a dealer can beat my numbers and i know if a dealer can sell their car that cheap. nnanet.com gives me the invoice of any nissan in the country...so its easy to figure the other dealers bottom line on their car. just as they can do the same with my cars and what i can sell them for

people lie all the time about what they buy a car for because they have a fear that someone will tell them they paid too much.

fact is 90% of the poeple out there dont know what they paid for their car till they got home and looked at the paperwork as 90% of the people that buy cars these days buy off of payment. thats why the lease is growing again so fast these days.
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:48 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by UltraYellow350z
When I was shopping for an '06 a month ago, I got a dealer down to $300 under invoice. But after that he tacked on $500 dealer fee and $605 destination charge. I believe those are all extra's that they add to make their profit. At the end if I took the deal, I still would have paid OVER invoice even though the dealer said he was giving me $300 under.

I personally believe John is correct.
destination is not part of dealer money, thats nissans money

im not out mis lead. i dont believe in misleading somewhere in the forums. i dont benifit or lose out by telling the truth in the forums
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:49 AM
bailey bill

John, it was in their inventory. I bought it from that dealership because it was the specific vehicle I wanted, it was on their website, and they posted invoice prices (which I verifed from other web sites). They did not "locate it" for me. And they didn't tell me "C'mon in and we'll talk about it".

BTW, my wife used to be a dealership accountant, and I used to be a dealership Parts Manager.
Old 07-14-2006 | 05:54 AM
John@Victory

John, it was in their inventory. I bought it from that dealership because it was the specific vehicle I wanted, it was on their website, and they posted invoice prices (which I verifed from other web sites). They did not "locate it" for me. And they didn't tell me "C'mon in and we'll talk about it".

BTW, my wife used to be a dealership accountant, and I used to be a dealership Parts Manager.

like i stated . there is that 1/10th of one percent, and hey maybe you were one of them. ... im not speaking directly towards you. but the customer in general
Old 07-14-2006 | 09:01 AM
jackie chan

the age old car sales debate. a noob to the business surely doesn't know all aspects.

Quick Reply: I'm a new salesman