Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Dealer rasing price

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 05:07 AM
supra crazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer raising price

hey i went to purches my z yesterday a daytona blue touring with every thing except a nav and the msrp was 35890 or somthing like that so i thought i could get it for 34Gs when i went to nagotiat a price with them they came out and said it would cast 38900 because of a 3000 dollar premium they charge and also that i am lucky to be getting this 3000 dollar premium because they useto have a 5000 dollar premium thay also told be about how the daytona blue is the rarest z and more bs about how he loves Zs and use to race semi pro so my mom got mad and left and im still here with no z i would like to know does the dealer were you all live still charge premiums?

Thanks for your replys to if you do leave one

Last edited by supra crazy; 03-19-2003 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:58 AM
WashUJon

How old are you? If you're a pretty young person, they saw a young kid who wants the car and tried milking his mother for every penny they could get. This isn't a new thing. This is what salesmen do. The car is still in high demand, yes, but no one is charging over MSRP. There are Zs everywhere now and no dealer can move any of them if they charge over list now. Go find another dealer that doesn't have jackass salesmen and don't be afraid to walk out. Don't place your want for the car over the cost of it. That desire is what the salesmen wolves smell...
Old 03-19-2003, 06:44 AM
phreezee

He's definately trying to rip you off with that BS. Daytona Blue is one of the most common of Z colors!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:39 AM
icepig

Hopefully you have another dealer near you where you can get some decent service. I wouldn't go back to the one you were at. I'd expect to pay MSRP, no more. I was lucky to receive very good, honest service during my 10-month sale process from order to receipt, and can feel good about taking my car back for regular maintenance. By the way, please split up your thoughts into more than one sentence, so we can take a breather when reading them.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:27 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No premium. Here in Cali we've seen a few posts of buys below MSRP.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:56 AM
simstad

Dealers will try and sell you whatever they have on their lot for as much as possible. Shop around, and take a little drive to find a better dealer.

One dealer was trying to sell an Automatic Enthusiast, even though he knew I wanted a 6MT Performance, he went so far as to say automatics are rare and will be more valuable in the future, Gimme A Break.

Waiting a while will not be good for your patience, but will be for your wallet.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:50 AM
supra crazy

he also said i cant order one because he would not be able to make as much money
Old 03-19-2003, 10:09 AM
oogybgy

Default just bought one-UNDER MSRP

I dealt with the same kinda crap. Give me a break, go online and look at dealers' lots in your area. You will probably find they all have Zs sitting on the lot. THey will tell you all kinds of things trying to get you to THINK the car is "so hot". Prices have come down a lot lately. I live in Northern VA where the car is pretty hot, but not hard to come by. My advice is this: start making offers, and be prepared to walk out. Worse case, wait a little longer maybe, and pay for shipping and order out of your area. A lot of the more remote areas are charging less. I paid $750 under and negotiated after market leather as well for a track model last night. I know I could have gotten a better deal, but after walking out of 2 dealerships already, i was tired and just WANTED my Z. I think you can get about 1500 under. Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:14 AM
cotmfk

If they saw you walk in with your mom, they definitely thought they were dealing with a wounded animal. Don't fret. Just go somewhere else, or have your mom go in by herself with exactly what you want in her mind (assuming the car is for you).
Old 03-19-2003, 11:18 AM
Z'd

consider telling them that you are a member of this site and are collecting names of dealers who sell the car fairly (MSRP or less) and those that gouge. NNA has definitely frowned on additional markups.
Let them know that it will be posted and be common knowledge amongst those interested in Zs!!!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 12:09 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nonsense

Total nonsense!

The local dealers here are offering a discount under MSRP without even haggling.

Heck, I am getting my Roadster for just MSRP.

I agree with the other. Find another dealership and stay away from this one.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Poolside

Default New Z,

Hi all, I just picked up my Z yesterday, 350z enthusiast for 2200 under sticker, with the same dealer that was trying to charge 5k over when they first came out. There are many to be had, he had 13 on the lot.
I also want to say the car is AMAZING!!!! Love it!!!

Jason.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:10 PM
cotmfk

Congrats Jason! Enjoy the car!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:24 PM
WayneTN

Originally posted by cotmfk
Congrats Jason! Enjoy the car!
Yeah, welcome to the club, Jason! Let us know when you stop grinning while you drive.

WayneTN
Old 03-20-2003, 04:49 PM
retrodog

If you had to go there with your mommy you're too young to be driving a Z. Just wait a few years till you can go buy one by yourself. When you can act like an adult, they will treat you like one.

Just kiddin dude. Hang in there buddy. The price is droppin like a rock and should be pretty negotiable within the next month or two. They will start feeling like they really need to move them cause the new ones will be on the way shortly. But seriously, you might need a knowledgable adult to negotiate for you. I'd help you out if you were in Houston. Most of the dealers I've bought from are in no hurry for me to return. I never believe in buying anything faster than 2-3 weeks, unless I can break them faster. You just gotta enjoy the dance more than them.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:36 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by retrodog
I never believe in buying anything faster than 2-3 weeks, unless I can break them faster. You just gotta enjoy the dance more than them.
That's the truth! By the end of it, YOU really know what you want, and they just want to get rid of you! lol

And, I definitely enjoy car shopping. Almost more than owning the car.... almost.